PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where I put my 1962 Topps Mantle

bbcard1
01-18-2018, 09:07 AM
Can't find it anywhere. I have this problem come up occasionally and wonder it any of you who have collected for decades, accumulated tens of thousand of cards and have had issues of securing one place for your collection run into it. I know it will turn up eventually...and it's a lowish grade specimen anyway but I got it a few years ago (15 at least) and just recently began working on and eventually completing a 1962 Topps set. Now I have a hole in the binder waiting for me to figure out which of the dozens of boxes, binders, drawers and such the Mantle made it into....

ALR-bishop
01-18-2018, 09:30 AM
Todd---I collect sets and am pretty organized and rarely lose track of cards, but on occasion can not find where or in what binder I have placed an entire set ( usually an insert or test set). Even though the binders are all labeled some have multiple sets and sometimes from more than one year

On the other hand, having been in Bob's basement ( bobsbbcards) I understand how easy it is to have individual cards or groups of cards hide out in plain sight among the mounds or in boxes

Good luck in your search

blackandgold
01-18-2018, 09:51 AM
It happens to me all the time! I'm currently searching for my 1971 Manny Sanguillen Milk Duds box.

bnorth
01-18-2018, 10:27 AM
Can't find it anywhere. I have this problem come up occasionally and wonder it any of you who have collected for decades, accumulated tens of thousand of cards and have had issues of securing one place for your collection run into it. I know it will turn up eventually...and it's a lowish grade specimen anyway but I got it a few years ago (15 at least) and just recently began working on and eventually completing a 1962 Topps set. Now I have a hole in the binder waiting for me to figure out which of the dozens of boxes, binders, drawers and such the Mantle made it into....

If you change that form tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands I know exactly what you are saying. I have it happen all the time. The up side is I am always finding cool stuff I forgot I had.:)

Bigdaddy
01-18-2018, 11:07 AM
Did you check your coat pockets???;)

jason.1969
01-18-2018, 11:08 AM
My 1976 Topps autographed Al Oliver has been MIA. Really gorgeous card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

JollyElm
01-18-2018, 02:00 PM
When you find that card, it will probably be surrounded by the untold numbers of socks that went mysteriously missing from your dryer over the years.

quitcrab
01-18-2018, 03:37 PM
Looking for my 59 fleer"Ted signs"... now been over a year looking for it. Iam starting to doubt myself if I really ever owned it. Old age is SCARY!!!

Volod
01-18-2018, 06:29 PM
I used to misplace cards all the time, usually those recently purchased, because after examining them, I would put them back in the original mailer until I got around to digging out the set they belonged to. I recall doing that with a mint '54 Bowman Mays card, and then having a light bulb go on over my head about three weeks later while watching an old tv documentary about the Giants. I jumped up and ran to my den and began searching through piles of old mailers, but it was no where. I spent about a month turning stuff upside down looking for it, fearing it had been thrown out by mistake, but then finally opened a letter from the VA sitting on my desk and out fell the Mays card. All purchases since then have gone immediately into proper storage.

Bcwcardz
01-18-2018, 07:32 PM
Looking for my 59 fleer"Ted signs"... now been over a year looking for it. Iam starting to doubt myself if I really ever owned it. Old age is SCARY!!!I do it all the time. I cant remember if I sold it, misplaced it or never had it to begin with.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Bestdj777
01-18-2018, 08:09 PM
When you find that card, it will probably be surrounded by the untold numbers of socks that went mysteriously missing from your dryer over the years.

For those that don't know, on some front load washing machines, there is a rubber gasket on the front that holds in the tub. The gasket has some flexibility and socks can get sucked in. You can pull it back with your hand to retrieve them when they go missing. I spent a week trying to figure out where eight or so of my son's socks went. Incredibly frustrating. Unless the Mantle went through the wash, it's unlikely there though.

bobsbbcards
01-19-2018, 06:07 AM
On the other hand, having been in Bob's basement ( bobsbbcards) I understand how easy it is to have individual cards or groups of cards hide out in plain sight among the mounds or in boxes

For all I know, you're still down there wandering around. :rolleyes: