PDA

View Full Version : Auction house shipping times - very interesting

hcv123
05-22-2018, 08:53 AM
So, I recently won lots in 3 auctions - Heritage ended in April, REA and Small Traditions.

Payments were withdrawn from my account on the following dates and the items were shipped/received on the following dates:

REA - funds withdrawn May 21st, items received May 21st - unbelievable!

Small Traditions - funds withdrawn May 15th, notice of delivery with tracking expected to receive tomorrow May 23rd - very reasonable

Heritage - funds withdrawn May 7th. Still no package (it was 1 card) - unacceptable. I called and spoke with someone this morning who communicated -"it should have been shipped out last week" - she was going to make some noise to see what was going on with my card and e-mail me to let me know. I believe that was about 30+ minutes ago - no email yet.

I know REA has a stunning reputation for rapid shipping. Anyone have similar not so good experience with Heritage?

aljurgela
05-22-2018, 09:07 AM
So, I recently won lots in 3 auctions - Heritage ended in April, REA and Small Traditions.

Payments were withdrawn from my account on the following dates and the items were shipped/received on the following dates:

REA - funds withdrawn May 21st, items received May 21st - unbelievable!

Small Traditions - funds withdrawn May 15th, notice of delivery with tracking expected to receive tomorrow May 23rd - very reasonable

Heritage - funds withdrawn May 7th. Still no package (it was 1 card) - unacceptable. I called and spoke with someone this morning who communicated -"it should have been shipped out last week" - she was going to make some noise to see what was going on with my card and e-mail me to let me know. I believe that was about 30+ minutes ago - no email yet.

I know REA has a stunning reputation for rapid shipping. Anyone have similar not so good experience with Heritage?

+1 REA Super Fast... Had to wait 3 weeks for Heritage and 3 phone calls to customer service. Disappointed.

Peter_Spaeth
05-22-2018, 09:11 AM
Heritage can be on the slow side, but it doesn't bother me because I am not in a rush and if I get a good buy I am fine with waiting since I know what to expect. Plus you get a lifetime supply of packing peanuts.:eek:

x2drich2000
05-22-2018, 09:24 AM
I've had mixed results with Heritage. Most recently shipping seemed a bit slow, but I have also had them ship my items almost the same day they received my payment.

DJ

Rich Falvo
05-22-2018, 09:48 AM
I've only had good experiences with Heritage, but I'm usually only buying single cards from their weekly Sunday auctions. Every time that I've paid on a Monday, I've had the cards by the weekend.

hcv123
05-22-2018, 12:21 PM
They emailed me (as stated) that they will be sending out overnight and apologized.

bensie
05-22-2018, 12:45 PM
My first few Heritage orders were slow, but now that they've upgraded me to their "ship prior to receiving payment" option, they've been pretty fast.

oldjudge
05-22-2018, 12:46 PM
I agree with Rich. I think Heritage is great.

Rickyy
05-22-2018, 01:26 PM
Heritage sometimes takes longer...from my experience, within week to week and a half after payment... but it is always packed and shipped very carefully (as Peter said...with lots o peanuts). I'm okay with their time.

REA is fast... within one week I usually have it.

Love of the Game also very fast too...

Ricky Y

mantlefan
05-22-2018, 07:45 PM
I paid my REA bill one day AFTER I received my winnings (over $10K).

I paid Heritage on April 21st (under $10K), was charged $58 for shipping 7 graded cards and received my items on May 19th. I grade them PSA 1 (poor). Their shipping dept. should be put to the lash.

PLUS: I go to sign in today on their site via PayPal and get this crap:

https://d28lcup14p4e72.cloudfront.net/1237/3899262/HERITAGEBS.jpg

WTF?

Topnotchsy
05-22-2018, 08:11 PM
My first few Heritage orders were slow, but now that they've upgraded me to their "ship prior to receiving payment" option, they've been pretty fast.

I got a message like this on my winnings from this past auction. Will see how long it takes to receive.

Topnotchsy
05-29-2018, 05:44 PM
I got a message like this on my winnings from this past auction. Will see how long it takes to receive.

Winnings arrived today. One of the highlights...

bobbyw8469
05-29-2018, 05:51 PM
I paid my REA bill one day AFTER I received my winnings (over $10K).

I paid Heritage on April 21st (under $10K), was charged $58 for shipping 7 graded cards and received my items on May 19th. I grade them PSA 1 (poor). Their shipping dept. should be put to the lash.

PLUS: I go to sign in today on their site via PayPal and get this crap:

https://d28lcup14p4e72.cloudfront.net/1237/3899262/HERITAGEBS.jpg

WTF?

I don't mean no harm, but as a consignor I would be leery of someone sending out my items before receiving payment.

oldjudge
05-29-2018, 06:21 PM
I don't mean no harm, but as a consignor I would be leery of someone sending out my items before receiving payment.

Why? It's not your risk.

Leon
05-31-2018, 07:51 AM
Why? It's not your risk.

I agree. As a consignor if the AH wants to take liability for one of their customers payments i don't care. As long as they send my consignment check on time I am fine.