PDA

View Full Version : side writing on bat

minibatsman
12-14-2017, 12:37 PM
John Wagner . I put plastic over the righting on the bat. and traced it as best I can make it out. this is what I got each time. what do yawl think?.

UnVme7
12-14-2017, 05:48 PM
Looks like John Wagner

minibatsman
12-15-2017, 12:02 AM
Looks like John Wagner

I picked up this bat for a couple bucks thirty years ago. I left it in the tube
and have looked at it a half dozen times. I never gave it much thought. i was sanding the bat to display it in my man cave. seen the Wagner block lettering. and decided to post it on net 54 and was told to stop sanding it. i received a couple offers for the 1911 to 1915 bat. not as a 1915 Wagner bat . everyone said they didn't like the lettering. and i was asked if there was side righting. i looked and as you see this is what i have found . who wrote John Wagner on this bat i do not know. i contacted a company to authenticate the bat. i was told players wrote on the cracked bats. this bat is cracked .and sent them back to the factory. i was also told a person at H&S would wright on the side of these bats as they received them.
i do not know anything about this bat, any help would be appreciated.

Bpm0014
12-15-2017, 06:55 AM
Side "writing" was done at the Louisville factory by one particular employee who had a very distinctive style of "writing" (in black with a grease pen). The writing that you traced was 100% with certainty not done by that particular employee at the Louisville factory. It is a very unique style of writing....

Mark
12-15-2017, 07:39 AM
Minnie,
I don't know whether you are sincere or just kidding around about the bat, but why don't you do us all a favor and send the bat to MEARS or to John Taube at PSA/DNA? Either of their evaluations should settle the matter, and I think that I, at least, would enjoy reading what they write to you about the bat.
Mark

Huysmans
12-15-2017, 09:32 AM
Side "writing" was done at the Louisville factory by one particular employee who had a very distinctive style of "writing" (in black with a grease pen). The writing that you traced was 100% with certainty not done by that particular employee at the Louisville factory. It is a very unique style of writing....

I believe that's Henry Morrow you're referencing Brendan.

Bpm0014
12-15-2017, 10:27 AM
I believe that's Henry Morrow you're referencing Brendan.

Is that his name?

UnVme7
12-15-2017, 01:22 PM
Yes. Sanding a bat decreases the value significantly, if it has much value.