PDA

View Full Version : Those rare T3 "no offer" cards at REA

GregMitch34
10-19-2017, 11:45 AM
Forgive me if someone has already posted on this here but I wonder what anyone's take might be on this treasure trove. They do give you some idea of how rare they might be...just guestimates...but the pricing could be almost anything. I wonder what you'd guess premium might be. Also the cards are all SGC (which may hurt), and mainly unusually high grade for T3s (5s and 6s).

Leon
10-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Forgive me if someone has already posted on this here but I wonder what anyone's take might be on this treasure trove. They do give you some idea of how rare they might be...just guestimates...but the pricing could be almost anything. I wonder what you'd guess premium might be. Also the cards are all SGC (which may hurt), and mainly unusually high grade for T3s (5s and 6s).

I am with you on hopefully finding some provenance. As for a premium for the no-ad back, I really don't know.

RedsFan1941
10-19-2017, 02:44 PM
I am with you on hopefully finding some provenance. As for a premium for the no-ad back, I really don't know.

there's an entire page (134) in the catalog (and on rea's website) dedicated to the provenance. unless i am mistaking about your meaning.

Exhibitman
10-19-2017, 03:37 PM
No ad backs are really tough to find. When they come up in more than dribs and drabs they are typically caches that someone is liquidating. I can only recall one such cache of boxing Turkey Reds that came up, on eBay a few years ago.

I've handled several of them over the years but kept just one as a type. Five boxing no ads sold in last year's LOTG Ringside auction and went for $861 (Johnson, SGC 10 w/front damage) $172 (Coulon SGC 45), and three raw ones in poor condition in one lot for $234.

Don't know if that helps...I suppose it comes under the heading of if there is a player you want and you like the card, don't be stingy.

mechanicalman
10-19-2017, 03:49 PM
Some of those T3s look pristine (no, not in a BVG 10 kind of way), but you know what I mean. I think that might make it hard to parse out the premium paid for the rare back vs. the sheer quality of the front.

Leon
10-19-2017, 03:52 PM
there's an entire page (134) in the catalog (and on rea's website) dedicated to the provenance. unless i am mistaking about your meaning.

Thanks, I totally missed that. They were probably from a general store business....makes sense and they look great!!

GregMitch34
10-28-2017, 08:31 PM
On eve of auction closing--any further thoughts on this? Prices at this point don't seem too extreme except for the NMs and some of top HOFers. No big surge yet but might come. Under valued?