PDA

View Full Version : Mantle Cigar and Cigarette Packs (or other tobacco related memorabilia)

Bestdj777
05-05-2018, 05:23 PM
Hi all,

I was fortunate enough to pick up two vintage Phillies Cigar packs with Mantle on it and was wondering if anyone else had any? Of course interested in buying but posting here because I'm also interested in seeing any that may be out there.

Also, anyone have any cigarette packs with him on it? Saw one in a PWCC or Probstein auction recently but didn't know enough about it to make a run on it.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from everyone and seeing what y'all have.

Chris

CobbSpikedMe
05-05-2018, 06:05 PM
Hi Chris. Since you said "other tobacco related memorabilia"...

I found this awesome cigar box in an antique mall near me years ago and offered it on the boards for what the guy was asking for it plus shipping. He was only asking like $20 or something. I caught flak for offering it so low as others would've paid me more and wanted it. I had to explain that I just wanted to help out another collector, I wasn't looking to "flip" it for profit but some didn't understand that. Still makes me laugh today.

Bestdj777
05-05-2018, 07:22 PM
That's awesome. Thanks for sharing. It seems like the post war tobaccos stuff is pretty unusual.

bswhiten
05-07-2018, 05:45 AM
Chris I had never seen the cigarette pack until you mentioned it. They are from the 60's? Curious how the seller dated the item.
The likeness of Mick on the cigar pack is pretty funny :) Congrats on the pickup.

Bestdj777
05-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Chris I had never seen the cigarette pack until you mentioned it. They are from the 60's? Curious how the seller dated the item.
The likeness of Mick on the cigar pack is pretty funny :) Congrats on the pickup.

Hi Ben, I didn't get the cigarettes, unfortunately, as I couldn't bring myself to bid that high without knowing for certain when it was produced. I do have to packs of Philly Cigars though and hope to eventually get a few more.