PDA

View Full Version : Another Rip-Off Attempt

Yoda
10-11-2017, 10:43 AM
As I was mindlessly trolling through Ebay, trying to figure out why the powers to be dropped the pre-war category, I stumbled across one of the more egregious attempts at misrepresentation/fraud I've seen in a while. Sorry again for lack of scanning, but the card in question is a Baltimore News rookie Ruth. no less, and the vendor is monlui.rvpw7p who has a 95% ratio on 106 feedbacks.
His story is the same old blither, nothing at all believable. His only prior card sale was a raw '48 Leaf Ruth, which went for about $100. The buyer, uhh shill, gave him glowing feedback. This was the dress rehearsal before the big score.
Ebay should pay the Board for our card security work.

Eric72
10-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Here's the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162700791371

Not my listing, nor do I know the seller.

bnorth
10-11-2017, 11:10 AM
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245841

Leon
10-13-2017, 09:23 AM
Here's the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162700791371

Not my listing, nor do I know the seller.

I will never be ok with that terminology on a flip. A question mark is not an opinion ..If a TPG thinks it's fake say it's fake!! :cool:.... (I realize it's been discussed but it still hasn't been fixed.)

Babe3Ruth3
10-13-2017, 03:42 PM
I will never be ok with that terminology on a flip. A question mark is not an opinion ..If a TPG thinks it's fake say it's fake!! :cool:.... (I realize it's been discussed but it still hasn't been fixed.)

Leon,
Would showing PSA that Ebay listing and how the seller uses it as credibility toward getting a buyer for it, as well as people on this card collecting forum feeling it's helping to sell these "fakes", do anything to help PSA makes changes?

toledo_mudhen
10-14-2017, 01:39 AM
That thing aint never gonna sell for $5K - Only a moron would bid on it.

Leon
10-14-2017, 06:47 AM
Leon,
Would showing PSA that Ebay listing and how the seller uses it as credibility toward getting a buyer for it, as well as people on this card collecting forum feeling it's helping to sell these "fakes", do anything to help PSA makes changes?

I doubt it. PSA hasn't been responsive to this issue AND it is an issue, imo..... Maybe they don't think it's one?

Huck
10-14-2017, 07:31 AM
So, the flip is real and issued by PSA?

MikeGarcia
10-14-2017, 08:08 AM

...counterfeit cards are an E-Bay buyers' problem ; forged flips/labels are a PSA problem and the fedder alleys have an interest in forged TM'ed copyrighted pieces of paper.....but first they must be made aware of the situation ; I imagine Joe O. has at least one attorney for things like this.....he said hopefully..

Eric72
10-14-2017, 08:37 AM
I wish PSA would simply stop issuing those flips. Perhaps they could instead send the card back to the owner with a short form letter:

"...this item does not meet our standards..."

bnorth
10-14-2017, 08:43 AM

Yes the flip is real. When a counterfeit card is caught by PSA they put the sticker/flip on the card saver they received the card in. I got these 2 flips from a guy that tried to get 2 counterfeits past PSA.