PDA

View Full Version : How long currently for PSA to enter order into their system?

luciobar1980
01-24-2018, 06:49 PM
They received my card on 1/9 and still no order has shown up. Geez, I wish they would just do this as a first task, even if it's going to sit for a while.

NYYFan63
01-24-2018, 07:26 PM
I sent an order they received 11/24, entered into their system on 12/5 and I just got notice of my grades this evening. I will prob receive thjs Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swarmee
01-24-2018, 07:50 PM
Logging time at PSA suffered because they just moved buildings. According to a guy on blowout, he called and they said they are logging the submissions from Jan 8 today. My submission arrived on Jan 5, but they haven't logged it yet either.
However, the caller also said PSA has fully moved into the new building and should not use that as an excuse in the future. Hopefully this new building allows them to hire/seat more employees to log, grade, and slab and work their turnaround times back to their normal "estimated" timeframes. The past six months have been brutal, but nothing like BGS's "non-guaranteed" submissions that have been averaging 180 BUSINESS DAYS (aka 8 months) to get returned to submitters.

Slinger
01-24-2018, 08:12 PM
Last I was told was 10-15(ish) business days to accept and log orders in to the system. But they told me that February looks better. Maybe they are getting caught up?

WillBBC
01-25-2018, 02:30 PM
Too damn long. It's getting old.

jbsports33
01-25-2018, 02:35 PM
I sent one out about the same time, not in the system yet!

ncinin
01-25-2018, 02:43 PM
They received a shipment from me on 1/24. Two invoices were for more expensive cards with 1 and 2 day turnaround. Both of those invoices were logged on 1/25.

I had a cheaper level invoice in the same shipment that has not been logged yet and probably won't be before next week.

On cheaper levels they are back logged but they seem to be on top of the more expensive service orders.

shagrotn77
01-25-2018, 02:59 PM
Business, like everything else in life, is about setting expectations. And PSA does not do a good job of this. If my business were backlogged because of a major move, I would send out a mass email to my customers alerting them that there will be delays and apologizing for any inconvenience. My goodness, this is Business 101. Instead, they act it's business as usual and make you wait 45 minutes if you want to speak to someone in customer service. I just don't get it.

PiratesWS1979
01-25-2018, 03:52 PM
I recently had a pre-56 CC special and 5-day express shipped together and log the same day, 10 days after arrival. The special popped in only SIX DAYS while the express took TWELVE.

CrackaJackKid
01-25-2018, 04:15 PM
A month ago I sent in a pre war card for a Mech error. From the time they received my package at their facility, it took a month and a half to ship back. I guess the sense of urgency isn’t there at all when it’s a freebie.

ullmandds
01-25-2018, 04:20 PM
Sounds a little like net neutrality??

deeg23
01-26-2018, 06:01 AM
Business, like everything else in life, is about setting expectations. And PSA does not do a good job of this. If my business were backlogged because of a major move, I would send out a mass email to my customers alerting them that there will be delays and apologizing for any inconvenience. My goodness, this is Business 101. Instead, they act it's business as usual and make you wait 45 minutes if you want to speak to someone in customer service. I just don't get it.

There is an app called StockX where it is like the stock market, but for shoes. As a seller, you ship the shoes to them to authenticate and then they forward to the end customer. They were pretty backed up over the holidays and it was taking about 2 weeks for people to get their shoes (I think they quote just a few days). I think the CEO sent about 3 mass emails over the span of a month or so apologizing for the delays and that they were working around the clock to get orders shipped. AND THEN on top of that they ended ended up sending me a $20 coupon to use on a future purchase because I ordered a pair of shoes that came late. I didn’t even complain or anything. They just sent it to me. I was thoroughly impressed with their handling of that situation and sounds like PSA should take note!!

NYYFan63
01-26-2018, 06:38 AM
I sent a 25 card 30-day order of some post war cards around Thanksgiving. It was delivered to PSA on November 24th, processed into their system on 12/5 and I got notice Wednesday evening my grades were available to review. They shipped the cards out last night.

Kzoo
01-26-2018, 06:51 AM
I had two 'approximately 20 day turnaround' orders logged into their system on 12/5 and didn't get grades posted until around 35 business days later. Usually they're within a day of they're approximate turnaround times.

luciobar1980
01-26-2018, 04:54 PM
I was hoping for an update tonight (friday), but alas...

luciobar1980
01-30-2018, 10:19 PM
Geez, still nothin'.

bswhiten
02-03-2018, 05:54 AM
I got an email from Nicholas saying they are 3 weeks behind entering the orders...even with express orders.

calvindog
02-03-2018, 06:56 AM
I got an email from Nicholas saying they are 3 weeks behind entering the orders...even with express orders.

It's a bizarre mindset for a public company to receive a package on day 1 and not "enter" it into the system for a week -- and only then start counting the days for the type of order submitted. Very simple way to fix this mess: hire more people. Why won't they simply hire more people?

Peter_Spaeth
02-03-2018, 12:35 PM
PSA must not be facing any significant competition is my take on things. People would rather wait a long time for PSA grades than use the other services.

Tennis13
02-03-2018, 12:50 PM
There is an app called StockX where it is like the stock market, but for shoes. As a seller, you ship the shoes to them to authenticate and then they forward to the end customer. They were pretty backed up over the holidays and it was taking about 2 weeks for people to get their shoes (I think they quote just a few days). I think the CEO sent about 3 mass emails over the span of a month or so apologizing for the delays and that they were working around the clock to get orders shipped. AND THEN on top of that they ended ended up sending me a $20 coupon to use on a future purchase because I ordered a pair of shoes that came late. I didn’t even complain or anything. They just sent it to me. I was thoroughly impressed with their handling of that situation and sounds like PSA should take note!!

Unfortunately, way different market environment than PSA. PSA is a quasi Monopoly -- more of a differentiated oligopoly -- you should set your expectations around Comcast/Gas Company/Airline when thinking about what PSA will do. Unfortunately.

Snapolit1
02-03-2018, 12:50 PM
It's a bizarre mindset for a public company to receive a package on day 1 and not "enter" it into the system for a week -- and only then start counting the days for the type of order submitted. Very simple way to fix this mess: hire more people. Why won't they simply hire more people?

As bad as PSA is, SGC is far worse. I tried to submit cards twice in the past year to SGC at shows. First of all, their form is obscenely complicated, as they try to capture in one form every single permutation of any conceivable order. Stupid. But worst of all was that both times I had some guy trying to help me who seemed like he was just dragged in off the street for $7/hr and was more befuddled that I was about the form. News flash: I'm in your system. Give you people iPads. Let them pull up my account and quickly enter information on an iPad and then let me sign it and then print me out a friggin receipt. It's not rocket science. I just donated stuff at Goodwill and the whole transaction to log it and give me a receipt took about 70 seconds. I've leased cars with less aggravation than trying to submit 1 ticket stub to SGC to encapsulate. It's like the entire technology revolution has somehow passed these guys by.

calvindog
02-03-2018, 01:50 PM
As bad as PSA is, SGC is far worse. I tried to submit cards twice in the past year to SGC at shows. First of all, their form is obscenely complicated, as they tried to capture in one form every single permutation of any conceivable order. Stupid. But worst of all was that both times I had some guy trying to help me who seemed like he was just dragged in off the street for $7/hr and was more befuddled that I was about the form. News flash: I'm in your system. Give you people iPads. Let them pull up my account and quickly enter information on an iPad and then let me sign it and then print me out a friggin receipt. It's not rocket science. I just donated stuff at Goodwill and the whole transaction to log it and give me a receipt took about 70 seconds. I've leased cards with less aggravation than trying to submit 1 ticket stub to SGC to encapsulate. It's like the entire technology revolution has somehow passed these guys by.

I agree, the whole complicated paper submission thing for PSA and SGC is brutal. Inevitably what I want to submit I can't find and I need to call in for help. There has to be a way to streamline and simplify this process.

I'm biased towards SGC but I do find I get my submissions back way, way quicker than PSA. PSA does a good job but is just interminably slow and never hits promised benchmarks.

RedsFan1941
02-03-2018, 02:18 PM
i rarely agree with steve, but he is spot-on about sgc's presence at shows. i see their table every year at strongsville. they have not been set up on time on the opening day of the show the past 3 years. the last 2 years, when they finally opened for business, there were 2 open boxes of cereal, styrofoam cups of OJ, and half-eaten granola bars on their tables.

calvindog
02-03-2018, 02:21 PM
i rarely agree with steve, but he is spot-on about sgc's presence at shows. i see their table every year at strongsville. they have not been set up on time on the opening day of the show the past 3 years. the last 2 years, when they finally opened for business, there were 2 open boxes of cereal, styrofoam cups of OJ, and half-eaten granola bars on their tables.

If it was Cocoa Krispies they can be forgiven.

Republicaninmass
02-03-2018, 02:56 PM
I believe SGC has changed their grading standards as well. Usually a haven for PSA qualified cards getting a true grade, now they are much more strict on centering, which I don't remember being the case. My last two psa cards came back two full grades lower at sgc.

swarmee
02-03-2018, 03:15 PM
I agree, the whole complicated paper submission thing for PSA and SGC is brutal.

PSA has had an online submission wizard for over a year. It works really well. And it saves regularly so you can go back and update regularly before you decide to print it out and submit.

Peter_Spaeth
02-03-2018, 03:29 PM
I've leased cards with less aggravation than trying to submit 1 ticket stub to SGC to encapsulate. It's like the entire technology revolution has somehow passed these guys by.

What cards do you have for lease, I may want to borrow some. :D:D

Snapolit1
02-03-2018, 03:39 PM
What cards do you have for lease, I may want to borrow some. :D:D

Got me. Edited. Though it you want to lease my cards let me know. I might even be able to arrange a bailment, though would need to go back and brush up on quickly on bailment law.

Peter_Spaeth
02-03-2018, 03:58 PM
Got me. Edited. Though it you want to lease my cards let me know. I might even be able to arrange a bailment, though would need to go back and brush up on quickly on bailment law.

Don Baylor and Ed Bailey would be good choices.

buymycards
02-04-2018, 05:10 PM
I sent some cards to SGC with their December special, which was, if I remember correctly a 40 day special. I had my order back in my hands in less than 20 business days.

I used their website this morning to get an order ready to mail tomorrow. It took me about 5 minutes to make my entries, print it out, and submit the order online.

Rick

luciobar1980
02-05-2018, 11:11 AM
We're nearing a month and still no entry into their system :confused:

ngnichols
02-05-2018, 11:16 AM
I am currently seeing about 2-4 weeks delay for them to actually put it into the system.

They are absolutely SLAMMED from orders and having moved to their new location in Cali.

They are basically where BGS was last year in terms of ability to get orders done in a timely manner. The thing that is saving them is that none of their services are guaranteed turnaround times vs. BGS being 100% guaranteed turnaround or it's free.

I get that there will be a little delay in getting it entered in with having to ship the order to them, but taking weeks to do so and then still not meeting the service level you paid for is pretty weak IMHO.

cardinalcollector
02-05-2018, 11:35 AM
I sent a 15 card order in to PSA on 12-10-17 and it arrived 1-26-18, so 48 days might be a current estimate.

ngnichols
02-05-2018, 12:15 PM
I sent a 15 card order in to PSA on 12-10-17 and it arrived 1-26-18, so 48 days might be a current estimate.

You mean they logged it in to their system on 1/26/18.

Probably got there about 3 days after you shipped it.

It's pretty clear they are backed-up pretty bad.

cardinalcollector
02-05-2018, 01:44 PM
You mean they logged it in to their system on 1/26/18.

Probably got there about 3 days after you shipped it.

It's pretty clear they are backed-up pretty bad.

To clarify:

Shipped to PSA 12-10-17
Logged in at PSA 12-28-17
Received by me 1-26-18

ngnichols
02-05-2018, 02:51 PM
To clarify:

Shipped to PSA 12-10-17
Logged in at PSA 12-28-17
Received by me 1-26-18

Gotcha.

What service level did you submit under?

luciobar1980
02-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Mine was just a reholder.. I imagine that is the slowest possible turnaround time.

cardinalcollector
02-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Gotcha.

What service level did you submit under?

New membership 10 day service, LOL

Snapolit1
02-05-2018, 05:48 PM
I recently sent them 1 ticket stub and said 45 day was fine. I guess I will see it by Memorial Day.

Peter_Spaeth
02-05-2018, 07:51 PM
I very seriously doubt this will affect their level of submissions, or market share. Which is really the big takeaway here IMO.

pingman59
02-05-2018, 08:08 PM
Bizzare...My PSA bulk 45 business day submission, which arrived at PSA on January 9th, just shipped out today. My other submissions, which were 5 day and 10 day have yet to be graded and shipped.:confused:

bobbyw8469
02-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Bizzare...My PSA bulk 45 business day submission, which arrived at PSA on January 9th, just shipped out today. My other submissions, which were 5 day and 10 day have yet to be graded and shipped.:confused:

We are still waiting on a sub from November 11th.

ngnichols
02-06-2018, 10:35 AM
I very seriously doubt this will affect their level of submissions, or market share. Which is really the big takeaway here IMO.

Don't be too sure about that. People can be quite fickle when you mess with their time and money.

robw1959
02-06-2018, 11:42 AM
PSA received a 5-day and a 10-day submission from me in December. They didn't mail the 5-day back to me until February, and I'm still waiting for the 10-day. Glad I didn't choose anything longer than a 5 or 10-day!

Leon
02-07-2018, 07:51 AM
Don't be too sure about that. People can be quite fickle when you mess with their time and money.

I agree with Peter on this. Until other registries catch up PSA is the goose laying the golden eggs. They can pretty much do whatever they want to, so it seems.

Slinger
02-07-2018, 11:43 AM
PSA signed for my 45 day bulk order on January 18, 2018.

Today (February 7, 2018) I am yet to make it into their system.

Still waiting......

Frank A
02-07-2018, 12:59 PM
High grading prices and long waits. It doesn't get any better than that. There are 2 other fine services out there to deal with. They get my vote.

Republicaninmass
02-07-2018, 01:22 PM
Bgs non guarantee time Is 83 BUSINESS days

nsaddict
02-07-2018, 01:35 PM
My latest PSA 30 day took 47 business days. I noticed they had a lousy monthly special in January. Figured they'd get caught up a bit, but the Feb special has a decent one. And I'm thinking they will be getting heavier volume soon as the registry deadline is in May.

hcv123
02-07-2018, 01:44 PM
So I sent a submission of 14 Topps test discs which was signed for the end of December, not logged in their system till January 15th and shipped back February 2nd. Not great, but not bad relative to some of the other stories on this thread. Now the ridiculousness.

For those who don't know the discs only exist in proof form and therefore PSA only grades them as authentic. I sent in discs in 3 different proof states from 2 different years(, 1967 yellow/white, 1967 red, white, yellow, black, 1968 final proof ). Each disc was labeled on the back of the card saver with the year, issue, player name and line number corresponding to the submission invoice as PSA required in the "old days". Something like " 1967 Topps Test Disc Roberto Clemente, line 4"

So when the grades pop - it shows that they DIDN'T grade 11 of the 14 discs stating "no spec info". They did grade 3 - 1967 Frank Robinson, 1967 Hank Aaron and 1967 Roberto Clemente.

Then the shipment arrives :eek::mad:
The Frank Robinson they graded was one of 4 of the 1967 red, white, yellow, black proofs I sent and the ONLY one graded properly. They did not grade the Clemente, The Aaron, or the Koufax from the same proof lot.
AND they mis-graded the 1968 Clemente and Aaron as 1967's. I don;t have words sufficient to express the utter frustration. I am waiting for a response from PSA for about 3 days now regarding both their "no grades" as well as the mistakes.

iwantitiwinit
02-07-2018, 01:53 PM
PSA received a 5-day and a 10-day submission from me in December. They didn't mail the 5-day back to me until February, and I'm still waiting for the 10-day. Glad I didn't choose anything longer than a 5 or 10-day!

In my book that spells REFUND. THAT LENGTH OF TIME IS INEXCUSABLE.

bobbyw8469
02-07-2018, 01:58 PM
In my book that spells REFUND. THAT LENGTH OF TIME IS INEXCUSABLE.

You thought PWCC was busy...you should see the amount of packages PSA gets!

RedsFan1941
02-07-2018, 02:14 PM
You thought PWCC was busy...you should see the amount of packages PSA gets!

have you visited PSA's offices and seen them? would love to hear details.

Steve L
02-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Last year was my first year to submit cards to PSA. Out of about 20 cards submitted, 4 were labelled wrong - totally wrong set. Each time, I listed the correct set on the order form and noted how this was the first time a card of this type was being graded by PSA - my comments were not followed at all. The first one I noticed was wrong upon receiving the card from PSA, I called and they told me how to send it back for regrading - no charge. For the second one which was labelled wrong - I happened to notice that they post the results of their grading before they send them back to me - so I called immediately and was told that the reason they post the results before sending them was so that the customer could review the label. They corrected the label before it was shipped to me. So I was prepared for the third submission of a different card, it was again labelled wrongly by PSA, called right away after PSA posted how the card was labelled and it was fixed. In the end, all were correct, but it sure wasn't easy. All four errors were for pre-war cards that had never been graded by PSA for 4 different sets. One can only guess why the errors occurred. In January, I submitted more cards with 2 never before graded by PSA, I watch every day so I can call and report the possible labelling errors, but so far they have not been logged into the system. At least I know they received them.

Anish
02-07-2018, 06:52 PM
PSA is a joke right now. They need to hire some more people.

Just got back a 10 day that was logged in November and the cards are not even slabbed properly. If I had known it would be like this, I wouldn’t have renewed my membership.

bobbyw8469
02-07-2018, 07:42 PM
PSA is a joke right now. They need to hire some more people.

Just got back a 10 day that was logged in November and the cards are not even slabbed properly. If I had known it would be like this, I wouldn’t have renewed my membership.

WOW....that don't even sound right.......when in November was it logged? Even if it was late November (after Thanksgiving), and accounting for holidays, you are saying it took 45 days to do a 10 day order????

jb67
02-07-2018, 07:59 PM
Just posted by Joe O. over on the other board:

Hello All,

I wanted to post this after having several conversations with customers.

The amount of recent, incoming business to PSA has been unprecedented. I have been here for over 18 years and have simply seen nothing like it.

Our staff is fully aware of how slow the turnaround times have been. There is no reason to sugar coat it…from entering the submissions into the system to shipping them out, it has been slow.

While we have added several people to our staff since our move in November and authorized plenty of overtime, the demand for our services has outpaced our ability to keep up.

The reality is that we simply can’t “go faster” or cut corners in a business like ours. Each person, at every stage of the process, is only capable of processing so many items per day.

In addition, we are handling your valuables and our company takes that quite seriously. We need to make sure that every person handling the collectibles are properly trained, and that training can take time.

The good news is that we continue to add to our team and train new members, which means we are capable of processing more items each day than ever before.

We have a loyal and passionate customer base, one that drives our brand and business. I have been on the other side (as a customer) and know how frustrating it can be to not get your collectibles back in a timely manner. So, any frustration shared by our customers out there is completely understood.

All our company can say is that we appreciate your patience more than you know as we work to further build our capacity – the right way.

Take care and thank you for your understanding,
Joe Orlando
CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc.
President, PSA & PSA/DNA

Anish
02-07-2018, 09:17 PM
WOW....that don't even sound right.......when in November was it logged? Even if it was late November (after Thanksgiving), and accounting for holidays, you are saying it took 45 days to do a 10 day order????

Yup. Logged 11/10/17 and mailed 1/29/18.

ngnichols
02-08-2018, 08:35 PM

Hello All,

The amount of recent, incoming business to PSA has been unprecedented. I have been here for over 18 years and have simply seen nothing like it.

Our staff is fully aware of how slow the turnaround times have been. There is no reason to sugar coat it…from entering the submissions into the system to shipping them out, it has been slow.

While we have added several people to our staff since our move in November and authorized plenty of overtime, the demand for our services has outpaced our ability to keep up.

The reality is that we simply can’t “go faster” or cut corners in a business like ours. Each person, at every stage of the process, is only capable of processing so many items per day.

In addition, we are handling your valuables and our company takes that quite seriously. We need to make sure that every person handling the collectibles are properly trained, and that training can take time.

The good news is that we continue to add to our team and train new members, which means we are capable of processing more items each day than ever before.

We have a loyal and passionate customer base, one that drives our brand and business. I have been on the other side (as a customer) and know how frustrating it can be to not get your collectibles back in a timely manner. So, any frustration shared by our customers out there is completely understood.

All our company can say is that we appreciate your patience more than you know as we work to further build our capacity – the right way.

Joe Orlando
President, PSA & PSA/DNA

LOL, so basically "Tough Shit. Deal with it."

Reads almost like Jeromy Murray's letter to BGS customers last year and that went over like a wet fart in church. He got crucified on message boards all over the place.

toledo_mudhen
02-09-2018, 04:29 AM
LOL, so basically "Tough Shit. Deal with it."

Reads almost like Jeromy Murray's letter to BGS customers last year and that went over like a wet fart in church. He got crucified on message boards all over the place.

Yea - I feel much better about this now wtf

autograf
02-09-2018, 04:48 AM
PSA's stock took a bath yesterday because they cut their yearly dividend in half from $1.40 to $.70. Yahoo shows Joe O has 41,000 shares, so that cost him about $385,000 yesterday in losses at $9.37 a share and will cost him about $28,000 in dividend losses per year. Sounds like some savvy business decisions PSA's CEO is making.....wait, who is that?

Republicaninmass
02-09-2018, 04:58 AM
While their bread and butter in the coin side is flailing away, cards are busier, far busier, busier than ever? A monh to open a package? Maybe they DOWNSIZED? Just another conspiracy theory, but 2+2 doesnt add to 4 here.

iwantitiwinit
02-09-2018, 05:21 AM

Hello All,

Joe Orlando
President, PSA & PSA/DNA

Fair enough.

calvindog
02-09-2018, 07:14 AM
Fair enough.

Maybe they can stop accepting quick turnaround fees for incredibly slow service without crediting the customer for the difference?

bobbyw8469
02-09-2018, 07:49 AM
Maybe they can stop accepting quick turnaround fees for incredibly slow service without crediting the customer for the difference?

You would think.

Slinger
02-10-2018, 06:55 PM
Just got the email.

My bulk 45 day order was signed for on 01/18/2018. Was input today 02/10/2018.

Now the REAL waiting game begins.

egbeachley
02-10-2018, 09:28 PM
While logging package receipts may be frustrating, it doesn't really have anything to do with how long it takes to receive your grades. Unless graders are waiting for submissions to arrive, they are receiving and sending out packages as well as normal. It doesn't matter is there are 10 packages in line to be graded or 1000.

tonyo
02-11-2018, 04:11 AM
Has anyone ever had their cards or memorabilia lost or damaged by PSA?

bobbyw8469
02-11-2018, 05:30 AM
Has anyone ever had their cards or memorabilia lost or damaged by PSA?

Yes. A simple search in the forums would reveal all kinds of stuff.

iowadoc77
02-11-2018, 07:06 AM

This certainly seems to be the ethical thing to do.
And the right thing to do.

Gradedcardman
02-11-2018, 08:06 AM
I have always been told by PSA to write on the outside of the box what service you are paying for. If it is a special, quick turnaround special or level, write that on the box and they will grab it quicker. They have everytime for my subs.

Snapolit1
02-11-2018, 08:40 AM
Collectors Universes stock plunged this week after they slashed their dividend.

Orders taking forever to process. Apparently terribly understaffed.

No explanations from management to customers about insane delays.

Interesting.

If I had a $50,000 card right now that had to be graded I think it would be going to Florida.

Exhibitman
02-11-2018, 09:45 AM
If the coin graders are sitting on their thumbs with nothing to do, get them over to PSA to shuck packages and pack slabbed cards, and shift the shuckers and packers to data entry. Management...duh.

My voucher order was received 2/3. I don't expect to see the 10-day submission until late March. I will not be renewing my PSA membership next year. It doesn't get you anything. Except a stupid coffee table book and a lousy magazine.

Any card I want to sell at the National I am planning to send in this month.

Exhibitman
02-11-2018, 10:00 AM
The collapse of PSA's scheduling doesn't impact their on-site grading activity. They will be doing express grading at the Long Beach show on-site in two weeks.

I guess rustling up new $50+ fees is more important than clearing the backlog of existing customer orders.

ngnichols
02-11-2018, 03:44 PM
The collapse of PSA's scheduling doesn't impact their on-site grading activity. They will be doing express grading at the Long Beach show on-site in two weeks.

I guess rustling up new $50+ fees is more important than clearing the backlog of existing customer orders.

This was one of the issues that really hurt Beckett around this time last year. They were pulling graders/sales reps out on weekends to go do RCR at shows across the nation and then taking more regular submissions in while they were there. They were making money hand-over-fist, but they literally couldn't keep up with the insane demand they were seeing.

What I find hard to fathom is that PSA has basically fallen right into the same foot-steps that led Beckett into the issues they had this time last year.

bobbyw8469
02-12-2018, 02:24 PM
This was one of the issues that really hurt Beckett around this time last year. They were pulling graders/sales reps out on weekends to go do RCR at shows across the nation and then taking more regular submissions in while they were there. They were making money hand-over-fist, but they literally couldn't keep up with the insane demand they were seeing.

What I find hard to fathom is that PSA has basically fallen right into the same foot-steps that led Beckett into the issues they had this time last year.

Mind boggling, isn't it?

Yoda
02-12-2018, 03:24 PM
It seems to me that PSA is falling into a classic business trap of new biz at any cost without providing the necessary backup to handle a massive flow of new submissions, particularly non-express ones. But their position of pre-eminent grader means customers are left to suck it up when guarantees mean nothing. I have to wonder what would happen to card values if Collectors' Universe goes bankrupt? Last SMR prices? Would PSA cardholders try to cross over their lost treasures to SGC or BVG, which would swamp them. Could a new grading company emerge?

ngnichols
02-12-2018, 05:05 PM
It seems to me that PSA is falling into a classic business trap of new biz at any cost without providing the necessary backup to handle a massive flow of new submissions, particularly non-express ones. But their position of pre-eminent grader means customers are left to suck it up when guarantees mean nothing. I have to wonder what would happen to card values if Collectors' Universe goes bankrupt? Last SMR prices? Would PSA cardholders try to cross over their lost treasures to SGC or BVG, which would swamp them. Could a new grading company emerge?

Here's the problem: None of their service levels are guaranteed turnaround times. N-O-N-E.

Unless you are somewhere where they are doing on-site slabbing, it doesn't matter what service level you pay for or submit under, it's still not 100% guaranteed turnaround time and it's plain as day written on their site. I'd think at some certain level, especially given the increase in price they charge, that you'd get a guaranteed turnaround time. That is a HUGE drawback to me and obviously, they use it to their advantage when they get into spots like this. They play games with when it gets entered into the system after it's been in their possession and also if they can't meet the "estimated" deadline, then they just pull the "it's not a guaranteed turnaround service" and give you the shoulder-shrug and "Sorry" song and dance.

calvindog
02-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Here's the problem: None of their service levels are guaranteed turnaround times. N-O-N-E.

Unless you are somewhere where they are doing on-site slabbing, it doesn't matter what service level you pay for or submit under, it's still not 100% guaranteed turnaround time and it's plain as day written on their site. I'd think at some certain level, especially given the increase in price they charge, that you'd get a guaranteed turnaround time. That is a HUGE drawback to me and obviously, they use it to their advantage when they get into spots like this. They play games with when it gets entered into the system after it's been in their possession and also if they can't meet the "estimated" deadline, then they just pull the "it's not a guaranteed turnaround service" and give you the shoulder-shrug and "Sorry" song and dance.

Good luck with that set of bullshit when they get sued. I'm sure a federal judge will be very understanding that they charge for faster service and don't come close to meeting it.

bobbyw8469
02-12-2018, 06:39 PM
Good luck with that set of bullshit when they get sued. I'm sure a federal judge will be very understanding that they charge for faster service and don't come close to meeting it.

I agree....I don't believe they can charge for say a overnight service and take a month to grade, no matter WHAT it says in their terms of agreement.

cardsnstuff
02-12-2018, 06:39 PM

I prefer PSA; but simply because of resale value; but If were there competitor; {hey SGC} I would do a registry, and allow other top tier grading companies (PSA, BVG/BGS} cards be registered there. I think they could take away a huge piece of marketshare by doing so and providing better customer service.

PS. I am simply stock piling cards to grade and when my pile gets big enough than I won't mind waiting. Maybe I get lucky and in the meantime they get caught up.

ngnichols
02-12-2018, 09:42 PM

Go ahead and file that baby and tell us all what happens. You'll spend more money fighting them than you'd gain in winning. They know this and aren't worried about it. They have a monopoly, to a degree, so you really can't bite the hand that feeds you.

The problem lies in the fact that they've brainwashed people thinking that Beckett grades trimmed/cut cards and any vintage card in a BVG holder can't be legit. As such, there is no realistic competition/grading relief in the vintage card market and that's why they are where they are. Good problem to have, but still a big problem nonetheless.

calvindog
02-13-2018, 11:52 AM
Go ahead and file that baby and tell us all what happens. You'll spend more money fighting them than you'd gain in winning. They know this and aren't worried about it. They have a monopoly, to a degree, so you really can't bite the hand that feeds you.

Pretty sure this makes no sense on a few levels. How many federal cases have you been involved in as an attorney?

bigfish
02-13-2018, 12:01 PM
Jeff kind of knows this arena. Good luck.

Jeff - Stan Jonathan
Nate- Pierre Bouchard

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne1y0QCOQOM

Stampsfan
02-13-2018, 01:16 PM

Jeff - Stan Jonathan
Nate- Pierre Bouchard

Nice reference. I remember watching that fight live as a kid. We were shocked at how Bouchard just crumbled.

Note: I didn't watch the video, as I believe I know what you're referring to.

calvindog
02-13-2018, 01:58 PM

Jeff - Stan Jonathan
Nate- Pierre Bouchard

Golden age of hockey: 1974-85. Gillies/O'Reilly, all three rounds.

Here's a real throwback from the other night. You just don't see fights like this anymore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llVg0vg2wsk

bigfish
02-13-2018, 03:00 PM
This guy did not stand a chance.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhn0liVpICk

calvindog
02-13-2018, 03:10 PM
This guy did not stand a chance.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhn0liVpICk

O'Reilly could really fight and take a punch too.

Here's two guys eating a lot of fists from back in the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lfjYm6ps9I

bigfish
02-13-2018, 03:44 PM
I can’t find a fight where this guy was ever knocked to the ice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H54RSRDL4Wc

calvindog
02-13-2018, 04:06 PM
I can’t find a fight where this guy was ever knocked to the ice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H54RSRDL4Wc

He had such a low center of gravity! Little guy, strong as hell, could fight and score, just like O'Reilly. Neither of them were goons as they were big scorers on their teams. Even Wensink could score.

ullmandds
02-13-2018, 04:08 PM
oops

chalupacollects
02-13-2018, 04:24 PM
Bruins may have been tough, but they would have been no match for the old Blue seats!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ef1YVXM9IU

chalupacollects
02-13-2018, 04:27 PM
And then there is Dave Schultz and Terry O'Reilly... love these old hockey fights!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ago2wBI50cE

luciobar1980
03-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Welp, it's now 2 months since PSA received my package, and it's still in "Processing". :eek:

BleedinBlue
03-07-2018, 12:02 PM
Welp, it's now 2 months since PSA received my package, and it's still in "Processing". :eek:

You might want to read up on the October’s Special Group submission before you feel your submission is somehow standing out.

I’ve got 54 cards in that sub.
Sent in mid October.
Received late October.
Logged mid November.
It’s now March.

Republicaninmass
03-07-2018, 12:10 PM
Enter bulk and unmarked as if yesterday 1/31

10 days from 2/12

egbeachley
03-07-2018, 01:44 PM
You might want to read up on the October’s Special Group submission before you feel your submission is somehow standing out.

Sent in mid October.
Received late October.
Logged mid November.
It’s now March.

Logged in 2 weeks is one thing. Not logged in after 2 months is worse.

Exhibitman
03-07-2018, 01:52 PM
Golden age of hockey: 1974-85. Gillies/O'Reilly, all three rounds.

Here's a real throwback from the other night. You just don't see fights like this anymore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llVg0vg2wsk

Gotta put on the ol' foil

https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/hockey/websize/Hansons%20autographs.jpg

But I digress...

PSA finally logged in my 10 day order 24 days after they received it. Still no grades.

TistaT202
03-07-2018, 02:51 PM
I had my member voucher for 15 cards at 10 day service level

Shipped USPS to PSA on 1/9/18
Received by PSA on 1/11/18
Logged into PSA system on 1/30/18
Shipped by PSA 2/23/18
Received by me on 2/26/18

Not great but it sounds like better than others here. No vouchers for the poor service. I did not renew my membership.

Mike

bobbyw8469
03-07-2018, 03:01 PM

Sent in mid October.
Received late October.
Logged mid November.
It’s now March.

I'm the facilitator of the October group sub...the cards were logged in November 11th....and here we wait......I have NEVER had a sub take this long.....so don't think you are the lone ranger in this.

bobbyw8469
03-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Logged in 2 weeks is one thing. Not logged in after 2 months is worse.

They are both equally bad....long wait times means to me that PSA has more business than they can handle, and they would probably be well suited to hire more people.

Jobu
03-07-2018, 03:08 PM
My 10-day order was received 2/22 and still hasn't been logged in (3/7). With the constantly increasing fees you'd think they could hire some more people.

Republicaninmass
03-07-2018, 03:09 PM
My 10-day order was received 2/22 and still hasn't been logged in (3/7). With the constantly increasing fees you'd think they could hire some more people.

As of yesterday, they are logging 10 days from 2/12

egbeachley
03-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Jan Special received by PSA on 02/05 and logged 03/07. Getting worried because I want to receive them before the National. Total 168 cards.

Aquarian Sports Cards
03-11-2018, 04:33 AM
express order submitted 3/2 logged in 3/7

NYYFan63
03-11-2018, 05:01 AM
My buddy submitted (2) 10 day turnaround cards at the Philly Show last weekend and he received an email indicating they were processed either Friday or Saturday. Sounds like they may be improving their turnaround times.

nsaddict
03-11-2018, 05:50 AM
Not to be confused with the 50 day group sub entered 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. Bobby called early Feb and was told “probably” next week. That group sub just keeps getting put on the bottom of current orders?

bobbyw8469
03-11-2018, 05:52 AM
Not to be confused with the 50 day group sub entered 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. Bobby called early Feb and was told “probably” next week. That group sub just keeps getting put on the bottom of current orders?

That group sub keeps getting tossed to the bottom...and it's a pretty big order (over 150 cards and over $1,000 in grading fees).....not sure what to make of the whole ordeal.

hcv123
03-11-2018, 06:35 AM
Last sub received by them 02/22 - not logged yet. They are majorly screwing up identification and grading:

Last subs received back:
2 1968 discs holdered as 1967's
2 1967 discs received graded authentic (properly) - 5 others (in separate sub) received back as "no spec"
1 postcard and 1 regional issue - part of set registry sent back ungraded as "no spec"
Topps super proofs from 1970 and 1971 sent back graded authentic as regular super's - HOLY %#$# - you would think after needing to wait almost a couple of months for 5 and 10 day submissions they would at least get the grading right - not to mention 3 similar items that my 9 and 11 year old can look at and see as clearly different condition, graded within 1 point of each other. I also believe they creased a couple of cards, but have no "before" scans to prove it.

Still waiting for a response from customer service person who submitted
to their "research" department(that has now been a few weeks).

Santo10Fan
03-18-2018, 09:34 PM
Sent in a slabbed card for regrade/reholder. System says received 2/26/18. Sent email 3/10 to check status. No response/no update. I need to call tomorrow 3/19 anyways to now try to combine return shipping with a show submission. Hoping for some type of estimate on turnaround times.

swarmee
03-19-2018, 04:46 AM
PSA within the last week just updated all their expected delivery days. 10 days went to 30, 45 days went to 65. So they are still slammed. Maybe they shouldn't have moved buildings. They should have just made a new one and kept both running.

Jenx34
03-19-2018, 01:13 PM
Heard today they were opening boxes delivered on 2/12.

ccre
03-20-2018, 12:23 PM
I called and was just told they are working on 2/23 deliveries! Ha! I guess they will say anything.

Aquarian Sports Cards
03-20-2018, 12:36 PM
I dropped off a Fleer showcase Brady rookie at Philly Show, it's on its way back now.

bobbyw8469
03-20-2018, 12:43 PM
Different strokes for different folks. No rhyme or reason apparently.

Johnny630
03-20-2018, 12:54 PM
I submitted 6 cards for reholder at the Winter White Plains Show. Still have not received them back yet.

All my future grading business will go to SGC.

megalimey
03-20-2018, 12:56 PM
PSA must not be facing any significant competition is my take on things. People would rather wait a long time for PSA grades than use the other services.
AMEN PSA dominates the market
I live 20 minutes from SGC Florida in Boca, same guy who greets you when you walk in sometimes is the same guy as the "Grader" if you have a question , the Facility is surprisingly quite small , I am sure if you went out back , same guy may be also packing orders and maybe taking out the trash.
Lower overhead ,normally equates to lower a quality product .

Jobu
03-20-2018, 01:04 PM
My 10-day order was delivered on 2/22. Still not checked in.

Johnny630
03-20-2018, 03:10 PM
I live 20 minutes from SGC Florida in Boca, same guy who greets you when you walk in sometimes is the same guy as the "Grader" if you have a question , the Facility is surprisingly quite small , I am sure if you went out back , same guy may be also packing orders and maybe taking out the trash.

Thats funny!

steve B
03-21-2018, 10:43 AM

No, it's not funny at all.

As someone who has almost always worked for small businesses, and who has done high quality work, I think it's really offensive.

What I do think is lousy work is not planning well enough or at all for a move, missing due dates on work by well over a month, not getting things right a lot, and apparently taking the customer service (Disservice?) position of "just get over it"

Substandard in every way and yet some people just fall all over themselves for them.

megalimey
03-21-2018, 11:17 AM
No, it's not funny at all.

As someone who has almost always worked for small businesses, and who has done high quality work, I think it's really offensive.

What I do think is lousy work is not planning well enough or at all for a move, missing due dates on work by well over a month, not getting things right a lot, and apparently taking the customer service (Disservice?) position of "just get over it"

Substandard in every way and yet some people just fall all over themselves for them.
I said "NORMALLY" not always , Mom and Pop Shops and small businesses were the back bone of this country, but times are a changing , as I said SGC are cheaper ,much quicker , sure their holders look like some thing out of Walmart , sure they have no cert look up , sure on Average the same card grade in a PSA holder gets a lesser price verses SGC "apples to apples"
and their customer service is excellent , obviously having 130% less submissions a month than PSA has a lot to do with it ,
100,000's thousands except PSA with all their pitfalls
could they improve absolutely , will they I doubt it
thank god SGC is ready to snap up the 100's of never using PSA again customers

cardsnstuff
03-21-2018, 12:11 PM
So today, my 26 card 7 day order pops after a month and half {maybe 2} So if that's bad enough, many of which were beckett RCR 8/9; are now in PSA 6 holders. :rolleyes: :confused:

Thank you sir, may I have another............

steve B
03-21-2018, 01:50 PM
I said "NORMALLY" not always , Mom and Pop Shops and small businesses were the back bone of this country, but times are a changing , as I said SGC are cheaper ,much quicker , sure their holders look like some thing out of Walmart , sure they have no cert look up , sure on Average the same card grade in a PSA holder gets a lesser price verses SGC "apples to apples"
and their customer service is excellent , obviously having 130% less submissions a month than PSA has a lot to do with it ,
100,000's thousands except PSA with all their pitfalls
could they improve absolutely , will they I doubt it
thank god SGC is ready to snap up the 100's of never using PSA again customers

Anytime I go to a shop that's one of the modern high overhead palaces I know I'm not getting good service or pricing. But yeah, times are changing and a lot of them are closing.

Umm... Yeah....
Comcast and Verizon and BOA are market leaders too, and routinely rate in the bottom 10 nationwide. Maybe with some effort and longer delays PSA can crack that list.
I've never seen SGC cards in Wal-Mart, but have seen PSA cards there..... So their holder is quite literally "something from Wal-Mart"

Does PSA dust their holders with meth or something? The level of denial is pretty high with their "users"

(Not currently a big fan of any of the three grading companies.)

toledo_mudhen
03-22-2018, 03:53 AM
So today, my 26 card 7 day order pops after a month and half {maybe 2} So if that's bad enough, many of which were beckett RCR 8/9; are now in PSA 6 holders. :rolleyes: :confused:

Thank you sir, may I have another............

With Vintage cards - I have never had a good experience trying tp cross BGS/BVG over to either PSA or SGC

Republicaninmass
03-22-2018, 04:52 AM
The few bvg I've tried have come back trimmed/ sheet cut

Slinger
03-24-2018, 09:41 AM
Think that I just got lucky. Sent a 100 bulk.

Mailed Jan 16.
Logged in Feb 10.
Email with grades Mar 22.
Delivered Mar 26. (USPS prediction, it's already in town)

Wasn't expecting to see this package until May to be honest.

Johnny630
03-24-2018, 10:29 AM
Sent a 2 day super express order in last week. Hope to have it back by Strongsville.

bobbyw8469
03-26-2018, 07:00 AM
Think that I just got lucky. Sent a 100 bulk.

Mailed Jan 16.
Logged in Feb 10.
Email with grades Mar 22.
Delivered Mar 26. (USPS prediction, it's already in town)

Wasn't expecting to see this package until May to be honest.

AGREED...you got lucky. Your sub is NOT the norm.

Jersey City Giants
03-26-2018, 07:58 AM
Sent 2/23
Received 2/26 (8:24 AM)

Its a month later and it is not logged in their system yet.

calvindog
03-26-2018, 08:10 AM
I can't use them anymore for all these reasons. I have registry sets I love but there's no way I'm sending out cards that are important to me which they can't even bother to acknowledge were received for weeks. Who does business like this? They run their business like it's a lemonade stand, not a public company. I'm frankly amazed that the directors and officers of the parent company don't step in and throw out whoever is in charge of PSA. I guess they are covering up their incompetence by being a leader in the field. But how would you like to be a shareholder and find out that they are missing out on a large amount of revenue because some putz in charge is too stupid to figure out how to hire a few more people?

bobbyw8469
03-26-2018, 08:18 AM
I can't use them anymore for all these reasons. I have registry sets I love but there's no way I'm sending out cards that are important to me which they can't even bother to acknowledge were received for weeks. Who does business like this? They run their business like it's a lemonade stand, not a public company. I'm frankly amazed that the directors and officers of the parent company don't step in and throw out whoever is in charge of PSA. I guess they are covering up their incompetence by being a leader in the field. But how would you like to be a shareholder and find out that they are missing out on a large amount of revenue because some putz in charge is too stupid to figure out how to hire a few more people?

Well stated.

OldOriole
03-26-2018, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post

Couldn't agree more.

insidethewrapper
03-26-2018, 08:26 AM
With all the high-tech equipment and software available I can't believe someone has not started a grading company that can grade cards ( by using a laser etc for centering ), and it could be programmed to analyze size of card and review borders and corners etc. And you would get a written read out report with each card ( ie 54/46 centering, etc ). If a company came on the market like this I think it would blow the others away. Also the computer would not know who the owner of the card is , so it could be objective.

Slinger
03-26-2018, 09:55 AM
With all the high-tech equipment and software available I can't believe someone has not started a grading company that can grade cards ( by using a laser etc for centering ), and it could be programmed to analyze size of card and review borders and corners etc. And you would get a written read out report with each card ( ie 54/46 centering, etc ). If a company came on the market like this I think it would blow the others away. Also the computer would not know who the owner of the card is , so it could be objective.

Sounds like a brilliant idea!

When this gets fired up, they would get 100% of my submissions.

calvindog
03-26-2018, 10:19 AM

The PSA Registry is the only reason anyone submits to them -- which is what drives their card values higher. I can't think of any other good reason to submit to them: the Registry and higher prices received on Registry-type cards. What else does PSA offer?

ullmandds
03-26-2018, 10:24 AM

not a new idea/concept...I kinda recall someone on this board working on such a project. The problem is getting people to take their cards that are already graded and come to this new service. Whats the benefit to them?

Slinger
03-26-2018, 11:33 AM
not a new idea/concept...I kinda recall someone on this board working on such a project. The problem is getting people to take their cards that are already graded and come to this new service. Whats the benefit to them?

Include a registry with said new company?

Santo10Fan
03-26-2018, 02:29 PM
Rosemont sports show direct submission, logged into system within one week (3/18-3/23). I'm not sure if that's the same as "package received" ping on a mail submission but I presume not. My mailed crossover submission-still no update after five weeks elapsed from package received. Gonna get on the horn to try and group the shipment. Maybe will help with the crossover status.

steve B
03-27-2018, 12:33 PM
Include a registry with said new company?

SGC has one.

They were a bit late to the game, so most of the people into registry numbers were already working on PSA.
The SGC registry isn't as easy to use from what I hear. I'm on it, for a bit of fun, and adding stuff wasn't as easy as it could be. The reworking of it didn't help at all.

Anyone new has a hard road to get enough market share, especially in the registry stuff. And since that drives prices, it's even harder.

NYYFan63
03-27-2018, 03:45 PM
My neighbor submitted 10 cards at the Philly Show on 3/3 and received the cards yesterday!! Amazing!

Republicaninmass
03-27-2018, 05:06 PM
They are entering 10 day orders from 3/2 this week

bobbyw8469
03-27-2018, 06:34 PM
My neighbor submitted 10 cards at the Philly Show on 3/3 and received the cards yesterday!! Amazing!

Not the norm. Buy a lottery ticket now.

NYYFan63
03-27-2018, 07:49 PM
Not the norm. Buy a lottery ticket now.

Oh I agree

Johnny630
03-28-2018, 04:22 AM
REGISTRY AND POP REPORT TWO BRILLIANT MARKETING TOOLS. They keyed in on two things that many collectors are obsessed about, competitiveness and money. Consistanly Imporperly grading cards also helps their revenue, they know people will PSA them back, Please Submit Again. How card a card on one submission be a 5, next month a 3, and the following a 7?

IMO these are the reasons PSA does not care. It's like people who buy awful looking cards in PSA Slabs just becuse they need the card. They care more about the grade, then the do the card. Until this ends, which looks like it never will because money is involed, things will remain the same over at Newport Beach.

ccre
03-28-2018, 05:11 AM
My 10 day order which was received on 2/19 is in processing right now. However, I see they have now changed it to 30 business day order. I didn't think it could get worse but it did!

bswhiten
03-28-2018, 05:52 AM
7 day order (15 items):
-Mailed to PSA: January 17
-PSA signed for: January 22
-Logged as received: February 3
-Email stating grades available: March 22

-6 of 15 grades mechanical errors (caught before shipped out)...still processing

They did say one of the items had to go to the research dept. so that added time, but I couldn't believe almost half mechanical errors on the flip.

10 day order (3 items):
-Mailed to PSA: February 4
-PSA signed for: February 7
-Logged as received: March 3
Still processing

To say they are busy and overwhelmed with submissions is an understatement.

glynparson
03-28-2018, 06:56 AM
I have two bulk orders that have both been there over a month and niether one is entered as received. Good thing they are things I am not overly concerned with getting back anytime soon. I have noticed an improvement on getting higher service level orders processed.

bobbyw8469
03-28-2018, 07:43 AM
I have two bulk orders that have both been there over a month and niether one is entered as received. Good thing they are things I am not overly concerned with getting back anytime soon. I have noticed an improvement on getting higher service level orders processed.

That is ridiculous.

Jenx34
03-28-2018, 01:44 PM

I agree 100%. It wouldn't kill them to offer future vouchers or discounts for those affected beyond a certain point.

They probably understand the flow to the point they aren't having graders sit on their hands or going home early because orders aren't getting entered. And I get that graders can only work so many hours and be able to focus well enough to do the job right. And from the inconsistencies we have all been seeing, maybe they are pushing them beyond an ideal point. Or maybe that job is so freaking boring, graders just get in a daze after an hour or two. I know I have to take breaks when I am going through a stack of cards I am listing on Ebay.

It just sounds as if they need more graders and quality ones. I wish we could tell what steps they have taken. But that would go back to your original thought of communicating with their customers, which isn't happening. The only communication is the notice that they extended the process time for most of their services.

That kind of management doesn't help the confidence of their investors, ergo their stock price either.

Republicaninmass
03-28-2018, 03:38 PM
My 10 day order which was received on 2/19 is in processing right now. However, I see they have now changed it to 30 business day order. I didn't think it could get worse but it did!

How can you tell? Just going by the new terms posted?

ccre
03-28-2018, 08:02 PM
How can you tell? Just going by the new terms posted?
PSA changed my order form to 30 business days.
It appears 10 day may not be an option now. Sucks they changed it without even notifying me. Quite the difference.

steve B
03-29-2018, 09:17 AM
Will it be charged at the 30 day price or the 10 day?

swarmee
03-29-2018, 10:08 AM
There is no 10-day anymore. All 10-days are now 30-days.
I would have figured that when they announced new pricing in late December that they would have made these changes as well. I think they had their head in the sand when they failed to note their delays and thought they were only in an up cycle for submissions.

ccre
03-29-2018, 02:49 PM
Will it be charged at the 30 day price or the 10 day? Same fee!

Shankweather
03-29-2018, 03:52 PM
And 5-day is now 15 for the same price. They held my box for 4 weeks. They didn't enter it until I called and asked about it. Then the T206 Evers graded 5 by SGC didn't meet my minimum grade of 5 and went ungraded. Quite a satisfying experience.

steve B
03-29-2018, 05:51 PM
Same fee!

That's really not ok.

The actual lawyers would know better, but it seems like sending to them under a certain "service level" is a contract of sorts, and they shouldn't get to change the terms unilaterally.

ccre
03-29-2018, 05:59 PM
That's really not ok.

The actual lawyers would know better, but it seems like sending to them under a certain "service level" is a contract of sorts, and they shouldn't get to change the terms unilaterally.I promise you they will never see another dime from me.

Kingcobb
03-30-2018, 08:07 AM
My grades were finally posted after they accepted my cards on 02/15. They seems like they have they become a lot more strict on their grading. I thought I had some 4's and 5's they ended up 2's and 3's.

Baseballcrazy62
04-03-2018, 08:04 PM
Maybe some light at the end of the tunnel. Dropped off an express submission on 3-18 and they entered it in their system on the 23rd and the grades posted and the cards were shipped today.

swarmee
04-03-2018, 08:22 PM
1-day and 2-day submissions jump the line when it comes to logging them in.

Stonepony
04-14-2018, 09:23 AM
I sent a single card submission to SGC late last week ( my first in several years).
Received it yesterday- about 8 days shipped to received. Extremely impressed with that turnaround service.

rdwyer
05-16-2018, 09:19 PM
I submitted a card at the Long Beach Coin Expo February 23rd. 57 business days later, still no card. (45 day turnaround). Ne1 know how far back they are now? Or when I might expect my card in the mail? No comment on their customer service!

bobbyw8469
05-17-2018, 04:08 AM
I submitted a card at the Long Beach Coin Expo February 23rd. 57 business days later, still no card. (45 day turnaround). Ne1 know how far back they are now? Or when I might expect my card in the mail? No comment on their customer service!

I think it takes a month and some change to log in.

npa589
05-17-2018, 06:33 AM
I sent a single card submission to SGC late last week ( my first in several years).
Received it yesterday- about 8 days shipped to received. Extremely impressed with that turnaround service.

They're the best. I sent in an order recently and personally picked it up, and had a great conversation with the people there.