PDA

View Full Version : Y'all Finally Got Me- T201 Double Folders

ibuysportsephemera
02-09-2018, 11:09 AM
I have been a member for almost 9 years and really enjoy the memorabilia portion of this great site (Hi Leon!). I have not really been involved with cards since the late 80's but have learned a lot about vintage cards because of the great posts by many of you members.

Earlier this week I won 2 T201's at Scott's Parsippany Auction for very good prices. I liked they way they looked, so I did some research and found that it is a smaller size set and is pretty affordable. Last night I won 3 more lots of T201's at Lee's Sterling Auctions.

Soooo...I guess I am now putting together a T201 set! I will be sticking to cards that are graded but as long as the cards look nice I don't need any higher grades (2 through 5 all look pretty nice).

This is my first early set and I am excited to see how it turns out!

Jeff

t206fix
02-09-2018, 11:16 AM
Great choice! Cliff is the resident t201 expert (marslife) on Net54. I put my set together a few years ago (and sold it soon after). Great set with HOFers but not crazy prices. Check the bst as well, I see a lot of them posted there as well.

ibuysportsephemera
02-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Great choice! Cliff is the resident t201 expert (marslife) on Net54. I put my set together a few years ago (and sold it soon after). Great set with HOFers but not crazy prices. Check the bst as well, I see a lot of them posted there as well.

Thanks Tony...I saw a few for sale on the BST and plan on contacting the seller later today.

Jeff

Leon
02-10-2018, 08:08 AM
I have been a member for almost 9 years and really enjoy the memorabilia portion of this great site (Hi Leon!). I have not really been involved with cards since the late 80's but have learned a lot about vintage cards because of the great posts by many of you members.

Earlier this week I won 2 T201's at Scott's Parsippany Auction for very good prices. I liked they way they looked, so I did some research and found that it is a smaller size set and is pretty affordable. Last night I won 3 more lots of T201's at Lee's Sterling Auctions.

Soooo...I guess I am now putting together a T201 set! I will be sticking to cards that are graded but as long as the cards look nice I don't need any higher grades (2 through 5 all look pretty nice).

This is my first early set and I am excited to see how it turns out!

Jeff

Good luck on the set. In hand they are really nice looking cards.

frankbmd
02-10-2018, 08:26 AM
What has 100 heads and 100 feet?

Fred
02-10-2018, 10:58 AM
100, 1 legged centipedes....?

freakhappy
02-10-2018, 01:04 PM
When I started collecting T206’s back in 2011 it didn’t take me long to figure out I would need to start collecting something else along the way to keep my sanity lol...so I ultimately decided on the T201 set. The set took me about two years or so to finish and I still love it. It’s the perfect vintage set to work on if you don’t want to spent a bunch of money and love vintage...not to mention the short checklist is great!

Good luck on your venture and if you need advice/buying tips on these feel free to pm me anytime. Remember...the fun is in the journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve D
02-10-2018, 06:56 PM

The T201 set, since both players on each card, share the same two feet.

Steve

ibuysportsephemera
02-10-2018, 07:36 PM

Funny..I get it!

Jeff

ibuysportsephemera
02-10-2018, 07:37 PM
When I started collecting T206’s back in 2011 it didn’t take me long to figure out I would need to start collecting something else along the way to keep my sanity lol...so I ultimately decided on the T201 set. The set took me about two years or so to finish and I still love it. It’s the perfect vintage set to work on if you don’t want to spent a bunch of money and love vintage...not to mention the short checklist is great!

Good luck on your venture and if you need advice/buying tips on these feel free to pm me anytime. Remember...the fun is in the journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks very much Mike..I will reach out to you if I need anything.

Jeff

ibuysportsephemera
02-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Good luck on the set. In hand they are really nice looking cards.

Thanks Leon.

Jeff