PDA

View Full Version : Caution!!!!!

sicollector1954
01-22-2018, 12:41 PM
A word to game used bat collectors out there.....about 20 years ago or so, I purchased a Pete Rose game model bat which was photographed with 2 other bats on Ebay....it was the middle bat of three....a buy it now price with no protection at that time through something like PayPal ....received it in the mail only to discover that I had been duped....it was a college bat and the Louisville Slugger markings on the barrel end had been purposely covered up by one of the other bats in the photo only to reveal a college mark instead....This guy is good! He knows bats very well....offers them up for about a third or so of their value....also at the time was doctoring them as well....Lynchburg, VA....he had several bad feedbacks for every plus 20 or so at that time......I wanted to pursue with a small claims charge but nothing ever came of it.....other items he sold at the time were cap guns/holsters....and other baseball items....won't reveal his real name here but have it if someone wants it.....

Now 20 or so years later, he may be the same person selling on Ebay again with a new user name.....not saying for sure......listed as minimick07....but the items being sold by him are bats and the city matches as well......Check what he has sold in the last 6 months also.....and you can not email him to ask a question and he offers no returns on any of his items---perfect feedback at this time but............just saying....buyer beware if you are not sure....Thanks.

Shoeless Moe
01-22-2018, 01:47 PM
He sells fake Batting Helmets too.

Yah he is good at ripping people off I'll give him that.

Been doing it for a long time now.