PDA

View Full Version : Board idea

Snapolit1
04-23-2018, 07:23 AM
Would be cool if there was a directory of players collected by particular board members. In that case if you have an item you are trying to unload you could go to a directory and see who collects that player specifically. Would help out guys in particular who collect lesser known people.

h2oya311
04-23-2018, 08:22 AM
Great idea, but I would open it up to not just players, but also sets, teams, and other (like HOF rookies (me), Negro Leagues (e.g. Phil Garry), or “anything” - like the Brian Van Horn collection)

Brian Van Horn
04-23-2018, 08:41 AM
Great idea, but I would open it up to not just players, but also sets, teams, and other (like HOF rookies (me), Negro Leagues (e.g. Phil Garry), or “anything” - like the Brian Van Horn collection)

Awe, shucks. :o

Thank you, Derek.

Golfcollector
04-23-2018, 08:45 AM
Brian, for players this is a great idea. (selfishly as a Sam Crawford Collector)

I think the current BST boards hit the set collectors pretty much already...but that is just my $.02

jerrys
04-23-2018, 10:33 AM
In the early days collectors would set up meetings at each other’s homes and meet at various area shows or restaurants. Perhaps a directory could be created also that would include a geographic index of State or area 'clubs' for board members to register and compose policy and suggest plans for an informal get together and the like - an interchange would develop.

T_Hamilton
04-23-2018, 11:29 AM
In the early days collectors would set up meetings at each other’s homes and meet at various area shows or restaurants. Perhaps a directory could be created also that would include a geographic index of State or area 'clubs' for board members to register and compose policy and suggest plans for an informal get together and the like - an interchange would develop.

This would be awesome... been dying to meet some folks to Geek out over vintage sports cards... I am the only one if my friend group who collects.

Rhotchkiss
04-23-2018, 03:26 PM
This would be awesome... been dying to meet some folks to Geek out over vintage sports cards... I am the only one if my friend group who collects.

A bunch of us are getting together at my office in Maryland this Saturday. I think Joshua is organizing one in LA. Point - it’s happening, join the bandwagon.