PDA

View Full Version : Cincy Moeller High School Show

BosseFieldBoy
04-25-2018, 06:54 PM
Is anyone attending the show at Moeller High School in Cincinnati this weekend? It's an hour and a half drive for me and I feel like this one's been dropping off over the last 5 years. Are any Net54 members selling or attending the show?

Thanks,
Mike

RedsFan1941
04-25-2018, 07:13 PM
i drove 3-plus hours to the moeller show at thanksgiving, which i think traditionally has been the better of the two. major disappointment for me, and i'm a reds collector. much smaller than i expected. lack of quality vintage. easy decision for me not to go agaiin.

Td8237
04-25-2018, 07:15 PM
I always go to the spring and fall show. I go to get autographs and meet the players. I think with the size of the show it limits the pool of athletes they can bring in.

ronniehatesjazz
04-26-2018, 04:41 PM
I went to the spring one last year. Was okay but not as good as I expected. There were probably ~100 booths or so and I would say a quarter of them had some pretty decent pre-war stuff. May go on Saturday but only because I live close by. Don't know if I would travel more than an hour for it though. Don't really collect autos but the prices for the guests are pretty pricey. I like Joe Morgan but don't think I'd pay $75 for him to sign a baseball card when I can pick one up on ebay for a third of that.

autograf
04-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Went Thanksgiving show and bought some nice nonsports cards but the show was a disappointment overall. Thought I might be going on Saturday but I'm gonna pass this time. I used to do that show from about 1988/9 through 1995 and it ROCKED. They packed quality dealers in there wall to wall with very little space behind the tables. It's definitely dropped off but so has every show out there.......