PDA

View Full Version : Brad Pencil - Nice guy

larrydavidfan33
05-13-2018, 05:02 PM
A guy by the name of Brad Pencil from Illinois and or Florida just tried to sell me a T206 Cobb PSA 6 for 1/10 the retail... could this be the same one that was exposed here ? His ebay username is OLDVINTAGECARDBOARD
Who should I report this to ?
Bryan

xplainer
05-13-2018, 05:04 PM
You did the right thing here. Leon can check out his info and see if he is here.

Leon
05-13-2018, 05:05 PM
LOL....yes, he is a member here. He has posted 1156 times.

http://www.net54baseball.com/member.php?u=305687

xplainer
05-13-2018, 05:10 PM
Where did this alleged sale take place? Nothing on eBay that I can see.

ullmandds
05-13-2018, 05:11 PM
A guy by the name of Brad Pencil from Illinois and or Florida just tried to sell me a T206 Cobb PSA 6 for 1/10 the retail... could this be the same one that was exposed here ? His ebay username is OLDVINTAGECARDBOARD
Bryan

Finally it’s a crime to be stupid !

larrydavidfan33
05-13-2018, 05:17 PM
Where did this alleged sale take place? Nothing on eBay that I can see.

Alleged? Buzz off dude I'm trying to uncover a situation here ... who should I report this to?

This guy is a member here ?! I don't see him listed under Brad Pencil are people allowed to use fake names here ? I'm verified.

Sean
05-13-2018, 05:21 PM
Bryan

Was it a Cobb green?

daves_resale_shop
05-13-2018, 05:28 PM
Brad seems to do a lot of business here without issue... maybe his offer was a typo.

glchen
05-13-2018, 05:29 PM
I’ve purchased a lot of expensive cards from Brad and was never scammed...

xplainer
05-13-2018, 05:29 PM
Alleged? Buzz off dude I'm trying to uncover a situation here ... who should I report this to?

This guy is a member here ?! I don't see him listed under Brad Pencil are people allowed to use fake names here ? I'm verified.

Buzz off dude?
I am only asking logical questions.
Leon said he was a member here. Pencil1974.

And, don’t send me PM’s. Just post of here.

You gave his eBay name, so I guessed it happened there.

Leon
05-13-2018, 05:30 PM

Inspector Cluso. And if you would quit typing and click the link I added above you would find Brad's profile.

1880nonsports
05-13-2018, 05:32 PM
but my parole officer suggested that wasn't a good thing

orly57
05-13-2018, 05:35 PM
Ive conducted NUMEROUS transactions with Brad over the years and never had any issues. 10% of the price of something means one less zero. Is it possible he missed a zero?

trobba
05-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Never had a problem with Brad...have done several deals with him.

Stonepony
05-13-2018, 05:38 PM
Inspector Cluso. And if you would quit typing and click the link I added above you would find Brad's profile.

:DClassic

ezez420
05-13-2018, 05:39 PM
Takes a lot of balls to come on here and call Brad a scam artist. Brad is 100% legit. I think you should report your concern to Eric.

xplainer
05-13-2018, 05:45 PM
Takes a lot of balls to come on here and call Brad a scam artist. Brad is 100% legit. I think you should report your concern to Eric.

You should see the PM’s he is sending me.

I only asked a question, now I have offended him.

And won’t post it on here for all to see.

Bryan, I won’t “ fetch” it. If you won’ t provide details, well, ok then. It is your issue to deal with.

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 05:48 PM
Sorry guys this our friend Toppsaholic being a dick. What was his name, Mitch or Matt or Mike, he had several of them.

He's a bit touched and not in a good way. So if you look at the guy who is talking and just put Toppsaholics name in his place I think we have wiener. ;)

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 05:49 PM
Soooo question for you Orlando... is this basically slander then? Legal recourse?

Sean1125
Sorry guys this our friend Toppsaholic being a dick. What was his name, Mitch or Matt or Mike, he had several of them.

He's a bit touched and not in a good way. So if you look at the guy who is talking and just put Toppsaholics name in his place I think we have wiener. ;)

A bit touched? I think he got touched.

Sean1125
Soooo question for you Orlando... is this basically slander then? Legal recourse?

Libel.

orly57
05-13-2018, 05:51 PM
Hope they ban this guy. Better yet, I hope this thread is deleted so future google searches of Brad's name don't turn up this nonesense.

As for the libel lawsuit Brad, I'm pretty sure suing Toppsaholic would be fruitless since he probably lives in his mom's basement. At best you can garnish a couple of Phish albums, an old bong, and his bicycle.

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 05:52 PM
Ok its one thing to be a bully behind the scenes, which what ever I'm cool with. But straight up on the headline is pretty ballsy lol.

Was he banned from here or did he stick around?

aloondilana
05-13-2018, 05:55 PM
Brad is one of the most honest guys I know.
Have done several deals with Brad.
Never a problem.

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 05:56 PM
I guess my other question is who is Brian Taylor? Shill, real person, if its a tough guy attitude, wants to fight about anything, then thats just Topps again. He gets angry quick, and probably turns green too. ;)

Leon
05-13-2018, 06:00 PM
I guess my other question is who is Brian Taylor? Shill, real person, if its a tough guy attitude, wants to fight about anything, then thats just Topps again. He gets angry quick, and probably turns green too. ;)

I just called Bryan Taylor's phone number on file. His voice mail picked up and he said it was him. My guess is that is this person's name. We can take it further if need be ..I wouldn't put it by a good scammer to have a fake voicemail set up. It's not that difficult. IF this OP doesn't come back and deal with it then the thread can be dealt with on it's own, I wouldn't want a troll slamming someone and having it on our board for searches. We'll see how it goes.

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 06:07 PM
Yeah I would vote for troll myself but hey its a free country unless you get sued...

Clydewally
05-13-2018, 06:09 PM
I have done a couple of deals with Brad without issue and with above average communication throughout.

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 06:09 PM
Orlando! Dude I would gladly take all three of those items, those sound better than half the stuff I own. :)

gnaz01
05-13-2018, 06:14 PM
Have done a couple deals of high dollar cards with Brad, he is straight up legit!!

Rhotchkiss
05-13-2018, 06:28 PM
I have done deals with Brad - big boy deals - and have never had an issue. I am hoping this is just miscommunication/ a mix up.

xplainer
05-13-2018, 06:34 PM
On my ignore list now.
Here and eBay.
So, overall, productive day.

larrydavidfan33
05-13-2018, 06:35 PM
Libel.

Libel ? Hardly. Would love to see it. I can post anything that's true right counselor?
Truth can always be questioned

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 06:35 PM
I have done deals with Brad - big boy deals - and have never had an issue. I am hoping this is just miscommunication/ a mix up.

No miscommunication, I have no idea who Bryan is. A few of us have it figured out be a friend of Topps or Topps himself. Once the Libel word got tossed around though he sort of calmed down....

orly57
05-13-2018, 06:37 PM
Libel ? Hardly. Would love to see it. I can post anything that's true right counselor?
Truth can always be questioned

Did you return that missed call from Leon?

Peter_Spaeth
05-13-2018, 06:39 PM
Have done a couple deals of high dollar cards with Brad, he is straight up legit!!

But did you have above average communication?:eek:

larrydavidfan33
05-13-2018, 06:42 PM

I am not toppsaholic but I'm glad to see word of my post travels fast ! Amazed all these people here saying PENCIL is a good guy to deal with them how is he offering me a 20000 card for 2000?
People are telling me it's fake

My name is Bryan not Mitch and I am not joking about this matter. I guess I should post his correspondence? And a pic ?
Will u still doubt me then ?
This guy already sold this card once now it has reappeared I found old threads HERE ! WOW

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 06:44 PM
Sure would love to see them.

Where do you live again?

RedsFan1941
05-13-2018, 06:50 PM

ooh, i love Big Boy deals. the best is when they give you a free piece of pie with the purchase of an entree.

of course, the pie isn't really free. Big Boy makes it up with the buyer premium.

CW
05-13-2018, 06:50 PM
Is the T206 Cobb still for sale?

I'll take it!

orly57
05-13-2018, 06:51 PM
Bryan, I assure you that every one of us would change our position if you post convincing proof. None of us want scammers in our hobby. But please, don't just talk about the smoking gun: show it to us.

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 06:55 PM
I'm interested to see it just to see his Photoshop skills. Since I use Photoshop at work I'm a bit critical but its what I get paid to do.

larrydavidfan33
05-13-2018, 06:58 PM
Sure would love to see them.

Where do you live again?

Check my account

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 06:59 PM
Is the T206 Cobb still for sale?

I'll take it!

You'll have to buy from Brian, I guess I just sold it too him or tried too, I don't remember now. Just call him Matt and what him get mad. Its like shaking a hornet in a glass jar.... good times...

frankbmd
05-13-2018, 07:00 PM
I’m guessing Dothan.

Peter_Spaeth
05-13-2018, 07:01 PM
I’m guessing Dothan.

God damn you I can't stop laughing.

larrydavidfan33
05-13-2018, 07:01 PM
No miscommunication, I have no idea who Bryan is. A few of us have it figured out be a friend of Topps or Topps himself. Once the Libel word got tossed around though he sort of calmed down....

I encourage a libel suit. You won't do it because you will be exposed.
Leon the proctor has all my info and I will make counsel available...

gnaz01
05-13-2018, 07:03 PM

Why all the drama? Brad said to post what you got, so don’t be a chicken $hit and just post it.......

Peter_Spaeth
05-13-2018, 07:04 PM
Why all the drama? Brad said to post what you got, so don’t be a chicken $hit and just post it.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM1a5D3fBAo

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 07:08 PM

Cool. I will call your bluff on this. Why don't you give me your counsels name and my friend who happens to be an attorney who is on the board but I will not mention his name will get in touch.

cardsnstuff
05-13-2018, 07:15 PM
Nothing better than a controversial good forum/topic on a Sunday Night; Beats watching reruns on TV.

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 07:21 PM
I'm with you!

I gave him about an hour to photoshop something together.

Nada. I'm disappointed, I could do something in the hour if he wants.

I'll even help. I have an iPhone 8, text for Apple messages is Helvetica, now if you want the RGB colors for the blue if you are on the Messages or the green if you are on reg text (since we are not printing the texts so no CMYK needed) I can shoot those over to you.

larrydavidfan33
05-13-2018, 07:21 PM
??! No idea why no one believes me ? Yes please sue me this is crazy can't believe a psa holder can be fake ?
Wow I guess since I'm new I've got no voice here. Defend the guy with a fake card who has 1100 posts ?
How did people know its green?
Anyone can call me I'm verified

Gobucsmagic74
05-13-2018, 07:23 PM
I thought you said you had something to show? Put up or shut up time

ullmandds
05-13-2018, 07:25 PM
??! No idea why no one believes me ? Yes please sue me this is crazy can't believe a psa holder can be fake ?
Wow I guess since I'm new I've got no voice here. Defend the guy with a fake card who has 1100 posts ?

Noone believes you because:
1 u are new
2 u are accusing a respected member of wrongdoing
3 the way in which you communicate screams that you are:
a.a child
b. an idiot

cardsnstuff
05-13-2018, 07:29 PM
Noone believes you because:
1 u are new
2 u are accusing a respected member of wrongdoing
3 the way in which you communicate screams that you are:
a.a child
b. an idiot

That's Funny
:D:D;)

vintagetoppsguy
05-13-2018, 07:29 PM
Brad, are you in possession of the fake PSA 6 green Cobb and, if so, how did you get it back from Toppsaholic?

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 07:31 PM

Here you go this may help you with the green color. Its the RGB color. Let me know if you need the blue again. Sorry you are having issues. I know a few good freelancers that could help you if need be.

Hey also I'll call you whats your number.

tiger8mush
05-13-2018, 07:32 PM

Show us the card he offered and the communication from him. :confused::confused:

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 07:33 PM
Brad, are you in possession of the fake PSA 6 green Cobb and, if so, how did you get it back from Toppsaholic?

Nope I think he still has it and was going to blow it up or something. Maybe he is doing bigger fraud now like phishing? Sort of scary.

bnorth
05-13-2018, 07:37 PM
Here you go this may help you with the green color. Its the RGB color. Let me know if you need the blue again. Sorry you are having issues. I know a few good freelancers that could help you if need be.

Hey also I'll call you whats your number.

Call LOL, I remember Toppsy and Mrs Toppsy always wanted to talk to everyone on the phone. Thanks for the funny memory.:D

I still wonder if I am a real person or not. I had forgotten about all their bat sheep crazy posts.

Vintagecatcher
05-13-2018, 07:38 PM
Bryan

Brad is a respected, long time member of this board!

I suggest you report this to: Archive!

Patrick

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 07:39 PM
Hey Ben! Right the good old days! I thought he said you were cool at the end there or did it go south again. I forgot which it was.

frankbmd
05-13-2018, 07:44 PM
You may be liable, certainly deep friable
in a court of law
Late nights all alone with a keyboard ohh oh oh oh
Leon Luckey, son, shrinking in medicine
Calls you on the phone
Can you send me all of the pictures, ldfan?
But as you're getting ready to post
A knock comes on the door

Bang, bang, Leon's silver hammer
Came down upon your head
Made sure that you are dead

Back on the forum again aholic plays the fool again
Leon's men get annoyed
Wishing to avoid an unpleasant scene
Leon tells him to stay after the class has gone away
So he waits behind
Writing 50 times "I must not be so" oh oh oh
Then he turns his back on Leon
,who creeps up from behind

Came down upon his head
Do do do do do
Made sure that he was dead

Remember the Candiman "Leon caught a dirty one"
calling on the phone
Painting testimonial pictures ohh oh oh oh
fb and peter, we screaming from the gallery
Say he must not go free (Leon must ban he)
But some do not agree and they tell him so oh oh oh
But as the words are leaving their lips
A noise comes from behind

Came down upon his head
Do do do do do
Bang, Bang, Maxwell's silver hammer
Wow wow wow oh!
Do do do dothan

dedicated to weasels and Beatle fans everywhere in jest of course.:D

vintagetoppsguy
05-13-2018, 07:44 PM
Nope I think he still has it and was going to blow it up or something. Maybe he is doing bigger fraud now like phishing? Sort of scary.

Thanks! The OP indicates this is about the fake T206 Green Cobb that has been the topic of past threads. I remember you trying to sell it, then I remember Toppsaholic trying to sell it soon thereafter, but he offered to later destroy it. I was just wondering what ever came of it.

A guy by the name of Brad Pencil from Illinois and or Florida just tried to sell me a T206 Cobb PSA 6 for 1/10 the retail...

bnorth
05-13-2018, 07:49 PM
Hey Ben! Right the good old days! I thought he said you were cool at the end there or did it go south again. I forgot which it was.

I had forgot all about him/them.

One of them PMed me and asked if i would please quit posting their real info. I quit posting their real info and they quit attacking me with crazy made up stuff for calling them out.

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 07:50 PM
I don't know you can ask him is all I can say. I try to avoid him like the plague but at least with the plague there is death, he's more like herpes just hangs around and can never get rid of him.

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 07:55 PM
I had forgot all about him/them.

One of them PMed me and asked if i would please quit posting their real info. I quit posting their real info and they quit attacking me with crazy made up stuff for calling them out.

I don't blame you. He's been blowing up my email telling me he's not Bryan, but look at the attacking style, the writing, etc... I would say friend but...do you think he has one? Relative? Celly? lol.

larrydavidfan33
05-13-2018, 07:55 PM
Thanks! The OP indicates this is about the fake T206 Green Cobb that has been the topic of past threads. I remember you trying to sell it, then I remember Toppsaholic trying to sell it soon thereafter, but he offered to later destroy it. I was just wondering what ever came of it.

So vintagetoppsguy u actually remember pencil selling it a while ago ? So this is the same fake ? Thanks for confirming

I just had someone write to me saying they remember when brad pencil sold it to toppsaholic ! A respected board member !?

3 people have now confirmed for me this respected member ALREADY sold this card now he has it again or another one ?
In an old thread toppsaholic says he was going to burn the card looks like he lied ?
Amazing y'all defending this well respected member when other members REMEMBER him selling it previously

Nice !

My monster number is 7 now

Peter_Spaeth
05-13-2018, 07:56 PM
Seems quite a coincidence you got that ebay message right after the thread posted.

larrydavidfan33
05-13-2018, 07:57 PM
I don't blame you. He's been blowing up my email telling me he's not Bryan, but look at the attacking style, the writing, etc... I would say friend but...do you think he has one? Relative? Celly? lol.

Isn't Ben north the guy who did jail time in Texas for counterfeit money ? Same guy ?

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 07:59 PM
Seems quite a coincidence you got that ebay message right after the thread posted.

Yeah pretty odd that would happen since I had not talked to Topps in a very long time. And he may have gotten a little offended when he was tough guy talking and then the next thing you know he happens to be looking at 54 when I think he was banned or has not posted in how long?

I'm sure its all just coincidence.

larrydavidfan33
05-13-2018, 08:01 PM

More peanut gallery nonsense?
A fake PSA holder. Hello ?? Hellllllooooo ?

And u worried about coincidence? What message?

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 08:02 PM
Isn't Ben north the guy who did jail time in Texas for counterfeit money ? Same guy ?

Anyone else think its odd that this Bryan does his question marks the same way as Topps did? I would think that is something not that common.

Bliggity
05-13-2018, 08:08 PM
Anyone else think its odd that this Bryan does his question marks the same way as Topps did? I would think that is something not that common.

The grammar police have finally solved a case!!!

Done in by punctuation. LOL.

drmondobueno
05-13-2018, 08:11 PM
You may be liable, certainly deep friable
in a court of law
Late nights all alone with a keyboard ohh oh oh oh
Leon Luckey, son, shrinking in medicine
Calls you on the phone
Can you send me all of the pictures, ldfan?
But as you're getting ready to post
A knock comes on the door

Came down upon your head
Made sure that you are dead

Back on the forum again aholic plays the fool again
Leon's men get annoyed
Wishing to avoid an unpleasant scene
Leon tells him to stay after the class has gone away
So he waits behind
Writing 50 times "I must not be so" oh oh oh
Then he turns his back on Leon
,who creeps up from behind

Came down upon his head
Do do do do do

Remember the Candiman "Leon caught a dirty one"
calling on the phone
Painting testimonial pictures ohh oh oh oh
fb and peter, we screaming from the gallery
Say he must not go free (Leon must ban he)
But some do not agree and they tell him so oh oh oh
But as the words are leaving their lips
A noise comes from behind

Came down upon his head
Do do do do do
Bang, Bang, Maxwell's silver hammer
Wow wow wow oh!
Do do do dothan

dedicated to weasels and Beatle fans everywhere in jest of course.:D

Frank is on a roll!

Happy Mother’s day all you...mothers!

PS. Would like to see a pic of this card yall are talking about. Anybody ask to see a scan...listening to Ozzy and Perry Mason as we speak...

larrydavidfan33
05-13-2018, 08:13 PM

Isn't that the guy u sold the card to already?
How did u get it back or is it another one?
How am I supposed to do question marks ?????

In the past hour plus I've seen several members defend Brad Pencil as a respected member ....WHILE confirming he already sold it to toppsaholic 2 years ago ??
Why are you so defensive on the topic and if it's not true then you'll easily win a libel judgement against me right?
You'll be grossly exposed
Back to coins I guess

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 08:14 PM

I know I love those forensic file shows. Sort of odd ?? Don't you think?

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 08:15 PM
Isn't that the guy u sold the card to already?
How did u get it back or is it another one?
How am I supposed to do question marks ?????

In the past hour plus I've seen several members defend Brad Pencil as a respected member ....WHILE confirming he already sold it to toppsaholic 2 years ago ??
Why are you so defensive on the topic and if it's not true then you'll easily win a libel judgement against me right?
You'll be grossly exposed
Back to coins I guess

Hey good luck with your coins dude. I hope it works out for you.

swarmee
05-13-2018, 08:17 PM
Is this an episode of MTV catfish?

bnorth
05-13-2018, 08:18 PM

Where did you get this bogus info? I might have spent some time behind the walls of a state penitentiary. If i did it was not in Texas and not for counterfeiting money.

larrydavidfan33
05-13-2018, 08:23 PM
Where did you get this bogus info? I might have spent some time behind the walls of a state penitentiary. If i did it was not in Texas and not for counterfeiting money.

Sorry you're obviously not the same guy. There was a guy named Ben J. north who was a counterfeit conviction in the late 80's in Austin Texas...

Interesting however to know u were in jail .... but you aren't the same Ben north obviously

slidekellyslide
05-13-2018, 08:23 PM

Sergeant Sloate is gonna throw a party!

Aquarian Sports Cards
05-13-2018, 08:27 PM
Bryan, why don't you just post the communication? I for one would want to know if someone, even someone with a good reputation is trying to scam. However, I do require proof of some sort not just accusations.

bnorth
05-13-2018, 08:31 PM
Bryan, why don't you just post the communication? I for one would want to know if someone, even someone with a good reputation is trying to scam. However, I do require proof of some sort not just accusations.

Well he might have something after all the Texas thing was supposed to be off my record.:eek:

mantlefan
05-13-2018, 08:43 PM
Hey, something good came out of this dust-up!

Dr. Frank posted a cool Net54 version of a Beatles song. Props to the good doctor.

pencil1974
05-13-2018, 08:55 PM
I gave plenty of time for a post. I offered a few ideas to prove it and just not going to wait around all day when some one calls you out.

You should probably have said proof ready when you posted it.

Thanks for playing, I'm out..

JollyElm
05-13-2018, 09:01 PM
This thread definitely deserves to get a purple sticker.

Peter_Spaeth
05-13-2018, 09:16 PM
Hey, something good came out of this dust-up!

Dr. Frank posted a cool Net54 version of a Beatles song. Props to the good doctor.

Don't inflate his ego any more, please.

Leon
05-13-2018, 09:20 PM
Brad said to post the communication., So either you do or this thread gets edited or deleted and you get the boot. Your call

Sorry you're obviously not the same guy. There was a guy named Ben J. north who was a counterfeit conviction in the late 80's in Austin Texas...

Interesting however to know u were in jail .... but you aren't the same Ben north obviously