PDA

View Full Version : Card Shops in Columbus, OH?

Danny Smith
02-16-2018, 08:14 PM
In town for the weekend. Any good shops with vintage in Columbus, OH? Thank you!!!

Danny

rsn1661
02-17-2018, 04:04 AM
Hartman's Cards on Morse Rd just west of Easton Mall is nice. I try to stop in whenever l am in town

KMayUSA6060
02-17-2018, 07:05 AM
There's one in Westerville near Otterbein's campus.

P.S. RIP the two Westerville police officers.

ZiggerZagger
02-17-2018, 08:12 AM
Triple Play Cards in Westerville is the one you want. The owner Ron is a very solid guy. (and No association with Triple Play Vintage in northern Ohio, for those of you playing at home)

Nice, clean shop with a good variety of vintage BB/FB/BB/Hockey and ton of cool memorabilia. It's the shop in town that I actually enjoy going in to...

Fred
02-17-2018, 09:04 AM
Jason, any pre-war in the shop?

GRock
02-17-2018, 09:22 AM
Last time I visited Triple Play there were a few (very few, as in single digit) pre war cards and that was about a year ago. I purchased the only Old Judge there and nothing else really stood out as I remember. There were 1950's to Present and it is a nice shop as stated above.

You might give it a try, it's one of the only shops in town and they may have gotten an "attic find".

mechanicalman
02-17-2018, 09:36 AM
There may be a card show there today. SCD or Beckett would have the info.

ZiggerZagger
02-17-2018, 10:27 AM
Jason, any pre-war in the shop?

The Pre-War will be really sparse to non-existent at Triple Play. Sadly, I can't recall the last shop I was in that had this well represented. Reasonable selection of things from 1952 and upwards. I have pulled some very nice, even gradeable, 60's and 70's singles from the cases there on occasion. Someone building a midgrade or collector-grade set from the 50/60/70's would have some joy in the binders there as well.

Hartman's on Morse Rd has had a generous amount of '41 Double Play and some Exhibits sitting there the past year, for some reason. Lower-grade singles there spanning the 50/60/70's and mid-to-lower-grade commons in the 3000 ct boxes.

We do have an excellent card show bi-monthly at the Hilliard Fairgrounds, around 80-100 tables with some very solid dealers from Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan. Not this weekend however. It's put on by J.D. and Stacy Heckathorn out of Indiana, and used to be held at the Vet's Memorial for years and years. Some familiar faces for those of you who do the National.

Danny Smith
02-17-2018, 03:39 PM
Triple play is a great shop. No prewar but a good selection of 50s-70s. Fun store to look around and hang on a snowy day. The kids picked up a box of basketball for kicks and got a bunch of free cards from the shop. Highly recommended.

Thank you to all for the suggestions.

KMayUSA6060
02-17-2018, 05:25 PM
Triple Play is the one I was thinking of.

For some reason Neuhart Cards comes to mind in the northern Columbus area too.

Leon
02-22-2018, 11:27 AM
Just be careful of cards originating :) in Ohio. For some reason it seems like half the fakes and reprints (both being sold as real) which I see, come from OH. I think it is some sort of card phenomenon.

rainier2004
02-22-2018, 11:55 AM
Just be careful of cards originating :) in Ohio. For some reason it seems like half the fakes and reprints (both being sold as real) which I see, come from OH. I think it is some sort of card phenomenon.

Ohio...

When you live in MI there is a saying about that place:

Ohio, between you and everywhere you want to be.

esd10
02-22-2018, 12:54 PM
Ohio...

When you live in MI there is a saying about that place:

Ohio, between you and everywhere you want to be.

In ohio we have a saying about that that state up north we dont give a damn about the whole state of *ichigan

rainier2004
02-22-2018, 01:44 PM
In ohio we have a saying about that that state up north we dont give a damn about the whole state of *ichigan

Careful now...we both root against the same school my friend...