PDA

View Full Version : EBay Bucks Quick Question

ccre
10-14-2017, 05:58 PM
Curious if the EBay Bucks % is effective when you win the item or pay for the item? Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks Dave

RedsFan1941
10-14-2017, 06:04 PM
pretty sure when you win the item or commit to the BIN

kmac32
10-14-2017, 06:13 PM
It is when you pay for the item.

Jim65
10-14-2017, 08:50 PM
It is when you pay for the item.

Yup, definitely when you pay, not when auction ends.

ccre
10-15-2017, 06:32 AM
Thanks guys!

thecatspajamas
10-15-2017, 06:34 PM
If it's a bonus bucks promotion, they typically stipulate in the fine print that the item must be both won and paid for within the promotion period.

Any other time, standard ebay bucks are accrued when the item is paid for.

savedfrommyspokes
10-16-2017, 06:18 AM
If it's a bonus bucks promotion, they typically stipulate in the fine print that the item must be both won and paid for within the promotion period.

Any other time, standard ebay bucks are accrued when the item is paid for.

I have found that with the bonus buck promos, Even though it is not stated, it appears that not more than 24 hours is allowed after the promo has ended to send a payment and still qualify for the award. Recently, I had several auction wins that needed an invoice and the seller did not send the invoice until the morning after the promo ended and when I paid that afternoon, I still received the bonus. However, in a similar situation, I did not send a payment on several auction wins until two days after the promo ended, and did not receive the bonus.

sterlingfox
10-16-2017, 07:13 AM
It's definitely when you win or commit to the BIN. Doesn't matter in the least when you pay. I have paid a week later and still got the bonus bucks.

thecatspajamas
10-18-2017, 06:12 PM
I have found that with the bonus buck promos, Even though it is not stated, it appears that not more than 24 hours is allowed after the promo has ended to send a payment and still qualify for the award. Recently, I had several auction wins that needed an invoice and the seller did not send the invoice until the morning after the promo ended and when I paid that afternoon, I still received the bonus. However, in a similar situation, I did not send a payment on several auction wins until two days after the promo ended, and did not receive the bonus.

From the latest bucks promotion that I just received today:

Promotion details
The Promotion starts at 5​:​0​0​A​M PT on Octo​ber 18, 2017, and ends at 1​1​:​5​9​P​M P​T on Octo​ber 19, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). Extra eBay Bucks can only be earned on every single item purchased that meets the minimum purchase requirement specified in the offer (a “Qualifying Purchase”). Promotion is valid on multiple qualifying purchases made within the promotion time period. In order to qualify for the offer, you must click the email to activate.

Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. Purchases must be completed during the Promotion Period and paid for with P​a​y​P​a​l before the Promotion ends. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time. Other restrictions apply. See Terms & Conditions for details.

[Disclaimer: I have never taken note of whether auction wins paid for after the promotion ends accrued standard or bonus-rate bucks. I'm just restating what's written in the fine print]

ccre
10-19-2017, 08:03 AM
I should have been more specific with my question. I was curious about EBay Bucks promos (ie 8%-10%). I won 2 auctions last Thursday (big money) and i had been waiting on a promo to pop up so i could take advantage of it. I did notice an 8% percent promo pop up last night and paid then and did receive the 8%. So there you go!

thecatspajamas
10-23-2017, 09:48 AM
As a follow-up to this previous discussion, with the last promotion, I had a couple purchases of auctions that had ended prior to the promotion that I paid for during the promotion which received only the standard-rate bucks. So no bonus simply because I paid within the bonus period.

Rhotchkiss
10-23-2017, 10:09 AM
How can you tell when a vendor accepts eBay bucks? I have learned the hard way that not all eBay sellers accept eBay bucks

thecatspajamas
10-23-2017, 11:48 AM
If they accept PayPal, they accept ebay bucks. You just apply it to your invoice when checking out through PayPal. The acceptance is between ebay and PayPal, and shouldn't appear any differently on the seller's end (in other words, they just see the invoice is paid through PayPal, but can't tell if you used ebay bucks, credit card, funds in your PayPal account, etc)

swarmee
10-23-2017, 05:01 PM
How can you tell when a vendor accepts eBay bucks? I have learned the hard way that not all eBay sellers accept eBay bucks

I think you're confusing eBay bucks with the random discount codes. Many of the codes can only be used on specific sellers. Maybe?

Rhotchkiss
10-23-2017, 06:39 PM
That may be it. But the other day I had like $90 eBay bucks and I figured I pick up a well priced 1984 usfl Jim Kelly rookie for my kid. I hit BIN and then when I went to pay, the use eBay portion of the screen was locked; that is I could not get to where I could apply the eBay bucks. Maybe it is a phone app thing; I have noticed differences between the website and the app. Well, I was thinking I was getting a nice PSA 9 Kelly rookie for $45. Nope, it cost me $135... Oh well.

swarmee
10-23-2017, 07:01 PM
Well, you have to actually click a checkbox nowadays in order to "apply" your eBay bucks. So maybe you missed the checkbox, or it doesn't show up properly in the app. The bucks should still be there.

Rhotchkiss
10-25-2017, 05:49 AM
So maybe I am just a total technology-moron and none of the following is accurate (a real possibility), but I was able to use Ebay bucks last night (on a Lawrence Taylor Rc PSA 9), however, I believe it was only bc I paid with payPal. In other words, Ebay apparently would not let me use Ebay bucks when I went to use a credit card, even when the credit card is linked to PayPal. But, if/when I paid directly through my PayPal account, with money in my PayPal account, I was permitted to use the ebay bucks. So, if this is accurate, I learned something that I am sure everyone already knew -- Dbay bucks cannot be used when you pay by credit card, even if that card is linked to your PayPal account