PDA

View Full Version : Help pricing this vintage Dodgers line-up card

Topnotchsy
12-29-2017, 09:08 AM
Hey all,

A kind board member saw my post about looking for HOF manager signed line-up cards and messaged me about this line-up card. Neither of us had any strong idea on pricing, so we thought we would reach out to the boards for opinions.

Basic info:
- Seems to be from around 1963 though undated
- Spring Training Line-up card
- Signed by HOF Walt Alston
- Starting pitcher was Sandy Koufax

Thanks in advance!

brookdodger55
12-29-2017, 09:25 AM
Great looking piece. As a big Brooklyn Dodger collector of Cards and Memorabilia. If I saw this on eBay or a card show, with the Alston signature. I would have no problem paying $40-$50 for it, noting that it does not have a year and or game date. Great piece.
Mike

Topnotchsy
12-31-2017, 09:13 AM
Great looking piece. As a big Brooklyn Dodger collector of Cards and Memorabilia. If I saw this on eBay or a card show, with the Alston signature. I would have no problem paying $40-$50 for it, noting that it does not have a year and or game date. Great piece.
Mike

Thanks for the response!

Would love if others could chime in. Hoping to make a deal on this today and both seller and I would love to hear if others agree with the price mentioned.

btcarfagno
12-31-2017, 11:53 AM
April 14 1963. Rare loss for Koufax that year.

I am thinking worth well more than $40-50. Alston signed. Koufax on the mound. Atleast worth $100-125 I would think.

Topnotchsy
12-31-2017, 12:35 PM
April 14 1963. Rare loss for Koufax that year.

I am thinking worth well more than $40-50. Alston signed. Koufax on the mound. Atleast worth $100-125 I would think.

The card says “Spring Training” so I didn’t bother looking but it appears you are right. Early regular season game using a left over ST lineup card. Thanks! Definitely would drive the value up some.

WillowGrove
12-31-2017, 03:57 PM
Yeah Jeff id say about $100. Tough to find, signed by HOFer, Koufax starting, tough to find. $100. -hope this helps. peter

Topnotchsy
12-31-2017, 11:00 PM
Thanks everyone for the help! Connecting the card to a specific date in the regular season definitely elevated the card in my eyes, so major props btcarfagno!!

We ended up going with a price in line with the comments here despite both me and the seller feeling it could be worth a bit more. (Seller was extremely generous and friendly, basically offering it for the price he had in mind when we thought it was from Spring Training. I'm not sure if he wants to be outed for his generosity, so I'll allow him to stop in and say "hi" if he chooses. I had thought it was cool as a ST line-up card, but much cooler from a regular season game).