PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Topps Help

Marslife
06-02-2018, 10:57 AM
Hey All!

not schooled in these at all. I've a friend that called me, owns a hardware store, he found a box full of 1991 Topps BB cards. I'm not sure if they are new in box or loose. he said he has 3 chipper jones cards. he asked me if they were worth anything.

i completed a brief ebay sold card search, i told him if the Chipper cards have a gray back maybe $20 in mint, white back (tiffany?) maybe $200 mint and if a desert storm on the front $2500 mint?

am I on the right track?

also any other gems he should look for in the lot?

Thanks!!

Cliff

Rookiemonster
06-02-2018, 11:03 AM
Chipper is about a buck in mint. Tiffany about 50 in mint condition. Desert storm about 350.00. This is raw I guessing he didn’t find a box of 1991 Topps graded.

Marslife
06-02-2018, 11:10 AM
thanks Dustin, I hope he hasnt borrowed money on them yet :-)

i guess I was a bit optimistic.

I saw the error and variation post below. are the EV's worth anything?

thanks!!

swarmee
06-02-2018, 12:11 PM
The print variations are worth something to a very small group of people, just like very few people care about Fac30 backs... ;-)

Marslife
06-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Thanks John!

you gotta watch those F30 collectors :-)

I printed out the EV list for him in the prior post, that will let me know if he is serious on letting them go....

Will post if he finds any.

IN the meantime I will tell him to keep the hardware store OPEN!

thanks fellas...

ALR-bishop
06-03-2018, 11:02 AM
We may be a small group but we are not all a group of small people.

Does the pink dot on the cap exist only in some of the base set cards ? I assume so. I have a DS set and a Tiffany set. My DS card does not have it and my Tiffany set is still boxed.