PDA

View Full Version : Help on worth 1910-1915 "Georgia Peach" Bat

corygkb1
10-16-2017, 09:08 AM
I am new to the forum, but did search around before posting.

I had to clear out my grandparents house after their departure and one item I found in the back of a closet was a Louisville Slugger Ty Cobb Georgia Peach bat.
It is is good condition"I think at least"
I did some research on this and really can't find a price, other than on Ebay for a buy it now or best offer of $4,999.
I don't want to take it in to a local card dealer as I am not a sports memorabilia person and don't want to be told its only $200 and then get conned and find out it was worth more than $2k.
I have attached some pictures of it. I am on the fence about selling this as I am not sure if it was my grandfathers bat or something he picked up for a collection he he was starting because there was no other cards or that. But maybe another family member got to the collection before I was there and didn't let anyone know about it to make a quick buck. He did it with many other things.

edjs
10-16-2017, 01:16 PM
Try this search in google, lots of stuff for you to read through there:

ty cobb louisville slugger georgia peach decal bat

perezfan
10-16-2017, 05:17 PM
What is the length of the bat?

Assuming it's 32" or more, and no chips/cracks/restoration/ink writing, it's roughly an $800 - $1,000 piece. I'd classify it as having light to moderate wear, based on the pics you provided. Not the rarest of the decal bats, but it is Cobb.

The ebay dealer is on a "greed high" as so many of them are. Never has one sold for that amount. It will sit there indefinitely without a nibble.

corygkb1
10-20-2017, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the info.

UnVme7
10-20-2017, 02:39 PM
A pretty decent decal for the most part. I had the exact bat that had around 20% of the decal left. Sold it in auction and it went for about $300.