PDA

View Full Version : Careful selling Cuban cards on Ebay

danmckee
10-21-2017, 07:15 AM
I knew Paypal had a hard on about this but it looks like ebay is just now catching on:

Hello darby-s,
After reviewing your account, we've had to take the following action:
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

The item you listed originated from Cuba, a country against which the United States is imposing an embargo. Because eBay is a company based within the United States, it and its subsidiaries are bound by the trade restrictions of the United States Government. As a result, we do not allow any products from Cuba regardless of if they were made or brought into the country before the embargo. We appreciate that you chose to utilize our site, but we must ask that you please not relist in this case.

Here are the listings we removed:
122579218399 - 1940's Almendares Cuban Baseball Handkerchief Cuba

If you have any concerns or questions, click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

We appreciate your understanding.
Thanks,

eBay

Exhibitman
10-21-2017, 07:18 AM
Don’t use words like Cuba, Cuban or Havana in the listing. Their search bots won’t find anything.

danmckee
10-21-2017, 07:29 AM
Yes I agree but that item has been up for 5 years so they are just starting it looks like. I have several other Cuban items up they haven' shut down yet.

Buythatcard
10-21-2017, 07:40 AM
Looks like you won't be able to sell any Mark Cuban autographs.:)

Leon
10-21-2017, 07:50 AM
Yet I have reported this fake Babe Ruth Candy wrapper 3 times and it stays up...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372088018821

danmckee
10-21-2017, 07:59 AM
I stopped reporting stuff, they don't care, that won't get them in trouble with Uncle Sam but the Cuban shit might.

Ebay is pathetic

Leon
10-21-2017, 08:08 AM
I stopped reporting stuff, they don't care, that won't get them in trouble with Uncle Sam but the Cuban shit might.

Ebay is pathetic

It seems their old EMR program is back and as broken as ever!!!!