PDA

View Full Version : O/T Congrats to the Astros

Rich Klein
11-02-2017, 03:16 AM
After 55 years, they finally won a World Series and ended their history of bad luck.

Rich

greco827
11-02-2017, 06:41 AM
Great series, and great for baseball. Springer was on fire, and definitely earned the Series MVP. Yankees 2018!!!

Jason
11-02-2017, 07:10 AM
Very entertaining World Series. Can't wait for spring training and another year!

KMayUSA6060
11-02-2017, 08:03 AM
As an Indians fan, I couldn't stomach to watch any playoff/World Series games after my Tribe were eliminated. My heart is on the mend, but it doesn't mend THAT quickly.

However, congrats to the Astros. Yet another feel good story in sports (Houston winning the World Series after Hurricane Harvey). Homegrown organization, and I can respect that.

Cleveland 2018.

bobbyw8469
11-02-2017, 08:45 AM
Just to play devil's advocate, and not to take anything away from the Astros, but why the &*#$ did the Dodgers NOT start their Ace, Clayton Kershaw??? He is the best pitcher in baseball. Boneheaded move.

vintagetoppsguy
11-02-2017, 09:26 AM
Just to play devil's advocate, and not to take anything away from the Astros, but why the &*#$ did the Dodgers NOT start their Ace, Clayton Kershaw??? He is the best pitcher in baseball. Boneheaded move.

I gotta disagree with you, Bobby. On 2 days rest? His last outing was hardly great - 4-2/3 IP, 6 ER

Edited to add: The Dodgers gave him a 4 run lead. He couldn't hold it. Then they gave him a 3 run lead. He couldn't hold that either.

KMayUSA6060
11-02-2017, 09:32 AM

See 2016 Corey Kluber.

Louieman
11-02-2017, 09:50 AM

Easy to say after the fact. Yu Darvish, while not at the level of Kershaw, is still a top tier pitcher. He had a bad outing after a bad outing, on the platform of the world series so it's bad timing. Rumor is that he might have been tipping his pitches, too. But Kershaw clearly had not developed a reputation as a reliable pitcher in the playoffs, so it's very reasonable to expect Darvish to pitch well in that situation. You give the starter a chance, especially when the starter is very good like Darvish typically is. If you want to argue it was boneheaded to leave him in that long, I wouldn't disagree with you there.

Leon
11-02-2017, 11:43 AM
As a native Houstonian I was glad the Stro's finally brought home a World Championship. I even watched quite a bit of several of the games including most of game 7 :) I think I missed the first two innings LOL....

CardMD
11-02-2017, 12:11 PM
I was there at game 7 (and game 2). Unfortunately my team did not win. A very disappointing performance from the offense. After the first two Astros runs in the first inning who knew that was the game. Astros definitely looked over confident against Darvish so the theory of finding a tell is highly likely. I agree with Louie. You have to go with Darvish over Kersh on short rest. However, I wish they had not!! The rest of the Dodger pitchers shut them down. Man. So close. Now I know how the Indians fans feel. Oh well. Next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tschock
11-02-2017, 12:13 PM
As a long time Giants fan, I was pulling for the Astros all the way, of course. :D To be fair, I was regardless of the Dodgers. And ya just gotta love Correa's proposal.

ValKehl
11-02-2017, 09:26 PM
2018 will be Washington Nationals' year! :D

JollyElm
11-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Congrats to all the Astros fans out there!! I still think of them as an NL team, though. I will never get past that.

ecRich
11-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Sorry Val, but my Dodgers will be back. My pain from game seven should be over by next spring.

Jdoggs
11-02-2017, 11:36 PM
Congrats Houston Astros well deserved!

KMayUSA6060
11-03-2017, 06:36 AM
I was there at game 7 (and game 2). Unfortunately my team did not win. A very disappointing performance from the offense. After the first two Astros runs in the first inning who knew that was the game. Astros definitely looked over confident against Darvish so the theory of finding a tell is highly likely. I agree with Louie. You have to go with Darvish over Kersh on short rest. However, I wish they had not!! The rest of the Dodger pitchers shut them down. Man. So close. Now I know how the Indians fans feel. Oh well. Next year.

No you don't. ;)

Last Dodgers WS Title: 1988

Last Indians WS Title: 1948

We have 40 more years of pain and suffering. Plus, we were up 3-1 last year (and 2-0 this year).