PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Gypsy Queen

ullmandds
04-14-2018, 01:24 PM
I just had to go to Walmart and while there I perused the current cardboard offerings. I grabbed the last box of Gypsy Queen cards which contains 7 packs of 6 cards and a 7th pack containing "exclusive parallel cards!" 47 cards per box for about $21.50...super value!!!!!

So do any of you guys collect/buy these?

Rookiemonster
04-14-2018, 01:45 PM
I always say I’m not buying any more packs ! Then Gypsy Queen , heritage or Archives suckers me in.

ullmandds
04-14-2018, 01:55 PM
haha...i usually break down and buy a handful of packs while waiting to check out at target or walmart...I always regret it!!!!!

I could have had a 100+ yr old card...but instead I have a dustin fowler autographed card, and 2 aaron judges...one the "rare" no team designation!

Rookiemonster
04-14-2018, 02:04 PM
haha...i usually break down and buy a handful of packs while waiting to check out at target or walmart...I always regret it!!!!!

I could have had a 100+ yr old card...but instead I have a dustin fowler autographed card, and 2 aaron judges...one the "rare" no team designation!

Yup, every time I regret it I wish I got a auto or a judge card. I get pure unadulterated crap. I usually give the cards to my son.

ullmandds
04-14-2018, 04:53 PM
Ya usually i get jack!!! Apparently the autograph and one of the judge error variations are kind of rare by modern standards. I am sure I can’t make my money back if I were to sell every single one !

Rookiemonster
04-14-2018, 08:02 PM
Yup I bought a box of football and a baseball box a few years ago. Football was a total dud and the baseball A&G didn’t have the hits at all. Topps sent me a few no name relics to say sorry. I quit the box and pack vying game that day.

steve B
04-14-2018, 08:39 PM
I've bought a couple boxes at Target, they're a little cheaper at 19.99
But this years set is very disappointing. No minis except some of the inserts, none of the paper framed cards, which used to be the exclusive inserts.
The Target exclusives look like badly faded cards....

GQ was one set that seemed to always have some cool stuff even of it wasn't "rare". Now, hardly anything cool, just some really lazy inserts and variations.