PDA

View Full Version : T206 Card Lot - Probstein

NYYFan63
02-21-2018, 04:40 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on this T206 Lot Probstein has ending tonight?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362241589017?ul_noapp=true

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clydepepper
02-21-2018, 04:42 PM
probstein is DEAD to me!!

NYYFan63
02-21-2018, 04:44 PM
probstein is DEAD to me!!

I think I knew that.

HOF Auto Rookies
02-21-2018, 04:45 PM
Not a T206 expert by any means, but seems over priced in my opinion.

swarmee
02-21-2018, 05:05 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on this T206 Lot Probstein has ending tonight?

Are you the consignor? Why post an open auction?

NYYFan63
02-21-2018, 05:12 PM
Are you the consignor? Why post an open auction?

No I am not. I was looking to possibly bid. I wanted the expert advice of the members here.

swarmee
02-21-2018, 06:18 PM
Asking an open-ended question to the board (with an active eBay link) is most likely to make the price of the entire listing go up; so if you could have gotten it for $150, your additional advertising probably would raise it to $180. Next time, I recommend sending a private message to someone else who collects the set to ask for advice privately.

More useful advice for this specific lot:
I would take note of which card backs go with which card fronts. You may be able to make your money back on a set registry guy with a single card if you notice a tough back that there's only 1-2 on the PSA pop report since they started doing all the different back/factory number variations in the Pop Report and on the flips.
So even Sweet Caporal backs can have value if nobody has submitted them back to PSA for cataloging. Are they really rare? Doesn't really matter because you can resell it and pay for the rest of the lot. If you're a set collector or don't care about the backs, then just bid based on quality of the fronts.

NYYFan63
02-21-2018, 06:33 PM
Asking an open-ended question to the board (with an active eBay link) is most likely to make the price of the entire listing go up; so if you could have gotten it for $150, your additional advertising probably would raise it to $180. Next time, I recommend sending a private message to someone else who collects the set to ask for advice privately.

More useful advice for this specific lot:

I would take note of which card backs go with which card fronts. You may be able to make your money back on a set registry guy with a single card if you notice a tough back that there's only 1-2 on the PSA pop report since they started doing all the different back/factory number variations in the Pop Report and on the flips.

So even Sweet Caporal backs can have value if nobody has submitted them back to PSA for cataloging. Are they really rare? Doesn't really matter because you can resell it and pay for the rest of the lot. If you're a set collector or don't care about the backs, then just bid based on quality of the fronts.

Thanks for the feedback. I will consider that next time.

bigfish
02-21-2018, 07:46 PM
Not a T206 expert by any means, but seems over priced in my opinion.

Agree. Some of the cards look short and could be trimmed. I would look for a other lot.

NYYFan63
02-21-2018, 08:16 PM
Thanks to everyone for the responses and those who sent me a PM.

Luke
02-21-2018, 11:29 PM
Nice looking lower grade cards. I don't see any trimming but they definitely sold for a strong price.

jasonc
02-22-2018, 02:40 AM
I've noticed any lots of T206 cards are going for strong prices now, seems like the last few years there has been a bit of a jump -- same with individual T206 cards.

Two lots of 100+ cards went for a huge price earlier this month during an auction.. even without the BP.

ullmandds
02-22-2018, 05:39 AM
I've noticed any lots of T206 cards are going for strong prices now, seems like the last few years there has been a bit of a jump -- same with individual T206 cards.

Two lots of 100+ cards went for a huge price earlier this month during an auction.. even without the BP.

And you know people are putting together "lots" just to entice said treasure hunters. Kinda like the ebay sellers who crack out seemingly nrmt cards and sell them raw.

1952boyntoncollector
02-22-2018, 05:49 AM
And you know people are putting together "lots" just to entice said treasure hunters. Kinda like the ebay sellers who crack out seemingly nrmt cards and sell them raw.

agree, these 'lots' when on probstein or pwcc will not lead to treasures like you can get in those small auction houses , maybe im wrong but thats what i think...

Aquarian Sports Cards
02-22-2018, 09:16 AM
While I agree the odds of something slipping through the cracks with the larger ebay sellers is minimal, I thought this lot went very reasonably. $25/card and I certainly see more value than that. For resale I would've felt comfortable at $250 so $312 seems reasonable to me.

Pat R
02-22-2018, 10:01 AM
While I agree the odds of something slipping through the cracks with the larger ebay sellers is minimal, I thought this lot went very reasonably. $25/card and I certainly see more value than that. For resale I would've felt comfortable at $250 so $312 seems reasonable to me.

Occasionally a rare card does slip through the cracks with a big seller.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=174083&highlight=brown

brob28
02-22-2018, 10:53 AM

I agree Scott.

Leon
02-23-2018, 07:43 AM
I agree Scott.

I agree with his assessment too. Maybe a few bucks high but within the norm of what I am seeing. IF some are trimmed it won't be as good of a deal. And I agree with the observation of Jakes (I can't believe it :)) that you are less likely to find Probstein or PWCC missing hidden treasures. It could happen but not as likely as in say, a Hunts auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362241589017?ul_noapp=true&rmvSB=true

1952boyntoncollector
02-23-2018, 11:34 AM
And I agree with the observation of Jakes (I can't believe it :)) that you are less likely to find Probstein or PWCC missing hidden treasures. It could happen but not as likely as in say, a Hunts auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362241589017?ul_noapp=true&rmvSB=true

I'll save this for prosperity.

frankbmd
02-23-2018, 11:40 AM
I'll save this for prosperity.

Saving it for posterity would make more sense.;):D

1952boyntoncollector
02-24-2018, 05:54 AM
Saving it for posterity would make more sense.;):D

Yes..it would but would not of been an attempt of humor but saying it that way.....

Jantz
02-24-2018, 10:00 AM
I guess I'm the black sheep in this thread because....

1. I don't think $316.07 was a strong price at all for this lot of commons.

2. I don't see much buy value/resale value in this lot either.

3. 5 (possibly 6) of the 13 cards have back issues.

Without being able to throw some glass on these cards, the two best cards in this lot will grade a 4 at best, the rest will grade lower.

If the buyer is happy with the purchase, then that's all that matters.