PDA

View Full Version : How do you show your cards?

Chuck9788
11-08-2017, 08:58 AM
When showing your cards to someone. Do you start from your earliest dated cards and move up to the most current dated? Or do you do the opposite and work your way back into time?

Or maybe your cards are put together by team? Or in a different unmentioned way? Please share.

KMayUSA6060
11-08-2017, 09:04 AM
I like to put my cards in piles of 52 and throw them in the air, yelling, "52 CARD PICKUP!"

As they pick them up, that's the order in which they see them. :D

In all seriousness, I need to reorganize my HoF PC, but in the future they will view them by era.

1952boyntoncollector
11-08-2017, 09:13 AM
I hide them and refuse to admit i even collect......we are a long way for me to admit to having them and showing them...

kvnkvnkvn
11-08-2017, 09:16 AM
Same way I let you animals view my trade folder...With a link...

Leon
11-10-2017, 05:48 AM
When showing your cards to someone. Do you start from your earliest dated cards and move up to the most current dated? Or do you do the opposite and work your way back into time?

Or maybe your cards are put together by team? Or in a different unmentioned way? Please share.

I go from earliest cards usually but sometimes I put them in ACC order. It just depends on how I feel. Here is the first "card" on my website, though it's really a photo...well, a tin one, but one nonetheless.

http://luckeycards.com/ptintype1800slittleboy.jpg

cgreat14
11-10-2017, 01:32 PM
I don't show them I hoard them!

steve B
11-10-2017, 01:47 PM
It depends on who I'm showing them to and why. The one time I put much effort onto it one of my friends asked why I collected them. I put a handful in order by decade, and explained how the design of the card reflected the time it was created in what made it special, how the player was portrayed, etc. They really understood after, so I mush have got it right.

The rest have been answers to more direct questions, like do you have Yaz rookie card?, or do you have a Ty Cobb card? Those are lots simpler.

cardswin53
11-10-2017, 03:59 PM
and pull the binder of Cardinal cards from that year

BengoughingForAwhile
11-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Instead of using cheesy pickup lines :cool: I now take a few graded cards out to the bars on Friday and Saturday nights :D and show them to hot chicks to try and close the deal. :eek:

KingFisk
11-10-2017, 07:06 PM
I wonder what it would be like to have someone actually interested in looking at my cards.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chuck9788
11-10-2017, 09:58 PM
I am showing the cards to my nephew, he's a top talent 11 year old ball player in Florida.

Last year I gave him a 1970 Rollie Fingers card and he lit up with shear excitement.

I feel it is our duty as vintage baseball fans and memorabilia collectors to introduce our interest to the younger generation. I plan to not only just show my cards to my nephew, but to spend an evening educating him on the rich history of baseball that the cards represent. I have over 130 HOF player cards to show him, so it should be a pretty thorough lesson .. LOL.