01-25-2018, 06:36 PM
What the hell did he do to himself?

vintagetoppsguy
01-25-2018, 07:15 PM
What the hell did he do to himself?

Same thing Michael Jackson did?

Snapolit1
01-26-2018, 05:18 AM
Apparently not unheard of in places like the D.R. where rich people pay big bucks to have their skin lightened. Don’t know if underground or official medical procedures in hospitals but have seen a few articles about it. Human nature. Wanting to somehow show you are better or more special than the guy living down the steeet. Very sad of course that people internalize this prejudicial stuff to this degree that they are willing to screw up their own body.

frankbmd
01-26-2018, 08:33 AM
I'll bid $12 for the hat on the right.;)

packs
01-26-2018, 08:37 AM
He probably has vitiligo. Michael Jackson had it as well. If you know what vitiligo is, then you know a person would probably prefer to even it out if they have the funds to do so. Not really something to make fun of it that's the case.

Snapolit1
01-26-2018, 08:41 AM
In Sammy Sosa’s native Dominican Republic, the desire and everyday struggle to be fair is the stuff of legends. Black and light, and the right shade of light, underlie much of the societal tensions amongst the peoples of Hispaniola, with Haitians in the West and dark skinned Dominicans regarded unequivocally as less-than. So it should not be surprising that the formerly black Sammy Sousa is now a lighter version of himself.

Skin whitening has a long history in the Dominican Republic, as author Junot Diaz reminds us in “The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao“, with his reference to former dictator Rafael Trujillo, “who bleached his skin, wore platform shoes, and had a fondness for Napoleon-era haberdashery.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/phillip-martin/skin-whitening-in-the-age_b_380323.html

vintagetoppsguy
01-26-2018, 09:11 AM
He probably has vitiligo. Michael Jackson had it as well. If you know what vitiligo is, then you know a person would probably prefer to even it out if they have the funds to do so. Not really something to make fun of it that's the case.

Let's be clear about the "even it out" part. There are whiteners that will even it out, BUT there are also darkeners that will even it out too.

No doubt that with all Michael Jackson's plastic surgeries, he wanted to look white.

Jim65
01-26-2018, 09:55 AM

I dont know if MJ had vitiligo or not. I know he claimed he did and he also claimed he never had any plastic surgery, that his appearance was all from just natural aging. The man was a pathological liar.

vintagetoppsguy
01-26-2018, 10:01 AM
I dont know if MJ had vitiligo or not. I know he claimed he did and he also claimed he never had any plastic surgery, that his appearance was all from just natural aging. The man was a pathological liar and child molester.

I corrected it for you :D

Jim65
01-26-2018, 10:50 AM
I corrected it for you :D

Thank you :)

pclpads
01-26-2018, 11:54 AM
I think you are all wrong. I'm betting he has a post BB job working at a Gold Medal factory and fell into a vat of flour. :D

nsaddict
01-26-2018, 02:55 PM
Here is another, I would have never recognized him now if he bumped into me! The ears match correct? lol

Peter_Spaeth
01-26-2018, 03:03 PM
Is he morphing into Jose Canseco?

ronniehatesjazz
01-26-2018, 03:57 PM
I have vitiligo but thankfully you can't really tell with my pasty british genes. It would be a nightmare for any person with tan skin or darker though. I think Sammy probably does have it and I would do the same thing he has if that's the case. Also probably helps from people recognizing him which would be very convenient for a celebrity.

Paul S
01-29-2018, 05:09 PM
Here is another, I would have never recognized him now if he bumped into me! The ears match correct? lol

Also, if it's not a camera flash, it seems he is wearing colored contact lenses too:cool:

bnorth
01-29-2018, 05:43 PM
I have vitiligo but thankfully you can't really tell with my pasty british genes. It would be a nightmare for any person with tan skin or darker though. I think Sammy probably does have it and I would do the same thing he has if that's the case. Also probably helps from people recognizing him which would be very convenient for a celebrity.

My uncle(dads brother) has vitiligo really bad. Being naturally tan it really sticks out on him. He has big white patches all over his body and is so bad he can't go outside without being totally covered. Even the CFL bulbs burn him inside the house if they don't have some kind of cover over them.