PDA

View Full Version : Any Upstate NY Card Shops worth visiting?

ZiggerZagger
01-28-2018, 09:36 AM
Heading out on a series of speaking engagements in Upstate New York later this coming week.
Will have a few hours down time and would love to pop into a worthwhile shop to work on upgrading some nice Post-War sets ('53 to '67 Topps).

Will be in or near Syracuse/Utica/Rochester/Buffalo, with time to kill in any of those locations potentially. Sadly will not be able to hit Cooperstown with the way the schedule runs :(

Any suggestions from folks who know??

UPDATE: Thanks much to Bruce C. below -- Bases Loaded in Buffalo was like stepping into a time machine, in a very good way. Old school card shop with 360-degree wood paneling, and tons of cards and memorabilia. Lots of vintage in a range of condition. Paul, the founder, was very helpful and fair, and reminded me of every wise old-time dealer I've ever met. Really enjoyed a good hour or so in there with a few pleasing pickups.

Republicaninmass
01-28-2018, 11:46 AM
I will also be In Ulster county, Kingston, if anyone know cards shops close to there either!

Volod
01-29-2018, 02:34 AM
Wow, card shops - I spent a lot of time in upstate NY in the 1980's during the heyday of card shops, but even then, I recall only a few that I managed to find - in the Syracuse and Auburn area. And, none of those lasted more than a few years or had much to recommend them. I guess it's possible, but I would be very surprised if there were a cardmine recently operating in the region.

ibuysportsephemera
01-29-2018, 06:02 AM
Jason and Ted....I do business in Syracuse and Kingston and I don't think that are any stores worth looking at. It is possible that there is a small store that I am not aware of, but I would be surprised. Good luck.

Jeff

Republicaninmass
01-29-2018, 07:01 AM
Thanks Jeff, just thought I'd check!

ibuysportsephemera
01-29-2018, 08:53 AM
Thanks Jeff, just thought I'd check!

What are you doing in Kingston? I own 2 apartment complexes in the Kingston area and live in Orange County.

Jeff

albrshbr
01-31-2018, 07:40 PM
In the Buffalo area you should try these guys. They have a decent selection and do set up at some of the larger shows (Chantilly, Strongsville, etc.)

Bases Loaded
794 French Road
Cheektowaga, NY
716-656-0066

Say Hi to Paul and Jeff