View Full Version : eBay screwiness.

Brian Van Horn
10-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Yesterday was this glitch:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245965

Today, the pre-WWII option disappeared.

swarmee
10-10-2017, 07:47 PM
You know what, I had a different theory about the Best Offer on the auction. Maybe you're supposed to propose a higher price than the minimum bid in order to get the seller to end the auction before a bid is placed. Could be a way for eBay to force transactions to stay on eBay rather than off-eBay.

So you list a $1200 card for $99 and Best Offer. Someone offers $900 before a bid comes in. Now if you end the listing, eBay can charge the seller $90 since there was a valid offer on the card.

Brian Van Horn
10-10-2017, 07:50 PM
You know what, I had a different theory about the Best Offer on the auction. Maybe you're supposed to propose a higher price than the minimum bid in order to get the seller to end the auction before a bid is placed. Could be a way for eBay to force transactions to stay on eBay rather than off-eBay.

So you list a $1200 card for $99 and Best Offer. Someone offers $900 before a bid comes in. Now if you end the listing, eBay can charge the seller $90 since there was a valid offer on the card.

John,

Interesting. A little devious, but interesting.

the-illini
10-10-2017, 07:50 PM
I am having the same problem.

This is why I would never auction anything through ebay again.

irv
10-10-2017, 07:51 PM
Yesterday was this glitch:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245965

Today, the pre-WWII option disappeared.

I noticed that a short while ago, with all of them, and was going to ask/tell, Leon about it.
I logged off first and cleared my browser and cookies then tried again and it was back.

Buythatcard
10-11-2017, 05:19 AM
I believe that is not the only problem with eBay. Every morning, I receive an email form eBay showing me available items that fall into my search criteria. My search is set up to show pre 1942 Baseball.

Here is what showed up today:

irv
10-11-2017, 07:00 AM
It's doing that again to me as well.

I am also waiting for an invoice which should have been sent first thing this morning. I can only assume the seller is having issues as well?

sterlingfox
10-11-2017, 09:08 AM
I logged off and cleared my browser and cookies but the preWWII search option is still gone.

VERY disappointing!!! :mad:

I noticed that a short while ago, with all of them, and was going to ask/tell, Leon about it.
I logged off first and cleared my browser and cookies then tried again and it was back.

the-illini
10-11-2017, 09:15 AM
I logged off and cleared my browser and cookies but the preWWII search option is still gone.

Same here - browser cleanse did not work for me...

edjs
10-11-2017, 10:00 AM
This is just a theory, but if ebay's servers are here in California, they may be experiencing issues from the wildfires. My online banking service is down because the place where it is run from is in Santa Rosa and the communication network is gone from the fires.

Yoda
10-11-2017, 10:04 AM

You have to wonder on what basis some idiot on Ebay pulled the plug on our favorite option.

h2oya311
10-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Same thing here...my search criteria are messed up now and I'm not in the mood to scroll through all the modern crap to see what I really want! Argh!

Stampsfan
10-11-2017, 01:56 PM
I keep saying it... this is the type of sh*t you get in systems when development is outsourced to places like India.

irv
10-11-2017, 02:34 PM
I keep saying it... this is the type of sh*t you get in systems when development is outsourced to places like India.

Yep, and I also find the more technology/updates we add, the worse it gets.

Phoenix pay system, although I don't know where it came from or is run, is one that comes to mind.
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/measures-to-deal-with-phoenix-pay-issues-have-cost-25-million-official/article31530778/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

My wife works in a dept of GM Canada as a temp employee and she has to constantly call Jamaica, where GM's payroll office is, to fix problems for employees here in Canada. Dealing with the problems is one thing but then throw in the language barrier and it takes it to a whole new level!

Brian Van Horn
10-11-2017, 03:35 PM
Called eBay a few hours ago to alert them. Came back from a walk ten minutes ago and the problem is solved.