PDA

View Full Version : Anybody buy from Pristine Auctions?

Onlineracing
04-19-2018, 06:52 PM
Hi All, new here and exploring the site, came across the auction page and have looked at some of the sites. Has anyone bought from Pristine Auctions? Just the shear volume of the auctions would suggest some decent deals. Anyone have good or bad experiences with them?

Thanks
Brian

commishbob
04-19-2018, 07:47 PM
It's been a few years but I picked up some boxing-related items (posters, tickets, programs) from them and everything went smoothly.

I don't have a lot of AH experience to compare it to but the packaging and delivery of my items was fine and the added buyers fees didn't seem to be out of line with others.

Onlineracing
04-19-2018, 07:56 PM
Thanks Bob.

drcy
04-20-2018, 01:37 AM
Never bought from them, but from what I know I think they're legitimate.

Rich Klein
04-20-2018, 03:22 AM
Legit -- Not an issue

One of my friends buys a ton of stuff from them and sends me links all the time to discuss what to buy

It helps he lives in NJ and can save shipping

Rich

gnaz01
04-20-2018, 05:20 AM
Google them, you’ll find both good and poor....

braves_43
04-20-2018, 06:32 AM
Won many auctions from them over the years and never had an issue. Everything always went smooth. Actually, one time I won a raw 1955 Topps Hank Aaron from them, received it and submitted it to SGC for grading, and it came back trimmed. I contacted Pristine Auction and they wound up accepting the card back and refunded me for the price of the card plus my SGC grading fee.

Jay Wolt
04-20-2018, 06:58 AM
Legit -- Not an issue

One of my friends buys a ton of stuff from them and sends me links all the time to discuss what to buy

It helps he lives in NJ and can save shipping

Rich
Aren't they out of Arizona?

drcy
04-20-2018, 12:48 PM
You may be thinking of the defunct Premier Auctions, which was out of Arizona

Aquarian Sports Cards
04-20-2018, 12:53 PM
You may be thinking of the defunct Premier Auctions, which was out of Arizona

No he is correct Pristine is out of Arizona. I have had lots of returns with them and have ceased buying from them. Easy returns is great. The need for constant returns, not so much.

Jenx34
04-21-2018, 09:52 AM
No he is correct Pristine is out of Arizona. I have had lots of returns with them and have ceased buying from them. Easy returns is great. The need for constant returns, not so much.

What were some of the reasons for so many returns if you don't mind sharing?

Aquarian Sports Cards
04-21-2018, 09:57 AM
'unopened' packs that were clearly opened. Being ridiculously off on grades (cards with tape being called VG) 'Sets' not being complete...

bensie
05-18-2018, 09:52 AM
Hi All, new here and exploring the site, came across the auction page and have looked at some of the sites. Has anyone bought from Pristine Auctions? Just the shear volume of the auctions would suggest some decent deals. Anyone have good or bad experiences with them?

Thanks
Brian
I like pristine and have bought through them with no issue whatsoever, but good luck on finding deals. I don't know who bids on their auctions, but a lot of prices are what can only be described as "bananas". I was outbid on an Aaron judge card last night. It's a $20 that eventually went for over $70. This is not a rare occurrence either. Couple nights back, same thing on a chipper Jones card. $10 card went for $50. I can't figure out who is buying these prices.

BeanTown
05-18-2018, 10:00 AM
Proceed with caution. Ive won a couple of ungraded cards, which were clearly over advertised for their grade. This might be a dumping place for misfit cards that look good but wont grade good. I will say their customer service is good and fair. They accepted my return and tried making good with an instore credit for future business.

greenmonster66
05-18-2018, 10:11 AM
Bought from them a few times last year and never had an issue.

npa589
05-18-2018, 10:19 AM
I've never bought from them, and have never had an issue. :cool:

btcarfagno
05-18-2018, 10:36 AM
I mostly buy from them when I am looking for a signed/framed piece for a gift. They have always come through and have a very good, large selection of recent stuff that fits that bill. I do think that they have very high hidden reserves on vintage stuff though. I have bid on items in the past and was outbid, then saw the same piece a few weeks later for auction again.

h2oya311
05-18-2018, 10:38 AM
. I do think that they have very high hidden reserves on vintage stuff though. I have bid on items in the past and was outbid, then saw the same piece a few weeks later for auction again.

This.

gnaz01
05-18-2018, 11:02 AM
I mostly buy from them when I am looking for a signed/framed piece for a gift. They have always come through and have a very good, large selection of recent stuff that fits that bill. I do think that they have very high hidden reserves on vintage stuff though. I have bid on items in the past and was outbid, then saw the same piece a few weeks later for auction again.

I just don’t get how they have THE SAME pieces month after month (i.e. a signed album page of Ruth, Cobb, and Speaker) its ALWAYS the same one pictured......

btcarfagno
05-18-2018, 11:20 AM
I just don’t get how they have THE SAME pieces month after month (i.e. a signed album page of Ruth, Cobb, and Speaker) its ALWAYS the same one pictured......

I am guessing it never actually sells. Least objectionable option would be a high hidden reserve. Other less pleasant possibilities as well. I stopped looking at their auctions because vintage stuff just goes too high and often reappears soon on the same site. Too frustrating. Plus they don't have too much vintage that I would be interested in. Like I said though, for me they have been great for last minute gift ideas for friends, clients etc.

gnaz01
05-20-2018, 06:14 PM
Don’t mean to out an auction, but does anyone think/believe this to be authentic?

https://www.pristineauction.com/a1548458-1909-11-T206-294-Sherry-Magie-Portrait-ERR-Magee

Aquarian Sports Cards
05-20-2018, 06:38 PM
Not. Even. Close.