PDA

View Full Version : Another PSA Question?

NaplesGeezer
03-24-2018, 07:56 AM
I just received a 2013 Finest Jose Fernandez Orange Refractor, Autographed Jumbo Relic Card. The card is still sealed in the Hard Top Loader From Topps!

I know PSA says they want the cards sent in a Mylar Sleeve and then in a Card Saver. But I don’t want to risk taking this card out of the Factory Sealed Top Loader and transferring it. Will they still accept this, the way the card is packaged?

I sent email to PSA about this but I haven’t heard back yet. I was just courious if anyone has sent a card in for grading this way?

steve B
03-24-2018, 02:33 PM
Personally I'd prefer this just the way it is. But then I prefer pretty much everything "as issued", and consider a card issued in a holder that is out of the holder as "altered"

mybestbretts
03-24-2018, 05:32 PM
Good question. I don't know that I would want to have it graded, at least not now

swarmee
03-25-2018, 10:11 AM
Yes, wide cards like jerseys can be sent in toploaders.

NaplesGeezer
03-27-2018, 12:19 PM
I just received a 2013 Finest Jose Fernandez Orange Refractor, Autographed Jumbo Relic Card. The card is still sealed in the Hard Top Loader From Topps!

I know PSA says they want the cards sent in a Mylar Sleeve and then in a Card Saver. But I don’t want to risk taking this card out of the Factory Sealed Top Loader and transferring it. Will they still accept this, the way the card is packaged?

I sent email to PSA about this but I haven’t heard back yet. I was just courious if anyone has sent a card in for grading this way?

I received this reply today from PSA on this question.

Hi Bill,

PSA will except your Topps factory sealed card, but the Topps seal must be removed/seal broken for the card to come out to be authenticated/graded. PSA needs you to do this before submitting your item.

If you send in your item without the Topps factory seal broken/removed, this will cause a delay in processing until PSA gets your authorization to remove the seal in writing via email.

Please note, currently PSA is already experiencing an unprecedented delay in entering card submissions, so any other delays that can be prevented is strongly recommended.

Have a nice day,

Exhibitman
03-28-2018, 10:45 AM
I received this reply today from PSA on this question.

Hi Bill,

PSA will except your Topps factory sealed card, but the Topps seal must be removed/seal broken for the card to come out to be authenticated/graded. PSA needs you to do this before submitting your item.

If you send in your item without the Topps factory seal broken/removed, this will cause a delay in processing until PSA gets your authorization to remove the seal in writing via email.

Please note, currently PSA is already experiencing an unprecedented delay in entering card submissions, so any other delays that can be prevented is strongly recommended.

Have a nice day,

"Except" for what?

nolemmings
03-28-2018, 11:44 AM
"Except" for what?

It's a typo. They meant to say "expect" :)

mckinneyj
03-28-2018, 12:43 PM
It's a typo. They meant to say "expect" :)

Or perhaps "accept".

Hxcmilkshake
04-08-2018, 11:17 AM
Oye. Why grade a sealed card from the factory???? Rhetorical question. Go chase that 10 i guess....Madness.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

homerunderby
04-15-2018, 06:25 PM
Oye. Why grade a sealed card from the factory???? Rhetorical question. Go chase that 10 i guess....Madness.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I don't get grading modern cards either but to each their own...

sthoemke
04-16-2018, 12:35 AM
If PSA removes the seal theirselves, will they give it an "uncirculated" enhancement on the grade?

WillBBC
04-25-2018, 07:10 AM
I don't get grading modern cards either but to each their own...

At this point I grade modern to avoid returns on eBay. You can describe a cart perfectly. 'NM-MT with xyz issues' and you'll get an email a week later, 'I WANT A RETURN, THIS ISN'T GEM QUALITY!'

Then if you reject it PayPal/eBay takes the buyer's side and you're hosed anyway.

It's ridiculous.

Also, the premium for PSA 10 modern stuff is quite nice!