PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Part II-2018-Let's Have some Fun

ezez420
04-26-2018, 08:44 PM
Let's start a nice thread with concrete examples. This will be tons of fun!!! I do not like when people misrepresent items to fraud people. Let's just say the VG 1952 Topps Jackie Robinson with Water Stains, Roller Mark Creases and residue on a card is STILL described as Excellent.

The first picture is the Before and the 2nd is After. Here we go from years ago. I will go first....and I have a few...

1) PWCC Photos Before-Greb: PSA 5.5; Attell: PSA 6; Lesnevich: PSA 6; Apostoli PSA 6
2) Honorable friend after!

If you do not understand grading or the condition of a card then maybe you should learn more before starting an auction house! Let's just say you have no f'n clue what you are doing!

ezez420
04-26-2018, 08:55 PM
Let's move to current times.

Runscott
04-27-2018, 04:45 PM
This brings up an interesting question: if the person who cracked out the cards had NOT added his own "appears NM-Mint" description and had added very large, clear scans of back and front, would you have a problem with his not mentioning the fact that the cards were acquired by him in slabs?

Exhibitman
04-27-2018, 05:44 PM
FWIW, the 1948 Leaf boxing cards are particularly susceptible to manipulation because of the stock variation. A seller jacking up the settings can turn a gray back into a white back. Since I only collect the white backs, I've bought and had to return more than a few of those.

mr2686
04-27-2018, 06:16 PM
I don't think Abe Attell would mind a little manipulation of his card to get over on the suckers. LOL

ezez420
04-27-2018, 07:56 PM
So for those cards, they were cracked out, photoshopped or brightened with high resolution with the statement they are in NM-MT or so condition. When received marks hidden by picture showed up.

QUOTE=Runscott;1771185]This brings up an interesting question: if the person who cracked out the cards had NOT added his own "appears NM-Mint" description and had added very large, clear scans of back and front, would you have a problem with his not mentioning the fact that the cards were acquired by him in slabs?[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fballguy
04-28-2018, 09:35 AM
I need a translator.

Runscott
04-28-2018, 02:16 PM
Okay, thanks. I'm operating off of a smart phone this week so missed the scan manipulation.

JollyElm
04-28-2018, 04:31 PM
I need a translator.

Amen.

Peter_Spaeth
04-30-2018, 11:01 AM
For those wishing a translation, these are cards purchased in slabs from PWCC, then cracked out, photoshopped and sold in higher condition, by Battlefield.

ezez420
05-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Ok now this is in right section. Now let’s see some before and after Battlefield posts!

QUOTE=Peter_Spaeth;1771872]For those wishing a translation, these are cards purchased in slabs from PWCC, then cracked out, photoshopped and sold in higher condition, by Battlefield.[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardsnstuff
05-03-2018, 04:41 PM
For those wishing a translation, these are cards purchased in slabs from PWCC, then cracked out, photoshopped and sold in higher condition, by Battlefield.

It blows my mind that they still sell as many items as they do; and from what I see their prices don't really seem soft, but I don't follow their auctions.

Peter_Spaeth
05-03-2018, 05:03 PM
It blows my mind that they still sell as many items as they do; and from what I see their prices don't really seem soft, but I don't follow their auctions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P._T._Barnum