PDA

View Full Version : Boris Becker

Snapolit1
01-25-2018, 11:47 AM
How exactly does someone lose 14 championship trophies and not have the first clue where they are? Don't know much about this guy, but did he go off on an insane 25 year bender to end all benders?

clydepepper
01-25-2018, 05:41 PM
How exactly does someone lose 14 championship trophies and not have the first clue where they are? Don't know much about this guy, but did he go off on an insane 25 year bender to end all benders?

Here's a somewhat educated guess: Most of the trophies were cups...which, for Boris, became convenient beer steins...say no more.

bnorth
01-25-2018, 06:14 PM
I would guess he was always traveling and has probably moved several times. I could easily see them getting misplaced/lost.

Nowhere near the level of Mr Becker but I only know the location of a couple of my trophies/medals. I won Silver Gloves, USAABF, Junior Olympic, and other medals and a ton of trophies. They have slowly disappeared over the years.

1952boyntoncollector
01-25-2018, 09:02 PM
I would guess he was always traveling and has probably moved several times. I could easily see them getting misplaced/lost.

Nowhere near the level of Mr Becker but I only know the location of a couple of my trophies/medals. I won Silver Gloves, USAABF, Junior Olympic, and other medals and a ton of trophies. They have slowly disappeared over the years.

I hear ya, same with me. I not sure where i put my elementary field day 4th place ribbon for running the bases or all of my participation trophys

bnorth
01-26-2018, 02:33 PM
I hear ya, same with me. I not sure where i put my elementary field day 4th place ribbon for running the bases or all of my participation trophys

Jake you must be younger than I am. I earned all my medals/trophies from hard work and skill in the squared circle.

I do sympathize with you though for not having your participation trophies anymore. Just remember you are "special".:)

steve B
01-27-2018, 05:04 PM
Maybe the trophies just aren't that important to him?

Not all that similar, but one of m favorite tennis stories was that one of Nastases wifes credit cards got stolen and he didn't report it for something like 3-4 months. While whoever had it was spending 30-40K a month. When he was asked why he didn't report it he said they were spending less than his wife so he hadn't really noticed.

Snapolit1
01-28-2018, 07:53 AM
If I was filing for bankruptcy I’d be real interested in where they are. Could have sold them years ago if he didn’t want them. Sounds like he has had his head up how azz for some time.