PDA

View Full Version : T206 Cobb Red Bkg

Yoda
10-11-2017, 01:55 PM
There certainly seems a plethora of red Cobbs in the REA, at least a dozen. I was reminded about the old urban legend that they were double printed. T206experts I am sure will have the answer.

The Nasty Nati
10-11-2017, 02:18 PM
Yes, they are actually one of the most common cards in the set.

All Cobbs are hot right now, including the red. My opinion, if it's a common back, wait it out. The supply is pretty high for red Cobbs. That being said, I sure would like one :rolleyes:

Sean
10-11-2017, 02:25 PM
The Cobb Red is one of six "superprints." Along with Evers batting, Chance yellow portrait, Matty dark cap, Chase blue portrait and Chase black cap. These six are the most produced cards in the set, and since only Cobb also appears on the Cobb back, the Red card is the most produced of all.

greco827
10-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Even a Cycle 460. Only an SGC 2, but I still wouldn't mind having one. No Sovereign 460's though.

DeanH3
10-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Red Cobbys are not difficult for sure. However, if you want one nicely centered with a deep red background and focused, then don't be too patient. Finding one with all three attributes are a lot more difficult than you'd think. Good luck!

mechanicalman
10-11-2017, 09:14 PM
Red Cobbys are not difficult for sure. However, if you want one nicely centered with a deep red background and focused, then don't be too patient. Finding one with all three attributes are a lot more difficult than you'd think. Good luck!

This is so true. Maddening and frustrating, but so true.

Leon
10-14-2017, 03:17 PM
This is so true. Maddening and frustrating, but so true.

If it wasn't for you guys my collecting would be a bit easier :)....Nice examples of even the more common cards, such as the relatively common T206 Red Cobbs still fetch premiums. (and sometimes very big ones!!)