PDA

View Full Version : O/T: Discount tickets for Veterans,Policeman,Firemen or current military

edtiques
02-20-2018, 08:25 PM
Hi ..... I found a website that offers discounts to vets,police,firemen and military for tickets to different sporting events,concerts,shows,movies,etc... It's a free site,it doesn't cost anything to join and any ticket you buy will be directly from the teams website.I believe most MLB teams have discounted tickets through them
I've used it a few times to buy tickets to Fenway Park for 1/2 price.Unfortunately,those 1/2 price tickets are limited to the Bleachers and Grandstands (I would have loved half price Monster seats). I've gotten 1st and 2nd row seats from them though.You pick your own seats from the teams site.My experiences have been nothing but positive with them.
There are a couple of teams selling discount tickets now,but I think the majority of them start selling next week.
Here's a link if you're interested :
https://www.govx.com/?utm_source=wspproved&utm_medium=emailauto&utm_campaign=emailauto_approved

ibuysportsephemera
02-20-2018, 08:39 PM
Thanks...as a Volunteer Firefighter I was able to register.

Jeff

ramram
02-21-2018, 08:54 AM
Good info. Well deserved for those who serve.

Rob M

Huysmans
02-21-2018, 10:31 AM
That's great to hear.
I'm glad there's some support for society's real heroes :)

Snapolit1
02-21-2018, 10:38 AM
That's great to hear.
I'm glad there's some support for society's real heroes :)

My dad is a both veteran and a 30 year retired NYPD member. Didn't raise me to see vets or cops as necessarily heroes, but people who chosen a certain calling and agreed to do it. I teach my kids to respect people who act in a way warranting respect, whether they are police officers, fire fighters, school teachers, or short order cooks. Way too much hero this and hero that in our society. Just my opinion.

Huysmans
02-21-2018, 11:07 AM
My dad is a both veteran and a 30 year retired NYPD member. Didn't raise me to see vets or cops as necessarily heroes, but people who chosen a certain calling and agreed to do it. I teach my kids to respect people who act in a way warranting respect, whether they are police officers, fire fighters, school teachers, or short order cooks. Way too much hero this and hero that in our society. Just my opinion.

I agree somewhat... but there is also too much endless bickering in today's spoiled and entitled society regarding the most trivial garbage, like even the use of the term "hero".... ironic, don't you think? Just my opinion.

Snapolit1
02-21-2018, 12:00 PM
I agree somewhat... but there is also too much endless bickering in today's spoiled and entitled society regarding the most trivial garbage, like even the use of the term "hero".... ironic, don't you think? Just my opinion.

I agree somewhat as well.

edtiques
02-21-2018, 04:51 PM
I emailed the website about if they were adding more teams for discounted tickets (Rays specifically),this is the reply I got :

Joslin Jos
Joslin Joseph (GovX)

Feb 21, 3:42 PM PST

Hi Ed

We are going to have a bunch of MLB teams, but unfortunately the Rays will not be one this year. We are hoping to add them at some point so we can give our members down there discounts to games.

Sorry,
Joslin

edtiques
03-31-2018, 12:49 PM
If anyone's interested,the link is now working and you're able to buy tickets to most MLB and MiLB parks.
I just bought tickets to a July 30th game @ Fenway Park (Grateful Dead Night) and I got 2nd row bleachers for $19.00 each rather than the $38.00 per piece they usually are. I saved $76.00 on the 4 tickets.