PDA

View Full Version : John Rogers - redux

RichardSimon
11-22-2017, 04:29 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-sports-memorabilia-dealer-arrested-20171120-story.html

Forever Young
11-22-2017, 04:37 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-sports-memorabilia-dealer-arrested-20171120-story.html

Wow.

Scott Garner
11-22-2017, 06:12 PM
Slimeball! :eek:

thetruthisoutthere
11-22-2017, 06:52 PM
It's amazing what this hobby has "spawned."

The latest, of course, being the "Florida" forgeries and dirtbags that have infected the hobby to no end.

Stampsfan
11-26-2017, 12:42 AM
So among other things, he's a thief, fraudster, and assaults women.

A three time loser...

GrayGhost
11-26-2017, 06:17 AM
So among other things, he's a thief, fraudster, and assaults women.

A three time loser...

I call him a five time loser! Assaulting women is worth three points. Garbage who should be swept into a compactor with the button pushed

khkco4bls
11-26-2017, 09:40 AM
I would rather call him a real piece of s***

jbsports33
11-26-2017, 02:00 PM
Kevin I am with you - this guy came to some New England shows and just played everyone with his bull s!?& a few years back -always thought it was:confused:

Jimmy

Exhibitman
11-26-2017, 03:24 PM
Felony Stupid...

Klrdds
11-26-2017, 04:38 PM
Does anyone remember years and years ago his full page ads every week in SCD , when SCD was relevant ?
I retrospect what he was doing then ... collecting or scamming ?
It always dealt with Babe Ruth items , specifically Photos or Baseballs.

David Atkatz
11-26-2017, 04:56 PM
He used to sell on eBay, as well. Fifteen years ago or so. Horrid Ruth and Gehrig forgeries.

slidekellyslide
11-26-2017, 05:33 PM
He is also somehow connected with Peter Nash (high dollar loans) who has never said one single bad word about him on his hauls of shame website.

Sources say that they were both in on the fraud. <---see what I did there? :D

Hi Pete!

Leon
11-27-2017, 08:15 AM
He is also somehow connected with Peter Nash (high dollar loans) who has never said one single bad word about him on his hauls of shame website.

Sources say that they were both in on the fraud. <---see what I did there? :D

Hi Pete!

My understanding is Rogers bought all of the fake items that Nash (probably made himself) gave to REA for collateral on a loan. He had to sign off on knowing there were no certifications and the items might not be good (from what I was told). When I asked Rogers about it he told me that the items were good and whomever else was wrong. I guess not....

Runscott
11-27-2017, 10:16 AM
My understanding is Rogers bought all of the fake items that Nash (probably made himself) gave to REA for collateral on a loan. He had to sign off on knowing there were no certifications and the items might not be good (from what I was told). When I asked Rogers about it he told me that the items were good and whomever else was wrong. I guess not....

When I think I have unwittingly acquired a fake item, I panic.

But if you are in the habit of selling things you know are fake, it must relieve a lot of stress to know that when you 'accidentally' buy fakes you can re-sell them and still make money. But then the law shows up...