PDA

View Full Version : I think I've found a great side business........

russkcpa
11-03-2017, 08:43 PM
The LURE of ungraded diamonds in the rough.................

So here we have 2 1968 Topps Mantle cards
The PSA 6 card sold for for $190
The ungraded card sold for $405 (keep reading to see PSA grade it received)

To the naked eye they look very much identical. The ungraded card was sold by an Ebay seller who typically sells ALL ungraded cards (many many Mantles from the mid 60's era) FIRST AND FOREMOST HE IS AN HONEST AND STAND UP EBAY SELLER WITH IMPECCABLE FB !!! His ads will typically say that the card looks great with no creases, no wrinkles, the corners are sharp with light honest aging at the tips, has perfect clear imagery, has original gloss and sheen, has sparkling pack fresh colors, is clean, and has very nice eye appeal. There are no pinholes, markings, paper loss, or any other damage of that kind. It is 100% authentic guaranteed and that if you choose to submit to a grading company it is guaranteed to receive a grade

The PSA grade on the ungraded card was 5.5. Not a good investment at $405

I just need to find 100 cards per month and bet I can make $50 to $150 per card

I'm selling franchises if anyone is interested

Stonepony
11-03-2017, 08:51 PM
So you buy a card from an impeccable, well respected seller and receive a card that was honestly and perfectly described to a T.... then you send it back for a refund because PSA didn't award you a grade you want? Yeesh....what is your EBay ID so I can block you?

russkcpa
11-03-2017, 08:58 PM
So you buy a card from an impeccable, well respected seller and receive a card that was honestly and perfectly described to a T.... then you send it back for a refund because PSA didn't award you a grade you want? Yeesh....what is your EBay ID so I can block you?

You are missing the whole point.....and IT WAS NOT MY CARD !!
It's the lure of ungraded cards that could produce that 7.5-8-8.5 grade
Read before you post a nasty comment

Aquarian Sports Cards
11-03-2017, 09:05 PM
I am following what you're saying, but the question is where are you going to get these apparently fantastic raw cards at a bargain price, cause if you have a source let me know! Or are you going to buy nice 6's and crack them and then describe them honestly and let people hope for 8's?

JustinD
11-03-2017, 10:00 PM
I am following what you're saying, but the question is where are you going to get these apparently fantastic raw cards at a bargain price, cause if you have a source let me know! Or are you going to buy nice 6's and crack them and then describe them honestly and let people hope for 8's?

The latter is the business plan for at least 10 major sellers on eBay. This is a tried and true eBay method to rube the grading gamblers.

Yoda
11-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Interesting that our old friend Battlefields is now interspersing her raw cards for more than just a few Mantles and offering a mix of PSA high-graded Hof'ers. Her business model must have been tweaked.

T206HOFOnly
11-03-2017, 11:48 PM
I am a bit lost of how there are certainly raw cards that will come back as PSA 7's and 8's, yet you post one that wasn't even close to that? Ambiguity and being unsure of which side of the bed card graders wake up on while looking at your cards is a powerful buying and selling point. Stick with guarantees by cards already slabbed with good photos and return policies. Or, shuffle money back and forth with the hopes of Santa Claus making sure you get just what you want. Good luck!

Snapolit1
11-04-2017, 06:11 AM
My new side business is I am going to buy a lot of photos at Rhys' auctions for 300 or 400 hundred bucks and immediately turn around and list them on ebay the day I receive them for $3000. Not sure it works but certainly a lot of upside.