PDA

View Full Version : 1913 Fatima Premiums Questions

Bumpus Jones
02-14-2018, 09:44 PM
Looking for anyone that owns or has knowledge of these pieces. A couple questions: I know that it states on the back of regular sized cards that the larger premiums came mounted to cardboard from the factory, but has anyone seen one unmounted or one that has been removed from it's mount and why or how this would be accomplished? Also, did these come with a matte finish?

Thanks in advance

Baseball Rarities
02-14-2018, 09:52 PM
Looking for anyone that owns or has knowledge of these pieces. A couple questions: I know that it states on the back of regular sized cards that the larger premiums came mounted to cardboard from the factory, but has anyone seen one unmounted or one that has been removed from it's mount and why or how this would be accomplished? Also, did these come with a matte finish?

Thanks in advance

I have only seen them mounted on a cardboard mount. They should be glossy, just like a photo from that era.

oldjudge
02-14-2018, 11:16 PM
I have owned three in the past. The original cardboard border was quite wide. Many that you see today have been trimmed down. Also, as Kevin said, the photos are glossy.

Leon
02-15-2018, 07:00 AM
They are real photo and in person are quite neat and large!! I think it's just glued on to the back. And as said, many if not most, have their large borders trimmed. The black is the cardboard the picture is glued to. I believe I have seen a few unmounted ones too but fairly sure they were just cut down. As far as I know they all started out mounted.