PDA

View Full Version : Rememering Chuck

minibatsman
12-15-2017, 12:33 PM
I am posting this to remember a good man. Chuck played for Bear Bryant.
was offered a try out with the cowboys. Chuck's words Tom Landry told him you S##K
He was drafted and Joined Seal Team 2. Four tours in Nam. there he received three Purple Harts and a Silver Star.
He was a avid card collector. a personal friend of Hank Arron. just one of many professional ball players I had the pleasure of meeting through him.
This may be wrong to post this if so . I am sorry. but days like this make me
understand that especially this time of year. nothing matters more than friends and family. ROLE TIDE

BillCross
12-16-2017, 04:44 AM
Godspeed, Chuck.

Indeed, nothing matters more than friends and family.

FourStrikes
12-18-2017, 04:18 AM
Bobby:

nice post, nice remembrance.
Godspeed indeed, Chuck.

thanks, Bobby, for posting.

minibatsman
12-20-2017, 12:40 AM
i posted this to for a friend and a fellow card collector . that lived a life that most of us couldn't accomplish in several life times?. i am not trying to exaggerate what this man contributed for our country. he was a navy seal and in a way provided you the opportunity for us to live the life we live today. but his love for sports that he lived . he accomplished though card collecting. he actually had the opportunity to play the game. Tom Landry told him i cant keep you on my team, how many collectors out there can say i tried out for a man like that. i would love to have a Cobb or Ruth auto. i wouldn't trade Chucks auto for both.

BillCross
12-20-2017, 06:08 AM
Seems like a great guy, overall. Wish I could have met him in person.