PDA

View Full Version : Absentee/proxy bid in Hunt 11/11 Live Auction

HexsHeroes
11-10-2017, 09:01 PM

Catalog and website Terms of Sale state that bidders had until Friday, 11/10 at 1:00PM EST to post pre-auction bid. I signed in at 12:40PM EST only to be met with “prebidding closed” message. What gives? So I had to go through Invaluable(???) to place my absentee bid. I did receive a green checkmark and short message stating my bid was accepted, and directing me to “My Account” to view my Hunt account limit. But still feeling uneasy that my proxy bid in really in place since Hunt does not show that proxy bid in “My Bids” details. Guess I have to trust the technology and that bid confirmation is foolproof. Not sure how I would confirm with so little time before auction, plus I will be in my car traveling for 8-10 hours tomorrow while the Live auction runs its course.

Topnotchsy
11-11-2017, 05:07 PM
I was surprised to see it closed earlier than 1 PM EST on their website, but I had bid already.

I'm confused though on the item I bid on since the ending price that the website is higher than my bid without buyer's premium and lower than with premium and I am not sure if the number includes buyer's premium or not (I'm assuming not and assuming I lost, but kind of hoping I'm wrong.)

HexsHeroes
11-12-2017, 10:41 AM
To add even more confusion to my situation, the Hunt site is only showing my earlier online ceiling bid, and not the last pre-live ceiling bid confirmed through Invaluable (or was it Hunt?). Based on the closing bid posted online, and my “confirmed” pre-live ceiling bid, either I won or my confirmed ceiling bid ignored. Guess I have to call Monday and hope I find someone who can confirm my win, or explain why I did not.

prewarsports
11-12-2017, 03:40 PM
I placed a bunch of bids after the 1pm deadline through Invaluable and got an e mail stating I had won some items so it is weird that you would have not received one. I bet I know what you were after and you outbid me :)

Bpm0014
11-13-2017, 07:56 AM
Same here. I didn't even bothering to bid. It stated BIDDING CLOSED and I just figured I was out of luck.

HexsHeroes
11-13-2017, 05:00 PM
Rhys; Hugh Jennings signed letter. I did not win It either. My luck not too good on Hugh Jennings autographs. You outbid me on the signed 1912 Jennings business card on eBay 2-3 years ago. Then I lost out on the same signed business card after you consigned it to REA later. Just how things go sometimes.

prewarsports
11-13-2017, 08:38 PM
I thought you were maybe after the Charlie Schmidt signed letters. Those were a good deal too but I am swimming in autographs right now and haven't even had the time to go through the last big collection I bought so I gracefully bowed out on that one. I did win most of the bigger lots from the same consignor, hopefully there are some gems in there as the photos and descriptions left much to be desired.

HexsHeroes
11-13-2017, 09:05 PM
The Chas Boss Schmidt items were tempting but I already have a couple I bought from Kevin Keating many years ago. I will be interested in learning what your latest large autograph collection acquisition contains. Perhaps an item or two on my want list I hope 😏