PDA

View Full Version : Signed base..

gamebird
05-13-2018, 05:34 AM
I am thinking about getting a base (Schutt Jack Corbet MLB Hollywood Baseball Base) and have Rickey Henderson sign it but not sure what to have him sign it with. I know a sharpie will look best the day he signs it, but will it stand the test of time. I could have him sign it in pen, but I am concerned it will look weak and be difficult to see. I am also thinking of getting a "home plate" and have Johnny Bench sign it.....maybe a couple of pitching rubbers and get some pitching Hall of Famers? Would love to hear some thoughts, Thanks
Pete

Kzoo
05-13-2018, 06:11 AM
I've been a longtime Henderson collector. He has refused to sign bases for a long time and I think that's still the case.

gamebird
05-13-2018, 06:53 AM
ok, Ill have to look into it. Thank You.

thenavarro
05-13-2018, 01:33 PM
A real MLB pitching rubber would be a pain in the arse to take around to signings as they are very heavy. Don't recall the exact weight but I believe it was north of 50 lbs.

Klrdds
05-13-2018, 04:54 PM
The pitching rubber wasn't an issue for me . In 1995 when the Atlanta Braves won the WS I wanted a pitching rubber signed by the starters . I contacted the Braves and they gave me the name of the pitching rubber manufacturer and I ordered just the rubber itself . It also was easy to display because it was not mounted to anything just the rubber itself .

Klrdds
05-13-2018, 05:01 PM
As far as bases for Henderson I remember back in the late 80s / early 90s he signed a very limited number of bases for his Man of Steel promoter . They were expensive at the time ...about $1895 . I inquired at that time about buying 6 but was told they had sold out by his promoter. A few made their way into auctions at that time but haven't seen any for years . I picked up mine at auction .