PDA

View Full Version : Mears Auctions

ChiSoxTony
06-15-2018, 10:24 AM
I've never purchased a game used jersey through Mears Auctions and am considering doing so in the future. What do net54 members think about Mears? Can I buy with confidence from Mears AND trust a Mears LOA? Thanks!

ooo-ribay
06-15-2018, 10:39 AM
N54 member Dave Grob worked for/with Mears. Hopefully, he weighs in. I think they're fine.

Bpm0014
06-15-2018, 11:13 AM
I've gotten a lot of good deals with them. They are fine.

drcy
06-15-2018, 11:52 AM
They make the occasional mistake, as with everyone, but are reliable and respected. I bought stuff from in past years, and always got what was advertised.

Though, as with all collecting and all auctions, it helps to do your own homework.

Leon
06-15-2018, 01:51 PM
N54 member Dave Grob worked for/with Mears. Hopefully, he weighs in. I think they're fine.

My guess is Dave (hi Dave) won't weigh in since he has new employment at SGC. That said I have never heard much bad press on MEARS and the owner, Troy K, is a nice guy from all I know and the several times we have spoken.

Dave Grob
06-15-2018, 04:18 PM
You will have to decide for yourself how objective you wish to consider my comments, but if the question is now that I am no longer with MEARS, would I or will I bid with confidence in a MEARS auction, the answer is yes. I also believe that if I had a question about an item, it will be responded to in a timely manner. While I would not anticipate any issues or problems with any item I might win, I also believe that this too would be dealt with a prompt and professional manner.

Dave Grob

Jim65
06-15-2018, 05:22 PM
Ive never had a problem buying from them but I always do my homework.

I did contact them once about a 1983 Mets Tom Seaver BP jersey, I gave them a list of reasons why the jersey was not worn by Seaver. They never responded and ended up selling the jersey, someone got a bogus jersey.

Bestdj777
06-15-2018, 07:24 PM
Never bought anything from them directly but have a handful of game used items with their certs in my collection and have no doubts that they are genuine.

ChiSoxTony
06-17-2018, 10:46 AM
Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. I appreciate it greatly!