PDA

View Full Version : Old man question...

53Browns
03-28-2018, 09:14 PM
Hey all, I just turned 50 two days ago which qualifies me to join AARP :eek:. So I guess my first old man question is, what the heck is Tapatalk and is it worth getting? I usually just pull up Net54 on my phone's Google browser.

Told you it was an old man question....

frankbmd
03-28-2018, 09:19 PM
I’m older and I have no idea.

Beansballcardblog
03-29-2018, 12:35 AM
I’m 39 and have no idea.

brianp-beme
03-29-2018, 12:44 AM
Old man answer...you tap a something and it talks.

Brian

pclpads
03-29-2018, 02:02 AM
Why is this even posted here? :( Try google.

esd10
03-29-2018, 03:36 AM
Im 36 and i have no idea

Republicaninmass
03-29-2018, 04:31 AM
For n54, it's easier to post photos. I'm 42, and it's an app for chat rooms.

Big Six
03-29-2018, 04:52 AM
I use it and enjoy it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snapolit1
03-29-2018, 05:36 AM
Just one more annoying unnecessary thing.
- Old Man Answer

Buythatcard
03-29-2018, 05:49 AM
According to Wikipedia:

Tapatalk is an application to allow access to Internet forums on mobile devices,[1] developed by Tapatalk, Inc.

Tapatalk is primarily designed to provide improved forum access for mobile platforms over access provided by the forum software itself. The application was originally designed for Android[citation needed] but now also supports iOS and Windows Phone. Tapatalk allows the user to have a unified interface to access multiple forums at the same time.

Forum software systems supported by Tapatalk are: phpBB3, vBulletin, xenForo, IPBoard, Simple Machines Forum, MyBB, bbPress, Kunena, Vanilla, ASP Playground, and Drupal. In addition, 'Conversr' (the integrated forum of Composr CMS) allows for Tapatalk support[2] via the installation of an official addon.

In 2016 Tapatalk acquired Yuku, and in July 2017 migrated the contents of that service to their own bulletin board platform. In July 2017, Tapatalk also acquired Zetaboards and zIFBoards (formerly Invisionfree), the forum services operated by Zathyus Networks.

bauce
03-29-2018, 07:22 AM
Hey all, I just turned 50 two days ago which qualifies me to join AARP :eek:. So I guess my first old man question is, what the heck is Tapatalk and is it worth getting? I usually just pull up Net54 on my phone's Google browser.

I will be joining you tomorrow. I had Tapatalk, but no one else I know uses it.

Leon
03-29-2018, 07:27 AM
It is easier for me to navigate the forum without it. I like icons and the way it's organized and Tapatalk takes that away. I am not a phone guy though...

darwinbulldog
03-29-2018, 07:36 AM
And I am not an electricity guy.

frankbmd
03-29-2018, 07:51 AM

I’m older and I have no idea.

I’m 39 and have no idea.

Im 36 and i have no idea

For n54, it's easier to post photos. I'm 42, and it's an app for chat rooms.

I will be joining you tomorrow. I had Tapatalk, but no one else I know uses it.

According to Frankipedia, Tapatalk is an application used by forums worldwide to determine the ages of their members.:eek: The business model relies on resale of this information to Facebook and Google to facilitate targeted advertising. Tapatalk, the application, is of course free.

Leon
03-29-2018, 08:14 AM
According to Frankipedia, Tapatalk is an application used by forums worldwide to determine the ages of their members.:eek: The business model relies on resale of this information to Facebook and Google to facilitate targeted advertising. Tapatalk, the application, is of course free.

LOL...I agree. It is probably invasive though I am not sure. Tapatalk takes the design away. And I don't like lots of other, extra crap on websites but the design of this one, with icons, helps me. Tapatalk is fine for anyone that likes it that way.
I go to many sites and they are a disaster. Crap going on everywhere. We have tapatalk because I know a lot of people like mobile apps, myself (the one percenter) not included.
Also, no member here has to worry about any FB leaks from this board...same with Twitter. I have a personal FB account (very rarely go there) and when I do go there my head starts spinning and I come back here to get away from it. :)

ps- Leon=Old Man (56 yrs old and feeling every day of it)

steve B
03-29-2018, 09:14 AM
Odd, I don't use the icons, I use the links. I actually had to scroll back up because I'm thinking "Icons? where?"

Fballguy
03-29-2018, 09:22 AM
Why is this even posted here? :( Try google.

And there is your old man answer to your old man question.

And while you're at it...Get off of his lawn.

53Browns
03-29-2018, 09:33 AM
Lol, okay guys, thanks for the answers. Sounds like something this new old man can live without.

Bcwcardz
03-31-2018, 08:22 AM
Hey I’m 45 and love the Tapatalk app. I can instantly start reading and browsing forums on my phone and device. It also has the other forums like blowout and freedom too, so I can jump on those as well. It just makes it easier for me. I’m usually just a reader and don’t post much but when I do it’s a breeze.

Bruce

frankbmd
03-31-2018, 08:38 AM
Hey I’m 45 and love the Tapatalk app. I can instantly start reading and browsing forums on my phone and device. It also has the other forums like blowout and freedom too, so I can jump on those as well. It just makes it easier for me. I’m usually just a reader and don’t post much but when I do it’s a breeze.

Bruce

On any phone smaller than a mailbox, I cannot post anything with ease regardless of which way the wind is blowing.:D

Leon
03-31-2018, 09:27 AM

Bruce

That is the problem on this forum, everyone is too young!!

Peter_Spaeth
03-31-2018, 12:00 PM
According to Wikipedia:

Tapatalk is an application to allow access to Internet forums on mobile devices,[1] developed by Tapatalk, Inc.

Tapatalk is primarily designed to provide improved forum access for mobile platforms over access provided by the forum software itself. The application was originally designed for Android[citation needed] but now also supports iOS and Windows Phone. Tapatalk allows the user to have a unified interface to access multiple forums at the same time.

Forum software systems supported by Tapatalk are: phpBB3, vBulletin, xenForo, IPBoard, Simple Machines Forum, MyBB, bbPress, Kunena, Vanilla, ASP Playground, and Drupal. In addition, 'Conversr' (the integrated forum of Composr CMS) allows for Tapatalk support[2] via the installation of an official addon.

In 2016 Tapatalk acquired Yuku, and in July 2017 migrated the contents of that service to their own bulletin board platform. In July 2017, Tapatalk also acquired Zetaboards and zIFBoards (formerly Invisionfree), the forum services operated by Zathyus Networks.

Is that supposed to explain it or make it more confusing?:D Can a millennial translate this?

Leon
03-31-2018, 12:36 PM
Is that supposed to explain it or make it more confusing?:D Can a millennial translate this?

It takes out most pictures and you see mostly text. (I think)

Jenx34
03-31-2018, 03:11 PM

Old Man, I am going WAY off course here, but it's important. If you just turned 50, run to your doctor's office and get the new Shingles vaccine!

I turned 50 on the 14th and within a week this lovely virus showed up. Shingles is NOT fun. Last weekend I could barely walk. (Mine harbored in my lower back, left hip and thigh). Got the AARP letters, but didn't make it to the doc fast enough for the vaccine. It is not something you want to deal with if you can avoid it.

And back to topic, I'm pretty tech savvy and had no idea what Tapatalk was before this thread. THANK YOU for not googling it!

frohme
03-31-2018, 06:29 PM
I had it and used it for a while - it made sense until they upgraded it (some time early 2017?) and killed pretty much everything I liked about it - it made how I liked reading the forums mostly impossible ... or not possible for this old guy to figure out.

I turned 55 last week (or so I'm told).

--
Mike

bensie
03-31-2018, 08:39 PM
I’m 39 and have no idea.
LMAO. I'm also 39, but I actually installed the app, played with it for a few minutes, and still don't know what it is. Not worth getting, imo. Just more fancy nonsense to get in the way.

bbcard1
03-31-2018, 08:42 PM
57. Have used it for several years, primarily for Net 54 and Herdfans.

orly57
03-31-2018, 09:18 PM
It is easier for me to navigate the forum without it. I like icons and the way it's organized and Tapatalk takes that away. I am not a phone guy though...

I just got the app when I read this thread. After 10 minutes on it, it's safe to say I will never open it again.