PDA

View Full Version : Battlefields, War Eagle, Candiman Et Al

Yoda
04-20-2018, 03:31 PM
Perhaps someone can more informed can advise what is the state of play with the sons redeeming the sins of the father. Have they put up another auction, and if any winners of raw cards in the last one submitted their jewels to a TPG, what were the results? This saga is getting close to "All the Days of Our Lives."

Peter_Spaeth
04-20-2018, 04:28 PM
Oy.

buymycards
04-20-2018, 05:19 PM
Their auction is running now. http://candimanauctions.com/catalog.aspx

They don't have any items on eBay at the moment, at least not on this account.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sipeemend1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I am suprised that no one has commented on them for a while.

Rick

frankbmd
04-20-2018, 05:27 PM
I checked yesterday. Their auction has roughly 750 lots, of which 675 have no bids. Lots of good deals remain. Items not shipped from Houston or Little Rock will be shipped from Dothan, I think. If you are being shut out at REA, take a look.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of candiman auctions, nor am I a paid spokesperson. I have been to Dothan (once in 1961 I believe), but have not slept in a Holiday Inn there.

mintacular
04-20-2018, 05:52 PM
Wouldn't it be sins of the mother in their case :confused:

ALR-bishop
04-20-2018, 06:30 PM
It is obvious now that Frank is a shill for Candiman

Jenx34
04-20-2018, 10:03 PM
I got banned for speaking my mind. There are two long threads on here. The general consensus is the are merely an extension of Battlefield. They always have an excuse for the questions they want to answer and avoid those they don't. Proceed with caution...

joshuanip
04-20-2018, 10:32 PM
Check the top and right edges on this Ted Williams. As wavy as a lava lamp. No mention of it being altered but anyone can see it’s poorly trimmed.

The auction layout was weird. Not chronological or featured. Starts with a bunch of mid 70s graded cards in nice condition. Is that suppose to earn credibility? But then goes back to pre-war and older, which can only be the battlefield cards.

http://candimanauctions.com/mobile/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=2448

This place needs to be shut down.

Wite3
04-21-2018, 11:00 AM
Just wait, the cards don't have bids yet...candiman has just not had time to place them yet, but they will be there... they will make sure of it...

Beastmode
04-21-2018, 11:37 PM
Just wait, the cards don't have bids yet...candiman has just not had time to place them yet, but they will be there... they will make sure of it...

:D

bobbyw8469
04-23-2018, 06:20 AM
I was the "underbidder" on the Hank Aaron authentic in the last auction. One week later, the exact same card was auctioned by Candiman on Ebay. That told me all I needed to know about Candiman auctions.

ezez420
04-24-2018, 11:59 AM
Ok all. Here were my results from grading on main cards. I will never buy a raw card from Candiman again as they are clearly overstating every card.

1952 Jackie Robinson NM- had wrinkles. Water stain and looks like residue. They did refund so no issues and Daniel did show good communication and customer service

1952 Howe-stated to be Near mint. This card came back VG/Ex

1953 Howe- stated VG/Ex- this card came back Good+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbyw8469
04-24-2018, 12:03 PM
Ok all. Here were my results from grading on main cards. I will never buy a raw card from Candiman again as they are clearly overstating every card.

1952 Jackie Robinson NM- had wrinkles. Water stain and looks like residue. They did refund so no issues and Daniel did show good communication and customer service

These results are not surprising. You know what they say about leopards and spots.

Peter_Spaeth
04-24-2018, 12:30 PM

As reported by Daniel, you had a very positive experience. Perhaps not.

EDIT He did not say "very," my bad. Full quote below.

Batpig
04-24-2018, 01:35 PM

Yikes. Those aren't even close.

Aquarian Sports Cards
04-24-2018, 02:35 PM
Since I am in the auction business I try not to speak ill of others in the business. Here are the facts of my transaction:

I received my invoice but it included credit card processing. I emailed upon receipt and asked for an invoice that reflected a payment by check. I received that fairly quickly and mailed out a check immediately.

2 or 3 weeks went by and I got an email asking when I would be sending payment. I explained that I had mailed payment weeks earlier. I was told they would check and get back to me. That is the last I've heard. The check has never posted, but I obviously don't have the cards that I won either.

ezez420
04-24-2018, 02:40 PM
Like I said I got a refund on Jackie but last I checked, this issues do not make a NM card. I think this card would grade a 3. I would not be as annoyed if the other two cards graded close to where they were advertised but clearly it is the same crap.

QUOTE=Batpig;1770295]Yikes. Those aren't even close.[/QUOTE]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180424/7f5c190f3cb6a3149273b17120acc6e5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180424/24f647e2d4a00835f49c742cdbd90bf2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180424/bad001b00a9b0b0646a7283d653d9e91.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bobbyw8469
04-24-2018, 02:50 PM
Yea...that's bad. They are taking advantage of collectors on multiple levels. All in the name of a dollar. And using religion as a shade to boot. tsk Tsk.

ullmandds
04-24-2018, 02:53 PM
you can lead a horse to water...but you can't make him/her drink!:p

Peter_Spaeth
04-24-2018, 03:29 PM
"1 card returned by Ed and I'm sure he will let you guys know that he had a positive experience with us and plans to bid in our future auctions."

cardsnstuff
04-24-2018, 03:38 PM
Those corners on the Robinson don't even look NM; but I have been considering lasik, so what can I see.

Batpig
04-24-2018, 03:53 PM
I don't want to imply the Jackie was photoshopped, but it was totally photoshopped. Compare the auction listing to the pics Ed posted. Here's the original listing for comparison.

http://candimanauctions.com/mobile/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=29

Clearly the same card with some digital lipstick.

Peter_Spaeth
04-24-2018, 03:58 PM
I wonder where Jackie will resurface.

ezez420
04-24-2018, 04:28 PM
I do not want to bash on here and leave that to others. That is not why I collect. I state the facts and try to inform people when I can. But I will say I took these pictures with my phone/ipad with normal lighting and showed many imperfections that would have led me not to bid and realized this was a VG to maybe VG/Ex card. A couple of people saw these pics from me but I wanted to wait to see if it was just one card or multiple cards. I got my answer this week.

Yes grading is subjective and people are not experts but we all know what wrinkles, creases, stains, residue, roller marks are, corner nicks are. These should be pointed out.

Battlefields business model of cracking stuff out and brightening the lighting to hide imperfections did not work and led to their demise.

I am bidding on some of the items in Candiman’s auction but no longer can give benefit on raw cards. There are positives of customer service from Daniel and the packing of product. So if he learns from his past mistakes I am sure he will have good auctions.
But seriously get rid of the raw cards.

Batpig
04-24-2018, 04:50 PM
I do not want to bash on here and leave that to others. That is not why I collect. I state the facts and try to inform people when I can. But I will say I took these pictures with my phone/ipad with normal lighting and showed many imperfections that would have led me not to bid and realized this was a VG to maybe VG/Ex card. A couple of people saw these pics from me but I wanted to wait to see if it was just one card or multiple cards. I got my answer this week.

Yes grading is subjective and people are not experts but we all know what wrinkles, creases, stains, residue, roller marks are, corner nicks are. These should be pointed out.

Battlefields business model of cracking stuff out and brightening the lighting to hide imperfections did not work and led to their demise.

I am bidding on some of the items in Candiman’s auction but no longer can give benefit on raw cards. There are positives of customer service from Daniel and the packing of product. So if he learns from his past mistakes I am sure he will have good auctions.

Ed, I don't understand why you would want to give business to a person who obviously photoshopped the card you purchased. That along with the pile of other evidence should be more than enough to make it clear they aren't worthy of anyone's business.

Peter_Spaeth
04-24-2018, 05:04 PM
:eek:

bobbyw8469
04-24-2018, 05:52 PM
Ed, I don't understand why you would want to give business to a person who obviously photoshopped the card you purchased. That along with the pile of other evidence should be more than enough to make it clear they aren't worthy of anyone's business.

The shill bidding is what ticked me off.....you CAN NOT tell me they had that many dead beat bidders in their first auction. The Aaron rookie showed up one week later on Ebay. They didn't even give the winner bidder enough time to pay. That is because there was no winning bidder. I was bidding against the house.

Peter_Spaeth
04-24-2018, 05:56 PM
Based on Ed's experience they probably did you a favor.

irv
04-24-2018, 06:21 PM

Surprisingly, they chose not to comment? :rolleyes:

As they say, "The apple doesn't fall far from the Tree"

joshuanip
04-24-2018, 06:28 PM

Also, why would you want to bid on something where underbidders are reporting the cards they didnt win went immediately to ebay. This impacts graded as well.

Peter_Spaeth
04-24-2018, 06:41 PM

They are busy men.

irv
04-24-2018, 06:57 PM
They are busy men.

No doubt they are! Just thinking of all the extra work it likely takes to photoshop, then write up all their lying, deceitful listings, makes me wonder how they do it. :rolleyes:

Dewey
04-24-2018, 07:50 PM
No doubt they are! Just thinking of all the extra work it likely takes to photoshop, then write up all their lying, deceitful listings, makes me wonder how they do it. :rolleyes:

Then find the time to handle refunds and returns from people, who knowing the facts, still bid with them. Unbelievable.

slidekellyslide
04-24-2018, 08:37 PM

Wait, what?

Stuff trumps all.

PiratesWS1979
04-24-2018, 10:17 PM

I think RockledgeSportsCards put an end to them commenting. Whoops, who would of thought a well respected seller like RockLedge would be reading this forum...and actually called them out.

Peter_Spaeth
04-25-2018, 07:08 AM

If it fell at all.

bobbyw8469
04-25-2018, 07:32 AM
If it fell at all.

LOL....touche!

Batpig
04-25-2018, 09:42 AM
If it fell at all.

Pretty sure it's been Daniel (or whoever it is) all along. Candiman is just the way they're dumping inventory after getting booted off of eBay, and the "give us a chance" routine was to keep as many people bidding as possible. Pretty sure it doesn't matter though as apparently they can screw some people and they'll still come back for more.

bnorth
04-25-2018, 12:07 PM
Pretty sure it's been Daniel (or whoever it is) all along. Candiman is just the way they're dumping inventory after getting booted off of eBay, and the "give us a chance" routine was to keep as many people bidding as possible. Pretty sure it doesn't matter though as apparently they can screw some people and they'll still come back for more.

I agree with most of this. I do not think they are dumping inventory. I would bet most of this is new stuff they bought for this auction. I know some of the graded Mantles are recent eBay purchases.

buymycards
04-25-2018, 12:12 PM
They now have 2561 items in their current auction. Approximately 900 of them have bids.

bobbyw8469
04-25-2018, 12:30 PM
They now have 2561 items in their current auction. Approximately 900 of them have bids.

I can promise you I am not bidding.

markf31
04-25-2018, 12:38 PM
Market research is the basis for any successful company, or criminal enterprise.

http://www.net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=313589&stc=1&d=1524611013

cardsnstuff
04-25-2018, 12:53 PM
I would bet most of this is new stuff they bought for this auction. I know some of the graded Mantles are recent eBay purchases.

How do you know this; can you post the ebay listings. Than we can seeing their buying id's too.

slidekellyslide
04-25-2018, 01:37 PM

Are they adding lots as the auction goes along??

Peter_Spaeth
04-25-2018, 02:07 PM

I'll take that pledge. :rolleyes:

buymycards
04-25-2018, 02:42 PM
Are they adding lots as the auction goes along??

Yes

frankbmd
04-25-2018, 05:07 PM
Yes

Lots of lots. ;)

Jenx34
04-25-2018, 05:13 PM

Me too, then again, I am banned from bidding! Not sure if it is what I said in here or the Google Review I left for them. I consider it an honor.

Jenx34
04-25-2018, 05:23 PM
How do you know this; can you post the ebay listings. Than we can seeing their buying id's too.

Here is a '56 Topps Mantle PSA 8. - They paid $8k for it. Bought with the Lexus1584 ID. Current bid $5711.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1956-Topps-135-Mickey-Mantle-Gray-Back-PSA-8-NM-MT-CENTERED-/273106085990?rmvSB=true&item=273106085990&ViewItem=&nma=true&si=VWe2dvER3llgxNr%252FKRhyQjpdlzk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

frankbmd
04-25-2018, 05:25 PM

I take the pledge as well.

Jenx34
04-25-2018, 05:39 PM
'56 Mantle PSA 7 - Paid $2,050 - Same lexus1584 ID
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1956-topps-Mickey-Mantle-psa-7-card-beautiful-/112862850460?rmvSB=true&item=112862850460&ViewItem=&nma=true&si=VWe2dvER3llgxNr%252FKRhyQjpdlzk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Peter_Spaeth
04-25-2018, 05:44 PM
Shows as relisted.

bobbyw8469
04-25-2018, 06:05 PM
Shows as relisted.

Yea...very odd....the winning bidder never paid....they jacked it up to a super high price with no bites....now it's in Candiman's auction.

Peter_Spaeth
04-25-2018, 06:32 PM
Yea...very odd....the winning bidder never paid....they jacked it up to a super high price with no bites....now it's in Candiman's auction.

But Candi was the winning bidder.

hcv123
04-26-2018, 05:56 AM
But Candi was the winning bidder.

With many people using VCP and the new psa auction tool - if eBay auctions close with artificially inflated prices it could make it look like the price for any particular card is skewing up and "encourage" a current bidder to consider bidding more than they otherwise would.

ullmandds
04-26-2018, 06:15 AM
With many people using VCP and the new psa auction tool - if eBay auctions close with artificially inflated prices it could make it look like the price for any particular card is skewing up and "encourage" a current bidder to consider bidding more than they otherwise would.

Nothing new here...this is exactly what happened when the manipulators drove up the prices of high grade rookies 1-2 years ago.

bobbyw8469
04-26-2018, 06:38 AM
Nothing new here...this is exactly what happened when the manipulators drove up the prices of high grade rookies 1-2 years ago.

....which some cards still haven't come down from....some have....but Clemente stayed up there.

ullmandds
04-26-2018, 06:54 AM
....which some cards still haven't come down from....some have....but Clemente stayed up there.

not as sky high...but yes...the manipulators succeeded!

bnorth
04-26-2018, 07:57 AM
not as sky high...but yes...the manipulators succeeded!

They usually do because of the large amount of collectors who only care about the stuff. It is happening all the time, a few sellers rely on it.

This last manipulation on high end cards was huge though. Usually it is just a specific card or a specific feature like centering or sharp corners.

Peter_Spaeth
04-27-2018, 12:54 PM
NM
return
EX
and from here?

http://candimanauctions.com/Jackie_Robinson_1952_Topps__312___Hi_____Brooklyn_-LOT3659.aspx

bobbyw8469
04-27-2018, 01:01 PM
NM
return
EX
and from here?

http://candimanauctions.com/Jackie_Robinson_1952_Topps__312___Hi_____Brooklyn_-LOT3659.aspx

The scan I saw from the buyer looked like it was a VG card.

Peter_Spaeth
04-27-2018, 01:02 PM
The scan I saw from the buyer looked like it was a VG card.

Third auction.

cardcountry
04-28-2018, 03:26 AM
My experience:

I tend to try to see the good in people, and try to give the benefit of the doubt, so given the situation that Daniel presented in the other thread, I decided to give him a chance. I did not want to be reckless or foolish, so I planned to bid on 1 card at a price point of a couple hundred dollars as a "test". My assumption was that it would probably grade a point or so lower than the stated grade, and that I would probably lose a little but not much of my investment. The card I won was listed as NMMT.
Here is the sequence of events that I experienced:

3/11: received my invoice
3/16: check marked received on the website
3/28: Still no tracking # sent and no card received. I emailed Daniel, and he replied that he would have tracking the next day
3/29: Tracking # received
4/08: received the card (I had been out of town, so I'm not sure what day it actually arrived)

Upon opening the package, I immediately noticed 2 major flaws in the card- wax staining on the front, and a large bend that was both visible and palpable. These issues were not minor. They didn't require a loop, good lighting, or a magnifying glass, and are the kind of flaws that should have been readily obvious to the person assigning the grade. Instead of NMMT, this card would be probably a 3 or 3.5(st)

4/08- I emailed Daniel with my concern, and asked for how he would like to proceed
4/09- I received an email from Daniel asking me to send pictures, as he didn't recall such flaws in the card
4/09- I sent pictures

4/16- Still no reply from Daniel, so I emailed him again stating that I sent the pics but never heard back

4/28- I still haven't heard back. At this point, I've just counted this as a total loss and am moving on. I just wanted to share this experience, and hope that others have better experiences than I did. Despite the negative outcome, I don't regret giving him the chance-- I don't regret trying to see the good. However, because of this experience I will not be bidding in anymore of their auctions.

Jeff

bobbyw8469
04-28-2018, 04:30 AM
Thank you for sharing Jeff. Your experience is typical of the various stunts I have seen that these hooligans pull (not counting in-house shill bidding which was MY personal experience with these guys). Unfortunately, in this hobby we all know and love, the different between a NM/MT and a VG card is OBSCENELY HUGE. These scoundrels prey on that monetary difference, and prey on people's greed. In my opinion, there is no place for these guys in the hobby, but apparently they are here to stay in one form or another. The best we can do is educate one another and not deal with them.

Batpig
04-28-2018, 05:39 AM
My experience:

I tend to try to see the good in people, and try to give the benefit of the doubt, so given the situation that Daniel presented in the other thread, I decided to give him a chance. I did not want to be reckless or foolish, so I planned to bid on 1 card at a price point of a couple hundred dollars as a "test". My assumption was that it would probably grade a point or so lower than the stated grade, and that I would probably lose a little but not much of my investment. The card I won was listed as NMMT.
Here is the sequence of events that I experienced:

3/11: received my invoice
3/16: check marked received on the website
3/28: Still no tracking # sent and no card received. I emailed Daniel, and he replied that he would have tracking the next day
3/29: Tracking # received
4/08: received the card (I had been out of town, so I'm not sure what day it actually arrived)

Upon opening the package, I immediately noticed 2 major flaws in the card- wax staining on the front, and a large bend that was both visible and palpable. These issues were not minor. They didn't require a loop, good lighting, or a magnifying glass, and are the kind of flaws that should have been readily obvious to the person assigning the grade. Instead of NMMT, this card would be probably a 3 or 3.5(st)

4/08- I emailed Daniel with my concern, and asked for how he would like to proceed
4/09- I received an email from Daniel asking me to send pictures, as he didn't recall such flaws in the card
4/09- I sent pictures

4/16- Still no reply from Daniel, so I emailed him again stating that I sent the pics but never heard back

4/28- I still haven't heard back. At this point, I've just counted this as a total loss and am moving on. I just wanted to share this experience, and hope that others have better experiences than I did. Despite the negative outcome, I don't regret giving him the chance-- I don't regret trying to see the good. However, because of this experience I will not be bidding in anymore of their auctions.

Jeff

Thanks for the update, Jeff. Would you say the listing pic was photoshopped as well?

Peter_Spaeth
04-28-2018, 08:01 AM
If the brothers ever show up here again, and I think it's increasingly unlikely, they've got some explaining to do.

I suspect there are others with stories similar to Ed's and Jeff's and that these are not aberrations.

mantlefan
04-28-2018, 08:06 PM
Can't say that Peter wasn't spot on from the beginning.

Peter_Spaeth
04-28-2018, 10:34 PM
Frank, appreciate the kind words but quite a few folks raised concerns from the outset, not just me.

frankbmd
04-28-2018, 11:23 PM
Frank, appreciate the kind words but quite a few folks raised concerns from the outset, not just me.

Thanks for being frank with Frank, Frank.

Yoda
04-29-2018, 12:04 PM
What gets me is the sanctimonious come on to Net54 members that they wished to make amends for the larcenous deeds of their felonious parents and, guess what, they going to do it by running auctions of baseball cards in a clean orderly fashion. Right, of course.
I am sure there is long tradition of "second chance" in America, just ask Bill Clinton, so I confess I listened and thought; give them a chance, see what happens in their auction and its' aftermath, never actually intending to bid.
I wonder now at last if the Battle clan will finally fold their tent and ride off to the Badlands.

frankbmd
04-29-2018, 02:14 PM
What gets me is the sanctimonious come on to Net54 members that they wished to make amends for the larcenous deeds of their felonious parents and, guess what, they going to do it by running auctions of baseball cards in a clean orderly fashion. Right, of course.
I am sure there is long tradition of "second chance" in America, just ask Bill Clinton, so I confess I listened and thought; give them a chance, see what happens in their auction and its' aftermath, never actually intending to bid.
I wonder now at last if the Battle clan will finally fold their tent and ride off to the Badlands.

Mentioned before, but the Candimen could be their own parents.:eek:

With all the holes in their various back stories, how is one to know the size of their army on the cardboard battlefield. Candiman et al could be a solo operation or a family reunion or simply the gang that couldn’t shoot straight from Dothan (or Little Rock, or Houston, or Montgomery).

Peter_Spaeth
04-29-2018, 05:08 PM

To me that was a red flag right off the bat -- I mean whatever you thought of your parents, would you really trash them on a public forum? It seemed so calculated and cynical.

npa589
04-29-2018, 05:50 PM
Mentioned before, but the Candimen could be their own parents.:eek:

This. I honestly never believed it was anyone different than themselves. They were probably just smart enough to know that it will look like it was their parents, because they were in high school when they started. I've seen or read nothing to dissuade me of that belief. It was as simple as them not being able to use PayPal because of their many shenanigans, and having to find a new space to sell their inventory.

mantlefan
04-29-2018, 10:01 PM
Thanks for being frank with Frank, Frank.

Frank, I'm always frank, being Frank that is. So Frank, thanks. Frank.

Candi-fields-batlle-man, frankly, have never been frank with us like Frank and Frank have. Frankly, Frank, we should do our best to show them that they have no place in this Hobby. And I say that very frankly, Frank. Best, Frank.

Peter_Spaeth
04-30-2018, 09:40 AM
You guys should stick to medicine and leave humor to the rest of us.:)

TheNightmanCometh
04-30-2018, 10:22 AM
To me that was a red flag right off the bat -- I mean whatever you thought of your parents, would you really trash them on a public forum? It seemed so calculated and cynical.

Based on their history, and what we've just witnessed in their first auction, I am not surprised they'd trash their parents on a public forum. They seem like textbook sociopaths, who would throw their own grandmother under the bus if it helped them make a buck.

frankbmd
04-30-2018, 12:45 PM

Out of order and overruled.:D

Batpig
04-30-2018, 02:49 PM
I'm not even sure the brothers are both involved. I could be wrong, but I suspect this may all be Daniel. I wouldn't be surprised if his parents have no idea about any of this.

mantlefan
04-30-2018, 07:48 PM

Peter, the way things are going right now in medicine, we need a good laugh.

rlorenz
05-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Apparently they have yet another ebay user name.... siayuotlluf_2

I am waiting the 2 cards i got...nothing big two 59 commens they appear to be in good condition...but i figured i would add yet another user name to their thread. Candiman was the shipped from bama... etc..etc

Peter_Spaeth
05-11-2018, 12:45 PM
Anaheim this time instead of Little Rock is listed as the location of the cards. Another "friend" perhaps.

rlorenz
05-11-2018, 12:50 PM
To provide some clarity.

I do not have an issue....with them...I had a bad experience with Battlefield but it was just one experience...did not cost me a crap ton..... but I just like to keep this forum updated...

Yes do have tracking and payment Info...it all points to being Candiman... it shows the label was created in Cali....shipped from Bama the same locations...I don't want to provide the tracking number..but it was shipped quickly. That is not to say this is a bad thing.. And they don't take payment...the UserID was Created in Feb. If there is anything else i can provide I would be happy to help.... I can provide the return address when i get it on monday.

May 10, 2018, 7:18 pm
Accepted at USPS Regional Facility
MONTGOMERY AL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

May 10, 2018, 3:46 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
ANAHEIM, CA 92802

Peter_Spaeth
05-11-2018, 12:51 PM
To provide some clarity.

I do not have an issue....with them...I had a bad experience with Battlefield but it was just one experience...did not cost me a crap ton..... but I just like to keep this forum updated...

Yes do have tracking and payment Info...it all points to being Candiman... it shows the label was created in Cali....shipped from Bama the same locations...I don't want to provide the tracking number..but it was shipped quickly. That is not to say this is a bad thing.. And they don't take payment...the UserID was Created in Feb. If there is anything else i can provide I would be happy to help.... I can provide the return address when i get it on monday.

ANAHEIM, CA 92802

Thank you for posting that. Hysterical. Uh, Daniel, care to explain? Every time you cut one of these guys' heads off they grow two more it seems.

Batpig
05-11-2018, 01:13 PM
To provide some clarity.

ANAHEIM, CA 92802

Where are you located (roughly)? Daniel is guilty of far worse, but I've suspected for awhile that they get lower shipping rates by using ship from zip codes closer to the location. Actually, maybe I shouldn't say he's guilty of worse, since it's possible this is considered mail fraud. Maybe the lawyers can chime in on that.

Peter_Spaeth
05-11-2018, 01:27 PM
Where are you located (roughly)? Daniel is guilty of far worse, but I've suspected for awhile that they get lower shipping rates by using ship from zip codes closer to the location. Actually, maybe I shouldn't say he's guilty of worse, since it's possible this is considered mail fraud. Maybe the lawyers can chime in on that.

I think they just use a different location than Alabama to try to suggest they are not Battlefield. The cards are identified as located in Anaheim; that happens before they know where the buyer will be.

rlorenz
05-11-2018, 01:39 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-Topps-Tom-Brewer-55-Boston-Red-Sox-NM/323241383914?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I actually got 2 cards from them...I am out 6 bucks..including shipping. so not the end of the world...and they shipped within a day....But when i did go to pay...it was through ebay payment service... not payment. and it was only them that I notice I the name Candiman. And I have it on my receipt as well.

I would provide it now but i am at work...and that stuff as home. This really could be a nothing...but i try to avoid their auctions at all costs.