PDA

View Full Version : Card ID Help

MartyFromCANADA
05-10-2018, 11:54 PM
Hey guys. I've been trying too find a Baseball Bats Gibson, and have saved images of examples from archived posts on the web. I am pretty sure all three of these are the same card, just want to get your opinions. Are they the same card? Thanks, Marty

JollyElm
05-11-2018, 12:33 AM
The shiny mark to the right of his head and the sorta home plate-shaped white mark with dark anomalies above and to the left of his name, certainly seem to be exact matches.

edhans
05-11-2018, 05:16 AM
I'm not so sure. The upper left corner on the left card doesn't seem to match the other two. Ditto the frame line on the bottom of the right card. The marks Darren points out could have been on the printing plate.

Aquarian Sports Cards
05-11-2018, 05:16 AM
They all have the same rubber band mark on the lower right border, wonder why the far left example shows more damage to the upper left corner, but the look like the same card.

cdn_collector
05-11-2018, 05:26 AM
Would be nice if they were all different, because it'd mean 2 more Baseball Bats cards of Gibson becoming known, but I think they are the same.

The top left corners -- perhaps owning partly to the different angles of the photos -- are just different enough between the first and third image to create a shred of uncertainty for me, though.

Cheers,

Richard.

MartyFromCANADA
05-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the insight fellas!

spec
05-11-2018, 11:34 AM
I'm not so sure. The upper left corner on the left card doesn't seem to match the other two. Ditto the frame line on the bottom of the right card. The marks Darren points out could have been on the printing plate.

My Gibson, which is trimmed to the photo edges, has neither of the marks Darren pointed out. Thus, it's a pretty safe bet all three images shown are the same card.

Jobu
05-11-2018, 12:26 PM
Another vote for the same - the edge wear and horizontal crease are the same in all three.

Good luck finding one!