PDA

View Full Version : What are your opinions on these sigs of The Splinter and The Clipper

vogl13
05-02-2018, 12:06 PM
Here are some other autographs in my collection. These are of Joe DiMaggio and Ted Williams. The first Joe D was one of the first ones I ever bought, off a phone auction in the early 90's (anyone remember those). I have always thought it looked different, less elaborate. What are your opinions, perhaps an earlier auto or just a fake? The others were purchased mid 90's, the Williams/DiMaggio photo at the 96 National. I remember a guy there selling the frame and nameplates that would engrave them while you waited and so I tried to figure out the cheapest way to make the nameplate with the fewest letters to keep the cost down, good times. The Perez-Steele Celebration is from a collection that took me a couple of years. I have all but the 3 deceased, Conlon and Campanella. Let me know what you think of these. Thanks again for your expertise.

redalpha7
05-02-2018, 01:11 PM
I used to own a plaque like the one you have. I returned it to FBI many years ago and got my money back as part of the a court deal with Smokey's (Las Vegas) .

vogl13
05-02-2018, 01:29 PM
I used to own a plaque like the one you have. I returned it to FBI many years ago and got my money back as part of the a court deal with Smokey's (Las Vegas) .

Does that mean you think the autos are fake? I bought the picture at a different booth from the guy that made the plaque.

joed25
05-02-2018, 03:44 PM
All are authentic except for the DiMaggio postcard.

vogl13
05-02-2018, 03:56 PM
All are authentic except for the DiMaggio postcard.

Thanks Joed, like I said I have always wondered about that one.

thetruthisoutthere
05-02-2018, 04:35 PM
Thanks Joed, like I said I have always wondered about that one.

His sister penned that one.

Kco
05-04-2018, 08:43 AM
Agreed all teds are good and I like the Joe Ds minus the postcard