PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on a 1934 Japan Ruth photograph (signed?)

Topnotchsy
10-28-2017, 10:33 PM
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I've seen similar items from the auction houses over the years, but was hoping to get some thoughts on this.

It looks like a 1934 picture of Ruth that he signed quite a few copies of, so my first thought was that it looks like a legit signature.

I was wondering if there was any concern that the signature might be facsimile (or forged.)

Thanks!

theshleps
10-28-2017, 11:30 PM
I bought one on ebay. turned out to be a fascimile

Topnotchsy
10-28-2017, 11:41 PM
I bought one on ebay. turned out to be a fascimile

Sorry to hear that, but appreciate the information.

Lordstan
10-29-2017, 10:47 AM
That one is a preprint. I have seen one that I think could be real, but that matches others exactly that I have seen.

Below are a few that I found a while back and edited together. I added your example to the group photo. It is clear to see that the one in the slab with the red flip is a preprinted version. I am making no judgements of the authenticity of the one in the slab with the blue flip, but it is significantly different than the other 3.

Topnotchsy
10-29-2017, 01:45 PM
That one is a preprint. I have seen one that I think could be real, but that matches others exactly that I have seen.

Below are a few that I found a while back and edited together. I added your example to the group photo. It is clear to see that the one in the slab with the red flip is a preprinted version. I am making no judgements of the authenticity of the one in the slab with the blue flip, but it is significantly different than the other 3.

That's awesome thanks!

theshleps
10-29-2017, 04:47 PM
Alittle off subject but I got this in a photo album of an American family that was in japan in the 1930's. One of my favorite pieces

thetruthisoutthere
10-29-2017, 05:05 PM
Alittle off subject but I got this in a photo album of an American family that was in japan in the 1930's. One of my favorite pieces

That's a great piece, Michael.

Topnotchsy
10-29-2017, 11:18 PM

That's incredible!