PDA

View Full Version : Does anything look suspicious about this PSA graded ‘56 Clemente

luciobar1980
03-31-2018, 07:57 AM
I’m not sure why something about the label or case struck me as odd, and I can’t put my finger on it. I could be crazy though:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282891951947?ul_noapp=true

Bestdj777
03-31-2018, 08:41 AM
The scan is really terrible, so maybe that's it? The color of everything looks off. The card looks okay to me though.

pawpawdiv9
03-31-2018, 10:06 AM
Looks bad to me.
Appears to be frosting on the whole left side.
The bottom left looks tampered with, see scratch/crack
As for the card....looks not to be graded a 4...the corners look to roughed-up.

TUM301
03-31-2018, 10:27 AM
Looks bad to me.

I`m with Chris on this one for all the above reasons, i`d look elsewhere.

jb67
03-31-2018, 04:59 PM
Not the best scan but with the return policy I think you should be fine. If you like it i would go for it and you could always return it if not satisfied.

Bestdj777
03-31-2018, 06:48 PM
Looks bad to me.

May be the case, the card doesn't scream fake to me, and it seems like an awful lot of work/risk to swap a PSA 4 card out for what I'm assuming you think should be a 2. I just don't see a huge incentive to make the risk worthwhile...

Empty77
03-31-2018, 10:36 PM
I agree it is so not worth the effort for anyone to spend their time trying to scam that, but those top corners are wickedly ugly. I just glanced through half dozen other fours on the web and the difference is night/day for just sometimes $20 more. My guess is you would regret that card. Cards at that grade level are not scarce. In this situation patience is your friend (and I know b/c I've fought that advice enough myself to have more regrets than I would prefer)

JollyElm
04-01-2018, 01:53 AM
Whether there's tomfoolery involved or the card was graded earlier on when PSA was (possibly?) less stringent with their grading parameters, I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who believes that if it was graded today, the Clemente would still receive a 4. Like Empty said, I would be patient until a better one comes along.

irv
04-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Whether there's tomfoolery involved or the card was graded earlier on when PSA was (possibly?) less stringent with their grading parameters, I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who believes that if it was graded today, the Clemente would still receive a 4. Like Empty said, I would be patient until a better one comes along.

I agree.

This is my newer graded 56, and imo, it looks much nicer than the 4 shown.