PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose Custom Card

bnorth
01-24-2018, 03:14 PM
Just finished making this for a fellow member and big Pete Rose fan. Havn't even sent him a pic of the finished card yet.:D It has an original photo negative embedded into the card. I gave it a refractor front and a very high gloss back. The first picture was taken outside so the negative shows up better.

bnorth
01-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Was hoping for some opinions.:) Does it suck, do you like it, any thing you would liked to have seen different? It is my first time making a card with a old photo negative in it.

swarmee
01-28-2018, 07:04 AM
They're a start. Maybe a border or additional graphics? The edges around the window are rough and take away from the look.

BearBailey
01-28-2018, 01:44 PM
Maybe it is the scan but it does not present well. The refractor and the negative both take away from the picture.

bnorth
01-28-2018, 02:36 PM
They're a start. Maybe a border or additional graphics? The edges around the window are rough and take away from the look.

I agree on adding borders, I like them but the guy I made it for does not. The bad pics make the window look way rougher than it is.

Maybe it is the scan but it does not present well. The refractor and the negative both take away from the picture.

The refractor part looks really cool in hand. I agree about that negative. It is an old Kodak B/W and to me does not look the best. That card is 8 layers thick.

Thanks guys. I also made this regular gloss front and back card with a custom color negative. Done it to figure out how to get stuff close on the main card. The Sorry for the bad pics, the card is sitting in my window to show off the negative.

JoeDfan
01-29-2018, 09:45 AM
I thought it looked nice... :D

bnorth
01-29-2018, 10:05 AM
I thought it looked nice... :D

I will be way more interested in your opinion when you get home tonight.:D

JoeDfan
01-31-2018, 06:19 AM
It is AWESOME!!!

Looks way better in hand than in the pics.

Thanks!