View Full Version : Red Grange and Hand Writing Experts

Jobu
10-24-2017, 08:47 AM
I posted this on the other side and would greatly appreciate your thoughts:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=246498

Thanks!

alexanderautographs
10-24-2017, 04:32 PM
Bryan, all you really have to work with is the "G" - not much. My professional opinion, they're not a match. You have SOME circumstantial evidence, but again, "Joe Gum" could have been any athlete attending the ceremonies. Now, if you can find a period Grange signature and show it to me, with the "Gum", I could offer a better opinion...

Jobu
10-24-2017, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback Bill. I agree with you that some period writing will probably be necessary here as the G is similar but not identical. The signed photo with the note has some other letters that look similar to me but I also might be seeing what I want to see too.

Lordstan
10-25-2017, 06:54 AM
I am sorry to say that I do not see a NY significant similarities between the 2 signatures that would lead me to believe that Grange signed Joe Gum. The capital G is significantly different as is the terminal e on Joe compared with Grange. None of the other letters I see are so spot on that would make me overlook those 2 differences.
It is a great item, but I don't think Grange signed it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RelicSports
10-25-2017, 08:24 AM
Attached is a photo that was signed circa 1925/26 with a small inscription by Grange. Hope this helps

Jobu
10-27-2017, 11:06 AM
I appreciate the honest opinions and the new writing sample. It seems like Net54 is leaning towards a non-Grange Joe Gum.