PDA

View Full Version : Foldout Postcard showing 1913 World Series Game

aelefson
11-21-2017, 08:05 PM
Hi-

I recently acquired the fold out postcard shown below. It is from Dixie Blower Systems and inside is a large image of a game between the Philadelphia Athletics and the New York Giants in the World Series. It does not say which World Series, but given its postmark of 1916, I am guessing it shows the 1913 World Series. The picture caption details how there are Dixie Blower pipes on the building at the back of the ball park.

I apologize for the poor pictures and will try to supply better ones but unfortunately, this is fragile and I do not want to risk scanning it at this point. Has anyone ever seen one of these before? If so, what was the postmark? I am curious if any predate 1913. Any other information about the postcard is greatly appreciated.

Alan

Leon
11-25-2017, 08:20 AM
I have seen some foldout postcards similar to that but doubt it was that exact one. I don't think they have quite the following of regular postcards as they are usually large when unfolded (as yours is). Neat card!!

slidekellyslide
11-25-2017, 11:57 AM
I found one on worthpoint that was postmarked the same year and also from Baltimore. It sold for $50.

aelefson
11-25-2017, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the comments and information.

Alan