PDA

View Full Version : HELP! with 1930s Lou Gehrig Baseball Magazine Supplement from ebay

doug.goodman
03-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Hi everybody -

My incredibly long work hours on Friday and Saturday caused me to miss the end of this auction last night, when I fell asleep in the early evening.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1930s-Lou-Gehrig-Baseball-Magazine-Supplement-by-Charles-Conlon-/112854373480?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Kb1q8AxOcALpqhNCHFOgehBq39k%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

If anybody here was the winner of this item, or knows who was, I would like to buy it, with a profit, and I have many BBM supplements in similar condition which I would be willing to involve in the deal. Maybe a Ruth, or Cobb, or... name the price.

I want this particular Gehrig due to the font used for the text. I'm pretty sure that I am the only person in the world who pays any attention to the font variations in this set, so I'm hoping that the new owner will take pity on me and indulge my strange collecting fetish.

Thank you in advance!
Doug

Leon
03-21-2018, 07:47 AM
That sucks, Doug. Good luck on finding it. It's a small world and a lot of collectors read this board so maybe if a member didn't win it they will know who did and can help.

batsballsbases
03-21-2018, 03:54 PM
Hello Doug I dont know who bought it but maybe I can help a little. That was bought from evans archive which is run by Andrea Evans Young who is Josh Evans Sister. I do have and email for her and maybe if she is willing can give you the name of the person who won it. Might be worth a shot! Al

doug.goodman
03-21-2018, 04:44 PM
Hello Doug I dont know who bought it but maybe I can help a little. That was bought from evans archive which is run by Andrea Evans Young who is Josh Evans Sister. I do have and email for her and maybe if she is willing can give you the name of the person who won it. Might be worth a shot! Al

I sent an email to them as soon as the auction ended. I have won things from them in the past, so I had their email info. They replied quickly, and are reaching out to the winner for me.

Thanx everybody,
Doug

ooo-ribay
03-21-2018, 06:56 PM
I sent an email to them as soon as the auction ended. I have won things from them in the past, so I had their email info. They replied quickly, and are reaching out to the winner for me.

Thanx everybody,
Doug

Nice of them to do that. Remember the good old days of eBay when you could email anyone? Winners, losers, you name it!

batsballsbases
03-21-2018, 09:17 PM

Thanx everybody,
Doug

Hope it works out for you....

doug.goodman
03-21-2018, 09:26 PM
Nice of them to do that. Remember the good old days of eBay when you could email anyone? Winners, losers, you name it!

If it was still possible to do that, the majority of shill bidding would stop, or at least me easier to spot.

Oh, but that would cost ebay money, so it will never happen.

Doug