PDA

View Full Version : 1976 Wax Box Break? Is there interest?

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
03-16-2018, 11:26 AM
Hey guys. I have been toying with the idea of buying a 1976 Topps Baseball Unopened Wax Box. This is the "big box", 15 cent version containing 36 wax packs, each pack with 10 cards. The box has been authenticated and wrapped in Baseball Card Exchange shrink wrap.

I wanted to do a live break where 36 packs were claimed by participants at a cost per pack.

Price: $6,295.00 plus shipping for the box.

Plus shipping to you from me once the break is over, plus something for my time and hosting the whole thing obviously.

Figure $6350 for the box. Plus $priority shipping to each contestant of $7.50 per x 36 = $270 = $6620 and I will charge a 5% premium for holding the break and doing all the work. ($331).

In total you are looking at $195 per pack roughly.

You could buy these graded individually, PSA 6 for around $160 or ungraded (possibly tampered with) for $100. but we aren't obviously looking for 6's.

The hopes here is your pack contains the famous Eckersley RC which sells for $727 in a 9 or $8000+ in a 10.

Even 10's of Munson sell for $500+ Schmidt Brett too!

I would handle the live break and you could watch live as I do it.

I would randomize pack numbers for contestants using Random.org which is a verified randomizer used by major companies.

Please let me know your thoughts.

KendallCat
03-18-2018, 06:47 PM
I would be interested in a few packs if this happened.

KC

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
03-19-2018, 07:45 PM
I would be interested in a few packs if this happened.

KC

fantastic. that is great. PM ME if you would like.

I can begin putting a list of participants together

swarmee
03-19-2018, 08:06 PM
They do these on the PSA message board. You might have better luck asking there.

vintagetoppsguy
03-19-2018, 08:06 PM
I might be interested too. Are you just busting the box or the packs too? I would want to leave my pack(s) sealed.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
03-19-2018, 08:24 PM
They do these on the PSA message board. You might have better luck asking there.

Thanks I will sign up and see.

I might be interested too. Are you just busting the box or the packs too? I would want to leave my pack(s) sealed.

Well the point of the "break" is to rip the packs, but if you wanted to keep yours sealed, that is fine too.

Just let me know if you would want to get in. I want to get a confirmed 36 packs before ordering.