PDA

View Full Version : Off/On Topic: Ultraviolet Light Textbook

drcy
04-21-2018, 09:51 AM
I call this post on/off (or off/on) topic, because many here who use UV in their collecting and that usage is covered in the book.

I have a peer-reviewed introduction to ultraviolet light textbook just published by a British online science textbook publisher. As an academic publisher financially supported by advertising and membership (membership is for special access, and you don't have to be a member), they offer their textbooks books for free, so you can download the book for free.

The book is an introduction to everything about ultraviolet light, from the elemental physics to its practical and advanced uses in everything from collecting to medicine to astrophysics to engineering. It was peer-reviewed by an American engineering professor and an Oxford University biomedical researcher, so I can officially say it's official and soundly say that it's sound. And, as a short primer, it's readable by everyone (and I think interesting to everyone too). It's linked below:

Ultraviolet light book (https://bookboon.com/en/ultraviolet-light-and-its-uses-ebook)

steve B
04-22-2018, 08:32 PM
Downloaded for later reading as it's getting a bit late tonight. Looking forward to it, as I've read a couple others you've done.

And, folks the download was really really easy. No reason not to.

samosa4u
04-23-2018, 04:25 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I have just downloaded it and will read it over the summer months.

I bought one from eBay for about $3 and it's absolutely garbage. You have to hold it so close to the object and it still doesn't pick up things that well. Now my Rayovac 9 LED UV/BLACKLIGHT is really powerful and I just love it. By reading your book, I am hoping to learn some new things that I can do with it.

And of course, I will ask you questions (if I have any).